IGNORED

Kingdom of God (or Heaven) - What is it?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, choir loft said:

This post begins with a review of divine judgment.  Sheep and goats are mentioned.  It is this imagery I wish to address here.

Throughout most of the Bible sheep are associated with the blessed of God, while goats are associated with those who are judged unworthy of God's blessings either here or hereafter.

However, in Matthew 25:31-33 Jesus is saying there is an additional judgment.  The judgment He speaks of is a judgment of nations.  Once again sheep and goats are used to represent a separation between those receiving Our Lord's blessing and those who receive His wrath.

The Bible repeatedly states that any individual who repents of his or her wickedness can be forgiven and established in God's blessings.   Individuals can be forgiven.

The Bible NEVER states that such a magnanimous display of mercy is granted to institutions or nations.  

For example, the Davidic Kingdom of Israel was torn in two because of the sins of its kings.  Two kingdoms of Israel and Judah resulted, but ultimately were also destroyed.   When the southern kingdom of Judah was destroyed by the Chaldeans, God showed His mercy to individuals in that He allowed them safe travel into captivity and to prosper during their time in Babylon.    After being returned to Eretz Israel (land of Israel), the Jews sinned again when they rejected God's visitation and were again destroyed as a nation, but spared as individuals.   This example brings into stark relief the principle that God has mercy upon individuals but does not have mercy upon nations.

So again we see that judgment of nations is similar to judgment of individuals in the imagery of sheep and goats.   The sheep represent those nations which have sought to be a blessing to their fellow nations and the goats represent nations that have acted aggressively.

My point here is that the United States is now about as far from the Kingdom of God as any nation can get.  We have become a nation of goats! Violence and murder and illicit sex are graded on their entertainment value.  We murder our children in their mother's wombs and become insulted when such a thing is said to be wrong.   Meanwhile we forget that God judged Israel when it sacrificed its children to the god Molech.  If God judged Israel for that crime against humanity, will He not also judge America?  Military aggression is approved of by our churches and secular war mongers alike.  Peace is a distant memory if not complete impossibility.  No one from the highest political office to the lowest pulpit speaks of it as a goal or purpose or policy.  America is drunk on war.

America is visited with violence and crime on its streets, in our homes, in our schools and in our houses of prayer on a level far beyond anything history records in the past.  Weather patterns of incredible power and persistence sweep across our nation from west to east, from south to north and back again.  Our entire political leadership is frozen in gridlock, acrimony of the most venomous kind and disrespect among our allies as well as our enemies.  Our economy teeters on the razor's edge of collapse and the global American Empire is rumored to have feet of clay.  As a nation we have turned our back upon God, upon God's commandments and upon the salvation only Jesus Christ can provide.  Muslim news media has recorded that the only way America can win its war in the middle east is if it turns back to God.  Meanwhile our churches continue to broadcast messages of situational ethics, the prosperity gospel, and happy talk - all the while denying Christ and the necessity to act as a restraint amid the breakdown of society.

God is not blessing America by any standard one may wish to apply.   Anyone who believes otherwise may find themselves at cross purposes with the Kingdom of God.  America is one of the goat nations.   We need to repent of our national sins and wickedness which has grieved the God of holiness.   We need to do it now.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

"However, in Matthew 25:31-33 Jesus is saying there is an additional judgment.  The judgment He speaks of is a judgment of nations.  Once again sheep and goats are used to represent a separation between those receiving Our Lord's blessing and those who receive His wrath."

Ezekiel shows this before the Lord came to earth, how what He came to separate was between lean and fat, to judge between cattle and cattle...

Ezekiel 34:20 Therefore thus saith the Lord God unto them; Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle.
21 Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;
22 Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.

THat is shown at the ending, how it is down only to the individuals..

Matthew 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Matthew 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Luke 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

Luke 17:35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Luke 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Individual always, as nobody can redeem  their brother, though hand join in hand, and we shall all bow before the judgement seat of Christ, it is a nice thought that God judges the nations, but not what is actually shown though..

Proverbs 11:21 Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.

Proverbs 16:5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

Psalm 49:7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

God did not make two nations of Israel, the men did that, by siding against the son of Solomon. Hen we see God's wisdom, they shall no longer be two nations or divided, but one nation and one king over them, even David through to Christ. For He is pour peace who has broken down the middle wall of partition..

Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

I can give my point now, mans testimonies are not from God, they cannot use scripture to suit their purpose, Gd is not happy when anyone takes His name in vain, and we see they have no understanding of the Lord, when the true light shined.

Gods will is not mans will, the Lord predicted the signs for the end, nation against nation, kingdom against kingdom, and the end does not come until the falling away, God knows what He is doing man does not.

It is the same as in the days of Noah, nobody knew, God did it to establish that man is only evil and will not hear any warning, and how the Lord saves who He will, such as Noah, saving by many or by few too. It will be the same again, is told, and who gets in His way and knows what they are doing, or who gives the Lord counsel.

Psalm 33:11 The counsel of the Lord standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Proverbs 8:14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

Proverbs 21:30 There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the Lord.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, gordon7777 said:

It is the same as in the days of Noah, nobody knew, God did it to establish that man is only evil and will not hear any warning, and how the Lord saves who He will, such as Noah, saving by many or by few too. It will be the same again, is told, and who gets in His way and knows what they are doing, or who gives the Lord counsel.

oops.    Note that Yahuweh called Noah RIGHTEOUS,  NOT EVIL.

