• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

BB..............................receiving the gift of the HOLY GHOST is not damnation .   

In fact lets all hear the biblical version ofgrace one more time .   For the grace of GOD that brings salvation has appeared to all

TEACHING US to DENY , not accept and be defeated by sin ,  BUT TO DENY ungodliness and wordly lusts

to be living soberly , righteously and godly in this present world as we await the promise of His coming .

Now BB,    let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity .  IN fact , let not these things be even named ONCE among you as becometh saints .

AND the CURE .   FOR IF you will follow the SPIRIT you WILL NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh .

BB,    preach the cure man .   Preach the cure to sin .  

Friend..... thanks for catching this ..... My “ damnation” response was meant to go with John the Baptist post—— if we repent, what do we have to worry about......I went back and edited it.....

• Praise God! 1

12 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

BB..............................receiving the gift of the HOLY GHOST is not damnation .   

In fact lets all hear the biblical version ofgrace one more time .   For the grace of GOD that brings salvation has appeared to all

TEACHING US to DENY , not accept and be defeated by sin ,  BUT TO DENY ungodliness and wordly lusts

to be living soberly , righteously and godly in this present world as we await the promise of His coming .

Now BB,    let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity .  IN fact , let not these things be even named ONCE among you as becometh saints .

AND the CURE .   FOR IF you will follow the SPIRIT you WILL NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh .

BB,    preach the cure man .   Preach the cure to sin .  

Cure for sin? Lord Jesus, have mercy on me , a sinner ! Yes, me thinks that will get the job done quite adequately !   There is an even shorter way— say “ Jesus, save me” 

Repentance is not giving up sin.....repentance is the “ change of mind” or as  poor, lost Oprah would say, “ the lightbulb moment” that pulls you out of the Fool’s Paradise that says “ I am good enough”  I do not need to turn to God as a Lost Sinner who must have a Saviour...... It’s that “ repentance towards God , with faith in Jesus Christ” thingy that saves.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Cure for sin? Lord Jesus, have mercy on me , a sinner ! Yes, me thinks that will get the job done quite adequately !   There is an even shorter way— say “ Jesus, save me” 

Repentance is not giving up sin.....repentance is the “ change of mind” or as  poor, lost Oprah would say, “ the lightbulb moment” that pulls you out of the Fool’s Paradise that says “ I am good enough”  I do not need to turn to God as a Lost Sinner who must have a Saviour...... It’s that “ repentance towards God , with faith in Jesus Christ” thingy that saves.

Sweet mother of all that is HOLY .   OPRAH is of the devil .    WHY on earth quoate her .     OH wait never mind , YOU called her LOST   .  AMEN ON that one .

SHE IS .    Aint no one GOOD ENOUGH .   Wait let me correct that .   man is good enough for this one thing ,  FOR HELL FIRE, for it  alone iswhat all have earned .

NOW cling TO CHRIST who by HIM alone we have eternal life .   ONLY let us preach the cure to our evil sin nature and the POWER to overcome .

Let no man have a false hope ,  let men only have true hope .  AND that is this , THAT JESUS came to set the sinners free from the power sin held over us .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Friend..... thanks for catching this ..... My “ damnation” response was meant to go with John the Baptist post—— if we repent, what do we have to worry about......I went back and edited it.....

IF we repent it shows who we follow and who is in us .  For only the goodness of GOD can lead us to repentance .   Thus if a man repents not of his evil nature

THEIR is no CHRIST in them period .      Repentance shows whose we are and who is working in us that which is well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/31/2019 at 2:24 PM, johnthebaptist said:

If we repent of our sin, what is there to worry about?

I would rather say, if we believe in the genuine Lord Jesus Christ... what is there to worry about?

Repentance is a situational thing. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is an eternal covenant.

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 5:13 (AV)
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

I would rather say, if we believe in the genuine Lord Jesus Christ... what is there to worry about?

Repentance is a situational thing. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is an eternal covenant.

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 5:13 (AV)
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

If we do evil things, it's sort of hard not to be looking over our shoulders, expecting trouble, isn't it? If we repent of our sin, the thought of looking over our shoulders doesn't even occur to us.

4 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

If we do evil things, it's sort of hard not to be looking over our shoulders, expecting trouble, isn't it? If we repent of our sin, the thought of looking over our shoulders doesn't even occur to us.

Matthew 15:18 (AV)
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Isaiah 64:6 (AV)
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Romans 5:10 (AV)
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Since John 3:16-18 & Ephesians 2:8-10 clearly state that salvation is only through faith in Jesus Christ:

The key to light and darkness is:

Light = believing

Darkness = unbelieving

1 John 1:5–2:17 (AV)
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world*.
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments .  [John 6:28-29]
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother†††is in darkness even until now.
10 He that loveth his brother†††  abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.  [John 6:28-29]

* This and 1 Timothy 4:10 prove the potential salvation of all mankind but the actual salvation depends upon the activation of that salvation by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ

††† Hebrews 2:10–12 (AV)
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

The only brother we have who our love for him will have any bearing on our occasion of stumbling (and complete lack thereof) would be him whose Grace can cleanse us from all sin. That's Jesus.

5 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

David repented, yet the consequences of his Adultery and murder followed him the rest of his life, in fact,he wrecked his life— still saved though, because of his faith.If one is a Child Of God,repentance will occur naturally after sin and so will chastisement .Like a good father, God will chastise His children out of love .If you sin and “ get away with it” you more than likely are “ none of His”

I guess the thing to learn is God is more concerned about how we perform than how we act.

We all have a calling a ministry for which we are equipped. All of which play a unique part in the overall work of God to save the lost in every generation.

If your ministry is washing windows (to free up another believer to watch kids to free up another believer to evangelize or to preach) etc. Then these are

priestly ministries of Christ participating in the believer's commission (Matthew 28:19).

The great commission was actually "This is my Beloved Son..."

Edited by JohnD

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

David repented, yet the consequences of his Adultery and murder followed him the rest of his life, in fact,he wrecked his life— still saved though, because of his faith.If one is a Child Of God,repentance will occur naturally after sin and so will chastisement .Like a good father, God will chastise His children out of love .If you sin and “ get away with it” you more than likely are “ none of His”

Understand, I am in now way advocating licentiousness. God forbid!

Our sins have no bearing on our eternal disposition once we are forgiven in Christ.

But the world is filled with consequences for our sins and for sins committed by other people that we pay for.

Oh yeah, you will pay and pay and pay in this life for the sins of all (but we are also spared much by the Grace of God even in this life).

None of us have truly had the judgment we DESERVE. Not really.

And we have blessings we do NOT deserve.

Commit adultery and lose your spouse your family etc.

Cut off your nose, it ain't growin' back.

What I have shared is about our walk with Christ pointing out that rather than being obsessed with trying to keep the Law we should rather focus and specialize on the few commands of the New Testament (believe in Jesus Christ and participate in the evangelization of the lost as a personal ministry to God).

• Thumbs Up 1