Do I have to go to church?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Is it a sin if I don’t attend church? I have the ability to go to a church (it’s not very far) but I choose not too. It’s just not for me, I’d rather pray, read, and praise God on my own. If it’s a sin then I’ll happily go. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

28 minutes ago, Ryan2203 said:

Is it a sin if I don’t attend church? I have the ability to go to a church (it’s not very far) but I choose not too. It’s just not for me, I’d rather pray, read, and praise God on my own. If it’s a sin then I’ll happily go. 

It is not a sin to not attend Church. It is a choice. But you must maintain a daily relationship with God through reading your Bible and prayer. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I learn more here than I ever did in Church .I find more true fellowship here than I ever did in my Church.I experienced a lot of drowsiness in church.The minute church was dismissed was the happiest minute of The week, seeing how that minute was the farthest point from next week’s service.That was 50 years ago. I listen to what my friends have to say and I don’t believe anything has changed.Church can be such a boring ordeal, many people go thinking they are really pleasing God By thinking “ look at me, God- see what I endure for you?” I view churches on- line that I would give anything to attend - usually hundreds of miles away.J. Vernon McGee said if the Congregation is falling asleep —- the “ preacher” better wake up!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

If you can find a loving, Bible teaching church with sound doctrine, it's a wonderful thing.   Currently I am not attending as my two former long time, churches went way, way liberal, and I am not able to travel far now to another church.   But when I went I really loved hearing the good sermons and feeling renewed each Sunday as God's word went deep into my mind and spirit.

I do think you should visit a few different fellowships to see if you feel led to one.   You could always post the website and ask here if the church has good teachings.   Since you seem to have many questions regarding the basics, a good church would be of help to you.   And you might be very surprised at how much you will enjoy it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

11 hours ago, Ryan2203 said:

I think you'd be happier if you went.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

13 hours ago, Ryan2203 said:

Is it a sin to ask lots of questions in a forum yet never bother to answer any post replying to yours?

Why don't you want to meet other Christians?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I believe it is not a sin. As long you believe in God, maintaining a healthy relationship with him, pursuing or living with the teaching of the bible, sharing the word of God to others, doing good deeds and always praying then its all good. Hope this will helps. Godbless.