• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

So, Denise......

You believe satan is many individuals. Do you believe he is one entity/spirit/individual that the bible talks about? Do you believe that there is God, his Son, Jesus and then the enemy, satan and all the angels that God cast out of heaven with him?

So, if satan is many individuals.......who is the enemy of the Lord that Christ himself fights and wins against and casts him into the lake of fire? A lot of different individuals?

I can see your point that many act on satan's behalf or are behaving like satan.....but satan is an individual who started it all.......it's not merely several people acting adversly to God. There are people and have been individuals who oppose God........Satan started all of this by tempting Adam and eve.......he took on the form of a serpent.............this was not many individuals who did that...but, Satan himself. THe starter of the opposition to God.

Lorie

Satan the adversary of God is every one who is mindful of the things of men and not mindful of the things of God. This was defined by Christ when He rebuked Peter calling Peter satan, for being mindful of the things of men and not the things of God. Satan’s kingdoms are many; they are divided and can not stand. By the end of the tribulation there will only be one faction of satan left. They will be claiming Christianity and sacrificing people for food. Satan did not start it all. The serpent in the Garden of Eden is the one who God created to start it all. It was all for Christ the first born of many sons and daughters.

Col 1

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Col 1

18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Heb 1

6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the messengers of God worship Him."

Part of mans vanity is that God made a mistake that He needed to correct. So He thought up Christ to save man. Christ was in the beginning, You were made for Him to save.

Col 1

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Denise

Edited by ruah brit

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/26/1968

Guest parousia2
There's no doubt Satan works within the world today. One only has to pick up a newspaper or watch TV news to see that. And he works in the halls of power. He can always find willing servants in those who put their own needs above God's.

The spirit he uses to accomplish his work is the spirit of Anti-christ.

Still, the Beast, the personification of the spirit of Anti-Christ, has yet to be revealed; although he may be alive today.

To All,

The Beast has been revealed. He lived prior to A.D. 70. The Book of Revelation gives us the time frame for these things. John was to write those things which must shortly take place because the time WAS near. I know that this is foreign to many of you and even repulsive to some of you, but could you not at least answer the objections people like me have against your speculative interpretations? As I read the posts here, I often see such things as "I believe," "I think," "perhaps," "possibly," "could be," "might be," etc. Is that what God has relegated us to concerning a book He has given us? And, then, there are those who make statements of "fact" which are merely their personal opinion of a passage they have taken out of its context. I do not wish to be unkind, but can we not look at this marvelous book in its entirety beginning with who wrote, why he wrote, when he wrote, to whom he wrote, and the historical situation in which he wrote it? These are basic exegetical principles. If after having done that, you still believe as you believe at least you will have given the book its proper respect and consideration. I have given the same invitation to those under the topic "The Beast of Revelation." Would anyone like to join me in a thorough study of this awesome book. :emot-lwt:

Guest parousia2

There's no doubt Satan works within the world today. One only has to pick up a newspaper or watch TV news to see that. And he works in the halls of power. He can always find willing servants in those who put their own needs above God's.

The spirit he uses to accomplish his work is the spirit of Anti-christ.

Still, the Beast, the personification of the spirit of Anti-Christ, has yet to be revealed; although he may be alive today.

To All,

The Beast has been revealed. He lived prior to A.D. 70. The Book of Revelation gives us the time frame for these things. John was to write those things which must shortly take place because the time WAS near. I know that this is foreign to many of you and even repulsive to some of you, but could you not at least answer the objections people like me have against your speculative interpretations? As I read the posts here, I often see such things as "I believe," "I think," "perhaps," "possibly," "could be," "might be," etc. Is that what God has relegated us to concerning a book He has given us? And, then, there are those who make statements of "fact" which are merely their personal opinion of a passage they have taken out of its context. I do not wish to be unkind, but can we not look at this marvelous book in its entirety beginning with who wrote, why he wrote, when he wrote, to whom he wrote, and the historical situation in which he wrote it? These are basic exegetical principles. If after having done that, you still believe as you believe at least you will have given the book its proper respect and consideration. I have given the same invitation to those under the topic "The Beast of Revelation." Would anyone like to join me in a thorough study of this awesome book. :wub:

Whatever. The events in Revelation have not come to pass. Are you so blind? When has the Lord come back? When has the plagues recorded in Revelation come to pass? Where is the Temple of God and the New Jerusalem? You base your entire theology on the word "Shortly".

