IGNORED

Kingdom of God (or Heaven) - What is it?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/01/1917

One of the things I often think about when I think of those in Heaven is the fact that there are more people alive than the total of all those who have passed away. This explains why God is saving the best of His Works until the end. The harvest will be great!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

The Kingdom of God exists in Heaven and Earth and will exist in the New Heaven and New Earth.

Various passages in scripture focus on each of these places but do not define the Kingdom as strictly any of them alone.

That's where people get whacked up by misinterpretation.

When Jesus said the Kingdom is among you (Luke 17:21) he was actually referring to himself.

At that point in history only he was in the Kingdom.

1 Peter 2:3–9 (AV)
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Revelation 1:6 / 5:10 says kings and priests in the Greek expression of a Hebrew idea (verify in Exodus 19:6) should be understood  as a kingdom of priests

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

On 6/1/2019 at 12:54 PM, gordon7777 said:

Our conversation is already in heaven, and we look to there for our Saviour, we look nowhere else, but where our conversation already is. Also raised us up and quickened us together with Him, and made us sit together with Him in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, who dwells in us, as Heaven came to us, and their life is never finished on the earth, they are made for it..

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I WILL COME TO YOU.

Do you believe in a place that those who are in Christ go when they die (whether in spirit or in body)? Do you believe that we will be physically resurrected with new imperishable bodies some day? Or do you believe we have Heaven now? I think there is vast support for the bodily resurrection.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

6 minutes ago, NickyLouse said:

Do you believe in a place that those who are in Christ go when they die (whether in spirit or in body)? Do you believe that we will be physically resurrected with new imperishable bodies some day? Or do you believe we have Heaven now? I think there is vast support for the bodily resurrection.

When we die, the spirit returns to God who gave it, That is the end of that person. When anyone dies in Christ, the Spirit that is in that body raises them up, because the Spirit is life.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

We have Heaven now, or we have death now, you can decide which it is for yourself.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:05 AM, Aimiel said:

I believe that The Kingdom is available and has been ever since Jesus said: "The Kingdom is at hand!" We have His Victory over all the power of the enemy. He isn't sharpening His Sword or training angels to defeat Satan. He's already defeated him. He's seated at God's Right Hand: expecting until His enemies are made into His footstool. He's waiting for us to do what He commissioned us to do: preach and enforce His Victory. He said that we would do greater works than He did. That's because it was His death and resurrection that sealed victory over Death, Hell and the grave. Death and Hell are spirits. That's why they're described in Scripture as being cast into the Lake of Fire at judgement. We have authority over them. The last enemy that will be defeated is Death. When the Body of Christ realizes that we have authority over Death and can put that spirit under our feet we will do so. In that day: Scripture says that men will seek death and not find it. Imagine men jumping off a cliff or shooting themselves in the head and surviving without a scratch! That's the power of our God. He is the God of the impossible. We serve Almighty God, Who lives within us. He is coming back for a victorious church... not one divided by silly doctrinal differences. It will take a great deal of love on our part to overlook the differences and unite with one another under His Banner of love and faith and hold onto His Truths above our interpretations of them in order to get this job done. I can see it through the eye of my faith and I can preach it, but it will take a huge leap on the part of Christians all over the earth to overcome these problems people seem to trip over trying to fellowship with one another to glorify Him. We can do it. I believe the most important question ever asked was: "Nevertheless, when The Son of Man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?"  I pray that He finds faith in me. I'm getting older every day, but I don't want to die until I can say, "I always do The Will of my Father."

Good word, Brother.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2019 at 10:29 PM, Aimiel said:

One of the things I often think about when I think of those in Heaven is the fact that there are more people alive than the total of all those who have passed away. This explains why God is saving the best of His Works until the end. The harvest will be great!!!

Yes, GREAT... and terrible :(

14 minutes ago, gordon7777 said:

When we die, the spirit returns to God who gave it, That is the end of that person. When anyone dies in Christ, the Spirit that is in that body raises them up, because the Spirit is life.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

We have Heaven now, or we have death now, you can decide which it is for yourself.

I cannot say that I agree with you if I understand you correctly. I believe that we will be resurrected bodily. I have never been told otherwise by anyone over the past 15 years that I have been studying God's word.

2 minutes ago, NickyLouse said:

I cannot say that I agree with you if I understand you correctly. I believe that we will be resurrected bodily. I have never been told otherwise by anyone over the past 15 years that I have been studying God's word.

It says above, quicken your mortal bodies, by His Spirit that dwelleth in you, and we did hear of some saints raising, and the rest God will let know, when it is time..But we shall be like Him..

Job 19:26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

The spirit returning to God who gave it, and then after that, the memory of them is forgotten, they are blotted out of the Lords book of life, never more a portion under the sun as all is perished no love no feelings no nothing..

Ecclesiastes 9:For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Psalm 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

4 minutes ago, gordon7777 said:

The spirit returning to God who gave it, and then after that, the memory of them is forgotten, they are blotted out of the Lords book of life, never more a portion under the sun as all is perished no love no feelings no nothing..

Ecclesiastes 9:For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Psalm 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Aren't you referring to the ones who do not have eternal life here? The ones with eternal life surely do not come to an end.