• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

This was explained to me from a teacher who had his doctorate of divinity from Oxford, England.

Off topic ?   

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Off topic ?   

See the original post, and try to hang with it. 

• Haha 1
  • Praying! 1

11 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

“Why have you deceived me?” The details of this verse confirm that the woman is a fraud: She pretends to be a medium, but she never really contacts the dead. Yet, this time is different, and it scares her. 

Mediums routinely summoned "spirits",  demons deceiving her and her customers, so she was likely

not a fraud - although being a medium is fatal eternally she was truly a medium.

The mediums could never contact the dead,  so this time was no different in that regard -

Seeing demons did not scare her.   She did not figure out it was Saul in disguise - that is something the demon could readily have made known to her , and apparently did as soon as it arrived.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, cantankerous5 said:

I used to think that ghosts were nothing more than demonic activity and that could still be the case, i suppose

but then i found out there is a ghost of Abraham Lincoln who occupies the White House. What is interesting is that some people see him but others do not (the Clintons didn't, assuming they would report on it if they did..), and so i wonder why that is..

Some ambassador (or his wife?) from the Netherlands visited the White House once and saw Lincoln and promptly fainted--LOL

Churchill saw Lincoln's ghost also, and from then on, avoided going in the room where he saw  him.. funny to think of Churchill scared..

Lincoln was a good person who read the whole Bible and tried to live by it.. faithful to his wife, a good father, etc.. so I don't think his soul is in Hell and manifesting on Earth somehow. I know I am not God and don't know the condtion of anyone's soul but i just don't think he went to Hell

Maybe the devil is capable of causing these kinds of images? I just find the whole thing perplexing

We think that because we are in "modern times", we know everything that's really worth knowing and everything that follows is just icing on the cake.  But every day that ever existed in human history was "modern times". 

i.e. there is a lot of really important stuff that we don't know. 

I highly recommend this book: Unseen Realm.  https://www.amazon.com/Unseen-Realm-Recovering-Supernatural-Worldview/dp/1577995562/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1USPSA197SU6W&keywords=unseen+realm+heiser&qid=1560281539&s=gateway&sprefix=unseen+realm+%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-2

And a companion site: http://www.moreunseenrealm.com/

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

She was terrified when she learned that it was King Saul in disguise asking her to consult the dead which was forbidden (he had the power and the right to have her executed as a witch)....

that's what freaked her out as you put it.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, cantankerous5 said:

I used to think that ghosts were nothing more than demonic activity and that could still be the case, i suppose

but then i found out there is a ghost of Abraham Lincoln who occupies the White House. What is interesting is that some people see him but others do not (the Clintons didn't, assuming they would report on it if they did..), and so i wonder why that is..

Some ambassador (or his wife?) from the Netherlands visited the White House once and saw Lincoln and promptly fainted--LOL

Churchill saw Lincoln's ghost also, and from then on, avoided going in the room where he saw  him.. funny to think of Churchill scared..

Lincoln was a good person who read the whole Bible and tried to live by it.. faithful to his wife, a good father, etc.. so I don't think his soul is in Hell and manifesting on Earth somehow. I know I am not God and don't know the condtion of anyone's soul but i just don't think he went to Hell

Maybe the devil is capable of causing these kinds of images? I just find the whole thing perplexing

I've had two friends who have seen their dead loved ones. The most dramatic:

About 50 years ago my wife's sister was around 7 years old. The family was in Chicago, they had other family members over and it was around midnight. The little girl was asleep. 

The girl then came out into the kitchen and said, "Where's grandpa? I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to him?" They they explained to her that he was in California and he wasn't there. But she was insistent that he came into her room and said goodbye and said everything was going to be ok. In fact, no matter what they said, she was so insistent that they called him in California. The person that answered the phone said he had died about an hour before.

Make of it what you will.

Edited by Still Alive

9 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Make of it what you will.

Rather,  what is in line with all God's Word plain and simple, without violating any Scripture ?

Simple ?   Yes.   For instance - Yahuweh gave the little girl a dream or vision, in His gentle Wisdom and Mercy ...

That would not violate any part of His Word or Plan or Purpose in Christ Jesus. (like some other ways proposed might)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Rather,  what is in line with all God's Word plain and simple, without violating any Scripture ?

Simple ?   Yes.   For instance - Yahuweh gave the little girl a dream or vision, in His gentle Wisdom and Mercy ...

That would not violate any part of His Word or Plan or Purpose in Christ Jesus. (like some other ways proposed might)

Many characters in the bible saw the dead. Probably the most famous is the transfiguration (Moses and Elija). And I believe it really WAS Moses and Elija.

• This is Worthy 1

7 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Many characters in the bible saw the dead. Probably the most famous is the transfiguration (Moses and Elija). And I believe it really WAS Moses and Elija.

Yes, they saw the dead (bodies) before burying them.

Could it have been Moses and Elijah ?  Maybe.  But , Yet, Jesus told the Apostles afterwards "tell no one the VISION......"  until such time as it was permitted.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,079
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't wish to get into a serious discussion of ghosts, but one needs to really trust Gods word

1 Sam 28:15-17

15 Then Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" And Saul answered, "I am greatly distressed; for the Philistines are waging war against me, and God has departed from me and answers me no more, either through prophets or by dreams; therefore I have called you, that you may make known to me what I should do." 16 And Samuel said, "Why then do you ask me, since the Lord has departed from you and has become your adversary? 
NASB

Gods word says   "Samuel Said"

I ,so far, have not seen any scripture that says what the Witch saw was a demon...

Necromancy is a serious offense in the Old Testament.   I've never really understood what scripture says that they are talking to demons instead of dead people.

However I don't think that things running around as ghosts are really the spirits of dead people.  I just personally do not think that necromancy (talking to the dead), is the same as ghosts inhabiting a house and haunting people.  Using the witch contacting Samuel is not a good example of ghosts running around.

• Thumbs Up 2