And He Seeks TODAY anyone who is RIGHTEOUS......  

When the son of man returns to earth, will He find anyone ?

33 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

oops.    Note that Yahuweh called Noah RIGHTEOUS,  NOT EVIL.

And He Seeks TODAY anyone who is RIGHTEOUS......  

When the son of man returns to earth, will He find anyone ?

Yes He said it revealing what is testified of in Revelation..

Luke 18:And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

His elect cry day and night to Him, to avenge them,  they are the souls of them slain for the word of God,  and for the testimony they held of Christ, crying, how long until the Lord judges and avenges, and they have to rest a little while yet, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled..

Revelation 6:And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/1/2019 at 11:26 AM, Jostler said:

oh boy :)  I get the idea we're on similar tracks.  But this is so complex, I sometimes despair of being able to assemble the parts in coherent, understandable ways.  As I've attempted to study this, I've noticed all through Scripture sets of threes.  And I think those provide some insight into a LOT of things.  But, to name a few;

1.  seeing, entering, inheriting

2. called, chosen, faithful

3.  slaves, bond-servants, sons

4.  spirit, soul, body

5.  outer court, holy place, holy of holies

6.  gentiles, Jews, the Church

7.  in heaven, on the earth, under the earth

I honestly don't even know where to start in trying to share the correlations (and exclusions!) that come to light when we begin to see the Biblical interactions between these sets of three.  Each of those  "threes" requires a good bit of study time and focus to really begin understanding but it's hard to miss the intersections once you  begin to do the work to lay the foundation. 

Biblical mathematics (numbers) in our Bible are so important to our studies, and are often not noticed or overlooked. Even punctuation can be vital, IE. A comma representing about 2,000 years so far. Jesus reading and quoting Isaiah 61:2 in Luke 4:19 ends with a period. Jesus leaves off; "and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Another tidbit I find fascinating; Hebrew names have meaning and most often give us an accurate brief glimpse of something. If you take the literal meaning of the Hebrew names of the first TEN generations from Adam to Noah; string the meanings together in order in an English sentence, you'll be surprised at the prophetic meaning. 

"No, JESUS is not only a Spirit, absolutely. GOD sent JESUS in flesh and bones, and He came in flesh and bones and was crucified, and resurrected with the same body He was buried, appeared unto His disciples in flesh and bones after His resurrection, He ate fish and honey before His disciples, and later yet with the same resurrected body He ascended to the third Heaven in flesh and bone and His disciples did see Him in flesh and bone ascending to Heaven."

Jesus Christ was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spitit, as the flesh profits nothng Jesus taught us, HIs words being Spirit and life. Received up to glory, and the Son of man was always in Heaven..

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Then Christ is in us, and flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God,  the second man is a quickening Spirit, and Christ gathers in Himself all that is on earth and Heaven...

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Ephesians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Angels spirits and we become equal to them spirits..

Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Quickened by HIs Spirit that dwells in us, God dwelling in us, joined to the Lord one Spirit, there is one body and one Spirit, God sent forth the Spirit of HIs Son into our hearts(Spirit Son) God is a Spirit, the Spirit throne of God and the Lamb, the Word Christ is also the sword of the Spirit....

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

John 4:24 God is a Spiritand they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Salvation through the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,  no confidence in the flesh worshipping in Spirit, rejoicing in Christ Jesus, the Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit, and the Spirit(Christ) and the bride((new Jerusalem) say come, and let him who hears say come..

Philippians 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

2 Timothy 4:22 The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

Been so long since studied it.. so this is from memory.

Stephen saw Jesus at the right hand of the Father reigning in heaven. Jesus said, "the kingdom of heaven is in you". Kingdom of heaven is where Christ reigns on high and in us. 

Kingdom of God is when Christ takes his throne on earth in Jerusalam and the kingdom of heaven reigns over all the kingdom's of this world.  

When John the Baptist said the kingdom of God has come they thought the time for the messiah had come and take his seat as King in Jerusalum and destroy all their enemies... they didnt realize their was a grace period for the kingdom of heaven to spread through their enemies and make them also Abrahams seed before the kingdom of God comes.

So the different names help us with God's time line or divides the steps to his finished purpose. When Jesus has brought all nations into submission to Christ and hands it back to God then the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God will both be the same kingdom.. that is why some scriptures it's used interchangeable becuase at some point in the future they will be.

That is how I understand it anyway.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/31/2019 at 7:57 PM, NickyLouse said:

I did a quick query of the word "kingdom" in the NASB and found 119 occurrences in the Gospels. I am most interested in what Jesus had to say about the kingdom of God or of Heaven. "Kingdom of God" appears 51 times and "Kingdom of Heaven" appears 31 times (all in Matthew and most of all in chapter 13). I would like to know what others may have concluded about it.

I am not very good at understanding subtleties so I have a hard time with parables and metaphors and such.

Kingdom of heaven refers to where the believer will go when they die, kingdom of God refers to the church culture.