• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Jesus did tell us to repent of our sin (Matt 4:17), and he did say this: 

You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:48 RSV

Paul got it wrong in one place .He claimed to be the “ chief of sinners.”Tsk , tsk Paul— you spoke too soon.Step aside....there’s a new kid in town.That would be ol’BLood Bought.

It May unnerve some but BB , wretch that he is, is viewed by God as Perfect.Simply because he+believes Jesus was who He claimed to be—The One who paid the price for the sins of myself and also for the sins of the world .He then arose from the dead after three days.THAT is the Gospel.Nothing else is.Believe in it ALONE and you will be viewed as righteous, because of your faith— just like Abraham.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:48 RSV

Jesus was teaching those under the law what they must do to be perfect, ...however no one was or is able to keep the law, ...except the God-Man Jesus Christ, thus fulfilling the Law for us that will receive Him and become His born again children, with the DNA of the Holy Spirit and the Word determining who we are, that's why John told us:

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His Seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9

Our new born again spirit can't sin, because it's given to us, regenerated by God, ...but our old carnal nature can and will always lead is into sin if we let it:

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.  Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. James 1:13-15

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.   If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.   For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.   For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  Rom 7:14-23

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Step aside....there’s a new kid in town.That would be ol’BLood Bought.

You too bro need to step aside, I'm the new kid in town, The chief of sinners!!!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member

if you want to fight over my well- earned title , how fast can you make it to Southern Ohio ? Lol.....

that depends on how long I can walk on water........

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

24 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul got it wrong in one place .He claimed to be the “ chief of sinners.”Tsk , tsk Paul— you spoke too soon.Step aside....there’s a new kid in town.That would be ol’BLood Bought.

It May unnerve some but BB , wretch that he is, is viewed by God as Perfect.Simply because he+believes Jesus was who He claimed to be—The One who paid the price for the sins of myself and also for the sins of the world .He then arose from the dead after three days.THAT is the Gospel.Nothing else is.Believe in it ALONE and you will be viewed as righteous, because of your faith— just like Abraham.

We save ourselves a lot of trouble if we resist the urge to sin.

• This is Worthy 2

20 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Jesus was teaching those under the law what they must do to be perfect, ...however no one was or is able to keep the law, ...except the God-Man Jesus Christ, thus fulfilling the Law for us that will receive Him and become His born again children, with the DNA of the Holy Spirit and the Word determining who we are, that's why John told us:

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His Seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9

Our new born again spirit can't sin, because it's given to us, regenerated by God, ...but our old carnal nature can and will always lead is into sin if we let it:

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.  Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. James 1:13-15

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.   If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.   For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.   For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  Rom 7:14-23

Lord bless

The Lord's statement was very simple.

22 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Lord bless

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord's statement was very simple.

And he was speaking to all of us.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

21 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Psst ,   blood bought ,    u here .     don't forget Grace changed paul .    he wasn't just bragging in sin anymore .   HE was saying what I say ,   God changed one of the worst

when he changed me .  Paul was chief of the sinners because he knew he had caused many in the church to be put to death .  BUT after His encounter with Christ ,

he wasn't still doing that and saying I AM saved just cause I said a prayer .    God changes folks .   

I got a better question for you .  Instead of using the gay question I already asked , how bout this one .

What if a man once persecuted the church ,   then repented said a prayer and truly in his heart meant it ,  but then later returns to persecuting the church

and dies in that .

Same thing as if a gay man returns to the pit

same as if a murder returns to murdering .

Lets change that answer you gave the other day .     I want you  to really think about what you said ,    then change it .

Because if a man returns to the pit and dies in that sin ,  I assure us all , he wont be hearing well done .   He will have an even worse punishment

because he knew the right way but then returned to the pit

Remember the cure to sin IS CHRIST .    And GOD shall supply all grace that you having all SUFFICIENCY can abound unto GOOD WORKS .

For if we walk after the SPIRIT we would not fulfill the lusts of the flesh .

AND also if one does sin ,  correct and restore such a one .     The pattern JESUS sets works ,  the mindset men teach don't .

But be encouraged BB.      Remember I was one of the worst ,  and though I am totally ashamed of those things now ,  I have been freely forgiven from them all .

Better we be obeying HIM now , faithful to the end .    And better we start bringing good sound grave doctrine and encouraging scrips to help build us up .

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

7 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

that depends on how long I can walk on water........

I forgot you lived in Tahiti......please send me an airplane ticket and we’ll hash it out  ( after I spend s few days on the beach , of course)