• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

If we repent of our sin, what is there to worry about?

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Turning from self to God is the bringer of God into the soul. Where God is, there the heart is at rest. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

There is plenty to worry about, because nowhere in the KJV Bible does it 

say to repent of your sins to  be

Saved. That is a great thing, because nobody can do it , and God aint interested. “ What think you of Christ?” Is what God will want to know when you stand before Him, NOT “ did you repent of all your sins?”

To repent means to change your mind( Greek metanoa) To change your mind about who Jesus was— not just a fable, or a good and wise man, or Somebody who was essential for Salvation But was not all- sufficient for Salvation.....to see that He was God in the flesh who died for your sins and rose from the dead ....That is the change of mind or repentance that God requires.Simply put.....believe the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and  you are saved. It’s “ repentance towards God, with faith in Jesus Christ”...... NOT “ repent of sins” to be saved.There is a frequent repentance of sins in the life of the Believer once he is saved. It’s part of the Sanctification Walk- where God uses His Holy Spirit to form you into the image of His Son......the point of everything.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

repentance is of extreme importance. I repent as soon  as i sin.  for example if i get mad at a friend of mine i repent immediately and ask God to forgive me for my anger. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

There is plenty to worry about, because nowhere in the KJV Bible does it 

say to repent of your sins to  be

Saved. That is a great thing, because nobody can do it , and God aint interested. “ What think you of Christ?” Is what God will want to know when you stand before Him, NOT “ did you repent of all your sins?”

To repent means to change your mind( Greek metanoa) To change your mind about who Jesus was— not just a fable, or a good and wise man, or Somebody who was essential for Salvation But was not all- sufficient for Salvation.....to see that He was God in the flesh who died for your sins and rose from the dead ....That is the change of mind or repentance that God requires.Simply put.....believe the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and  you are saved. It’s “ repentance towards God, with faith in Jesus Christ”...... NOT “ repent of sins” to be saved.There is a frequent repentance of sins in the life of the Believer once he is saved. It’s part of the Sanctification Walk- where God uses His Holy Spirit to form you into the image of His Son......the point of everything.

We have all sinned, and we need to be saved from the consequences of our sin, and only Jesus can do that, but if we stop sinning, then what is there to be saved from? Jesus did command us to repent (Matt 4:17).

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

We have all sinned, and we need to be saved from the consequences of our sin, and only Jesus can do that, but if we stop sinning, then what is there to be saved from? Jesus did command us to repent (Matt 4:17).

Yet the NT is full of warnings about the Christians danger from temptation and from sin.

I am not aware of any passage that says that Christians will be able to live a sin free life. Paul goes so far as to talk about thw 'war' that rages in him between his desire to do good and his doing evil.

If Paul could not live a sin free life we certainly won't either.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

24 minutes ago, Who me said:

Yet the NT is full of warnings about the Christians danger from temptation and from sin.

I am not aware of any passage that says that Christians will be able to live a sin free life. Paul goes so far as to talk about thw 'war' that rages in him between his desire to do good and his doing evil.

Even anger is not acceptable..

Colossians 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Now imagine Paul teaching us to put on the bond of perfectness, it sounds completely mad to think of a war that rages in him where he cannot do the good he would ?

Can we not even read one other verse than one we take as an easy way ? 

Put on the new man, renewed in knowledge of Christ, and pout off the old man with his deeds.

Does the old man struggle to do good ? Yes, that is the reason we needed Christ in us to give us strength by His Holy Spirit.

Does Christ change nothing in the born again, so they sill cannot do the good they would ?

Does that sound more like the many who call Christ their Lord, but do not do the things He says, to love without doing iniquity to your brother ? Does it sound like those, who cannot do the good they would, and instead do the evil ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I look at this as a "package deal" because we are to confess our sins AND accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Peter mentions this in Acts 2:38.

Just my two bits  JJ

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Also the worry part is the things told for the end..

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

2 Peter 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-13 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matthew 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

2 hours ago, Who me said:

Jesus did tell us to repent of our sin (Matt 4:17), and he did say this: 

You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:48 RSV

Edited by johnthebaptist
  • Thumbs Up 1