• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

11 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

As my due date approaches. 

My anxiety increases about loving my baby and raising him right. Like making sure he has this or that, he grows up well adjusted ...and that everything is okay. 

I worry about my baby alot. 

I worry about not being a good enough mom and i worry about not connecting with my baby emotionally when they get here.... 

Idk im just a ball of fear right now... Because my baby deserves the best and.. Its just alot of pressure.  

Then I worry about going crazy and not being sane enough for my baby....im really disappointed in myself..im just shaking.

For those that are parents...how did you survive these thoughts?

It is better for the baby that the mother is concerned about its welfare, rather than having a mother who couldn't care less about its welfare. So I think your baby will be okay. I doubt sanity will be a problem.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

There is no fear in love, perfect love casts out fear. Therefore we will not fear, God is a very present help in trouble and in time of need. He gives peace and says, be still and know that He is God, He will be exalted among the heathen, He will be exalted in the earth. 

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Psalms 46:1 1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Survive because all will be well after..

John 16:21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

1 hour ago, diane32 said:

I am a mother of 2 son's Jordan 19 and Nathan 14...I was full of anxiety as a single mum so I totally understand your fears and anxiety. I have went through life feeling guilty about the mum I've been etc but when I got saved God helped me in so many situations with my boys...I prayed and He answered, I poured my heart out to Him and He poured His love into me, I asked for godly wisdom and patience and He gave them to me...sometimes I forget to pray and I go through hard times feeling alone and then I remembered I have a loving heavenly Father who can help me and my boys even in the most trying situations...it isn't easy but it's different when you have God to turn too...we learn and we grow and we struggle and we learn and grow...we will never be perfect parents we will make mistakes but as long as we trust God and turn to Him will do ok...Life can be tough but with God we are never alone He is our helper comforter friend and so much more...I pray all goes well with your baby and that you be pleasantly surprised at how well you take to being his/her mother and that God would calm your fears and anxiety and fill you with His peace that passes human understanding....Perfect love casts out all fear...you are a wonderful mum already, the fact that you care so much about all these things just shows how much you love your baby ? congratulations and enjoy this beautiful gift from your loving heavenly dad ?

Thank you so much... Your comment is so reassuring as youve been in my shoes.. I eill definitely continue to pray :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

It is better for the baby that the mother is concerned about its welfare, rather than having a mother who couldn't care less about its welfare. So I think your baby will be okay. I doubt sanity will be a problem.

Thank You . I care alot.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

As my due date approaches. 

My anxiety increases about loving my baby and raising him right. Like making sure he has this or that, he grows up well adjusted ...and that everything is okay. 

I worry about my baby alot. 

I worry about not being a good enough mom and i worry about not connecting with my baby emotionally when they get here.... 

Idk im just a ball of fear right now... Because my baby deserves the best and.. Its just alot of pressure.  

Then I worry about going crazy and not being sane enough for my baby....im really disappointed in myself..im just shaking.

For those that are parents...how did you survive these thoughts?

Is this your first?  I had my first and only one at the age of 36.  I knew nothing about babies. I was kind of scared of them because they look like they could just break like a china doll.  My last month I was like "I have no ideal how to take care of a baby!" :happyhappy:    But once she came into the world, things seem to fall into place.  It is like my brain changed and I knew what to do.  Then the things I didn't know I leaned.  It is all so overwhelming at first. But somehow it just all falls into to place.   The first time I changed her diaper I put it on backwards. LOL!   At less I got it on the right end.    It will be okay.  If your parents or inlaws are around ask them for help. Grandmas love to help with babies. :):emot-heartbeat:

Edited by LadyKay
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

23 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Thank you im feeling alot better now.. I just had a late night anxiety crisis.

In my twenties I stayed with my grandmother and was amused to learn that she worried about her son, my Dad. Worried was he eating proberly, getting enough sleep, not working to hard etc etc

Untill I became a Father I  thought it funny. Not any more.

Try to focus your concerns on what is really happening. A child coming home late from school is talking or playing, not a victim of kidnapping.

Babies grow into children, children into teenagers, teenagers into adults who live home.

So live your life with your children, fill it with adventures, discoveries and love.

You will have plenty of worries and frights, sleepless nights and agonised waiting.

It is upto you to see that the first dominates your memories.

If you  saw 'UP' enjoy the adventure !

• Loved it! 1