Dan. 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Read Ezekiel 38 and 39. That passage describes exactly the same even as Revelation 19, even to the birds eating the corpses of the armies of the Beast. There has never been a war of the magnitude that is described in Ezekiel and in Revelation 19. When has the nation of Israel fought a war where they were burying the dead for 7 months straight with continual employment in burying the dead? When has there been a war where the left over weapons were burned for 7 years after the war was over? Never.

None of this in any of these passages has come to pass yet.

Dear whysoblind, I am a fifty-six year old mother of five children who are not allowed to say, "Whatever," because I find it to be extremely rude and disrespectful. And I believe that that is how you intended it toward me. But why would you want to be so rude? Simply because you disagree with me? "Whatever" is almost impossible to say without an "attitude." In fact, disrespect and rudeness are almost always the intention behind using it. Is this how Christ would have the members of His body speak to one another? I came here to look at God's Word; to study with others of like precious faith. But the minute I say something that goes against your beliefs, you resort to insults. I have been called a liar for misunderstanding someone. I have been rudely asked, "What are you smoking?" Perhaps there is no place on any of these messages boards where fellow Christians can in a Christlike fashion, study the Word of God for His glory and our edification. You have chosen to close your mind to what I believe before you even give me a chance to tell you. You don't even know what I believe and why. You falsely say that I base my ENTIRE THEOLOGY on the word "shortly." What kind of theology would that be? That makes no sense, and, honestly, whysoblind, I think you knew that when you said it. I want to hear what you have gleaned from God's Word and hear you intelligent, honest interpretations of Scripture. We cannot do that if we continue to call names and show no willingness to understanding where someone else is coming from. It is possible to start over and have an open, patient, God-honoring debate or shall I look elsewhere?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The book of revelation so of the visions have come to past...some are in the making and some are have not come to pass. The book is shows the past, present and the future. the first five seals have already been opened. the sixth has been opened...but the seventh hasnt...why...in the sixth, Jesus returns. the seventh seal is not opened. To really understand Revelation as you shoulld....you must study it in conjuction with Daniel. These two books are to be studied together. They give understanding the beast. By the way, no where in the bible is a beast referred to as a single individual...It is always a symbol of a nation or kingdom.

by the way, parousia2...to say to someone.."whatever" is rude!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

The book of revelation so of the visions have come to past...some are in the making and some are have not come to pass. The book is shows the past, present and the future. the first five seals have already been opened. the sixth has been opened...but the seventh hasnt...why...in the sixth, Jesus returns. the seventh seal is not opened. To really understand Revelation as you shoulld....you must study it in conjuction with Daniel. These two books are to be studied together. They give understanding the beast. By the way, no where in the bible is a beast referred to as a single individual...It is always a symbol of a nation or kingdom.

by the way, parousia2...to say to someone.."whatever" is rude!!

WhySoBlind Posted Oct 13 2005, 11:16 AM

Whatever. The events in Revelation have not come to pass. Are you so blind? When has the Lord come back? When has the plagues recorded in Revelation come to pass? Where is the Temple of God and the New Jerusalem? You base your entire theology on the word "Shortly".

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

Well who knows...

Satan is in the world, the AC could be here to.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Satan indeed works in many individuals (including Christians). This is the spirit of Anti-christ.

The Beast of Revelation however, is an individual. He may be living today, but he has notyet been revealed.

The beast in revelation is a kingdom or nation as described to Daniel by the messenger of the Lord. It has nothing to do with one Individual but a whole nation.

Da 7

22 until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.

23 "Thus he said: 'The fourth beast shall be A fourth kingdom on earth, Which shall be different from all other kingdoms, And shall devour the whole earth, Trample it and break it in pieces.

Denise

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Some said it was George Bush, and Benny Hinn.

These men are Christians.....

hmmmmmmmm

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/03/1947

WOW ! I am so dizzy. I just finished reading the entire 12 pages of this thread. I'm not sure whether I agree with some parts of what everybody has said or if I disagree with most of what everybody has said. All I know for sure is that as long as I pray for wisdom and understanding from our Father when I open the Bible and let the Bible interpret the Bible, I am well served. As I read the book of Revelation, I also read the books of Daniel, Ezekiel and Zechariah.