• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

As my due date approaches. 

My anxiety increases about loving my baby and raising him right. Like making sure he has this or that, he grows up well adjusted ...and that everything is okay. 

I worry about my baby alot. 

I worry about not being a good enough mom and i worry about not connecting with my baby emotionally when they get here.... 

Idk im just a ball of fear right now... Because my baby deserves the best and.. Its just alot of pressure.  

Then I worry about going crazy and not being sane enough for my baby....im really disappointed in myself..im just shaking.

For those that are parents...how did you survive these thoughts?

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

I can only comment as a Father. You do because you have to.

Basicly what evidence do you have that you won't be a' good' Mother?

Let me tell you a secret.

Your baby will love you totally, with no reservations.

That baby won't care how you look, whether your love in your opion isn't good enough, it will LOVE you and will depend on you.

It won't care whether you bond with it or have an 'emotional connection' ( what ever that is! )

Your baby will LOVE  you and depend on you.

So you care for it. Talk to it, sing to it, carry it, let it sleep. Keep it clean etc.

If you are crying, unable to get out of bed, feeling nothing is worth doing!

Talk to your husband and get medical help.

Otherwise look after your baby, get as much sleep as you can and simple enjoy having it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I'm not a parent so I hope you don't mind me answering.   I think when your baby is born that you will just love him or her.   That will transcend your fears, I think.   Too, the baby will get your mind off of yourself which will help.

If you need help, do you have a nice church?   Maybe some ladies might help a little?

6 hours ago, Who me said:

I can only comment as a Father. You do because you have to.

Basicly what evidence do you have that you won't be a' good' Mother?

Let me tell you a secret.

Your baby will love you totally, with no reservations.

That baby won't care how you look, whether your love in your opion isn't good enough, it will LOVE you and will depend on you.

It won't care whether you bond with it or have an 'emotional connection' ( what ever that is! )

Your baby will LOVE  you and depend on you.

So you care for it. Talk to it, sing to it, carry it, let it sleep. Keep it clean etc.

If you are crying, unable to get out of bed, feeling nothing is worth doing!

Talk to your husband and get medical help.

Otherwise look after your baby, get as much sleep as you can and simple enjoy having it.

Thank you im feeling alot better now.. I just had a late night anxiety crisis.

• Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, Debp said:

I'm not a parent so I hope you don't mind me answering.   I think when your baby is born that you will just love him or her.   That will transcend your fears, I think.   Too, the baby will get your mind off of yourself which will help.

If you need help, do you have a nice church?   Maybe some ladies might help a little?

Idk id they have a group like that at church. Well my church. Im gonna try and look for a support group.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I worry about not being a good enough mom

Welcome to parenthood.  There is not a mother who has not had these same worries.  Even after the children are grown we still worry about them.  But in the end everything will be alright. Somehow it all works out. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

My anxiety increases about loving my baby and raising him right. Like making sure he has this or that, he grows up well adjusted ...and that everything is okay. 

I worry about not being a good enough mom and i worry about not connecting with my baby emotionally when they get here.... 

Idk im just a ball of fear right now... Because my baby deserves the best and.. Its just alot of pressure.  

Then I worry about going crazy and not being sane enough for my baby....im really disappointed in myself..im just shaking.

Being a Christian and fear do not go together. Give yourself and your unborn child to God and then.......HAVE FAITH 

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Welcome to parenthood.  There is not a mother who has not had these same worries.  Even after the children are grown we still worry about them.  But in the end everything will be alright. Somehow it all works out. 

Yeah this is true.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I'm not a parent, but I might try to offer advice.

What we do with sorrow and/or worry is what determines what comes after. Essentially, "on the battlefield, it's all about how you react".

A good watchman on the wall is a vigilant creature - His eyes dart about and his ears are to the wind. He may come across as paranoid to his more lazy coworkers, but who's going to be caught dozing off when the enemy toots their horn? Who is going to see it coming, and will thus likewise be better able to prepare themselves and their allies?

These feelings you're having, they will help you to be a mother. You just have to try and remember to be calm and rational, as a soldier might be. Have faith that regardless of what might come, everything will be okay. Trust in the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

11 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I am a mother of 2 son's Jordan 19 and Nathan 14...I was full of anxiety as a single mum so I totally understand your fears and anxiety. I have went through life feeling guilty about the mum I've been etc but when I got saved God helped me in so many situations with my boys...I prayed and He answered, I poured my heart out to Him and He poured His love into me, I asked for godly wisdom and patience and He gave them to me...sometimes I forget to pray and I go through hard times feeling alone and then I remembered I have a loving heavenly Father who can help me and my boys even in the most trying situations...it isn't easy but it's different when you have God to turn too...we learn and we grow and we struggle and we learn and grow...we will never be perfect parents we will make mistakes but as long as we trust God and turn to Him will do ok...Life can be tough but with God we are never alone He is our helper comforter friend and so much more...I pray all goes well with your baby and that you be pleasantly surprised at how well you take to being his/her mother and that God would calm your fears and anxiety and fill you with His peace that passes human understanding....Perfect love casts out all fear...you are a wonderful mum already, the fact that you care so much about all these things just shows how much you love your baby ? congratulations and enjoy this beautiful gift from your loving heavenly dad ?

• This is Worthy 3
  • Loved it! 1