• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,528
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/31/2019 at 9:26 PM, missmuffet said:

It is not a sin to not attend Church. It is a choice. But you must maintain a daily relationship with God through reading your Bible and prayer. 

It is not okay to find oneself too good for church participation. It is a terrible choice, a very selfish one, it is disobedience at best, it hurts the local body of Christ Jesus and yes it is born of many kinds of sin  against God at worst.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

On 5/31/2019 at 8:56 PM, Ryan2203 said:

Is it a sin if I don’t attend church? I have the ability to go to a church (it’s not very far) but I choose not too. It’s just not for me, I’d rather pray, read, and praise God on my own. If it’s a sin then I’ll happily go. 

Yes it is sinful behavior to disparage church and refuse to participate with the local body of Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

It is not okay to find oneself too good for church participation. It is a terrible choice, a very selfish one, it is disobedience at best, it hurts the local body of Christ Jesus and yes it is born of many kinds of sin  against God at worst.

Where did I say that I was too good for church participation? Like I said it is a choice to attend a Church. It is not a salvation issue. Please do not judge me. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I don't know about this guy .  But being too good was not what caused me to leave many churches .    The doctrine ,  STUNK real bad .   

IF we can find a good church , that is great ,  but I tell us all ,   due to what I am seeing going on ,  rest assured I think in short time about the only decent churches

will be small house churches and meeting in a cave .    cause when men like me are seen more and more as haters of all , as haters of humanity as haters of GOD

because I stick with BIBLE TRUTH .   WE GOT MAJOR PROBLEMS .   

OH there is a sifting going on my friend,     and the true lambs will not be sitting under false men , PEROID .

When I was in pampers and just barley had been in the bible ,  not even more than a month and began seeking for fellowship .

You want to know what breaks my heart and broke it for them .   Even as a babe I had far more biblical knowledge than those men of renown who lead most churches DO .

THAT IS sad ,  ITS a utter tragedy .  NO babe should have more knowledge as a tiny babe , THAN A LEADER DOES .  THE LEADERS should be guiding the babes

NOT rejecting the bible and the doctrine even a babe was trying to help them see .    Its the blind leading the blind in many churches .

LOOK at the times and the days we are in .   Honestly neighbor ,  just look .     

And now ponder on this .    DO you know what a leaders job , a pastors or deacons or bishops duty is .  TO GUARD THE FLOCK .  IF any were true seasoned

MEN they would be sounding the alarm of what days these are , and protecting their flocks from the wolves .

BUT NOT most these leaders I see ,  Not only are they not sounding any alarms , HECK they letting the WOLVES IN to DECIEVE their own flocks and all for the sake of UNITY .

What a nightmare man .   I don't , wont and shant , SIT UNDER THEM FALSE men of belial .  LET It be heard and let it be known ,  BUT I WILL WARN AGAINST THEM ALL

and that FOR the sake of the lambs .    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Yes it is sinful behavior to disparage church and refuse to participate with the local body of Christ Jesus.

Not when the leaders are false .     What , should I go sit in JOEL OSTEINS CHURCH ,   .   RIGHT .

The only way I would go in that church , IS if I was led and that to rebuke that man for deceiving thousands upon thousands .

WE don't just sit and gather under any ol joe cause they smile big and say the word love a lot , but then turn around and teach doctrines of a dragon for the sake of Unity .

What a back wards UNITY  .  

Their motto ,  LET us find COMMON GROUND .     YEAH ,    well OUR UNITY is not based on worldy common ground ,

OUR UNITY can only BE IN CHRIST    .   And rest assured , if truth is being put on the back burner for the sake of unity ,  ITS A DEATH UNITY ONLY .

Most of the churches in one form or another are already under this wrong kind of unity .

If your leaders used anything from rick warren ,   THEY LEARNED DEAD WRONG .    And you now that begs another question to be asked .

IF a babe could see the dangers of rick warren ,  HOW COME SEASONED LEADERS COULD NOT .       ITS A BAD SIGN ALL AROUND MAN .

JESUS was SO RIGHT when HE said ,specially concering the last days , BE NOT DECIEVED .  BE NOT DECIEVED . 

There are a number so high that are flat out world wise false men leading churches .   

NO man should be a leader till he has matured .   And if one has matured , THEIR is no way they would have any kind of unity with ROME or any who teach us we should .

Let alone most the other false ones .    A leaders job is to protect and guard .   NOT invite the wolves in to SEDUCE the churches with their speechs and popular books .

WE better all start over .   You are loved neighbor .   You are . Don't take It personal .   Lets just double down on the things that be of GOD and reading the bible

and prayer , and exhortations .   But be on guard ,  you truly would be amazed at how many leaders in churches are truly false .

And I aint speaking of ones who might have erred  and repented .  I am speaking of full grown wolves dressed in sheeps clothing .  WE must be on diligent and vililgent

and Follow the LAMB and exhort daily .   

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Where did I say that I was too good for church participation? Like I said it is a choice to attend a Church. It is not a salvation issue. Please do not judge me. 

It is not a judgement of you, it is a statement within reasons some decide they  will not participate with the body of Christ.

Lots of behaviors are not a salvation issue, but may indeed be seriously disobedient and unprofitable behavior. To say it does not matter and is a choice is a serious error.

4 hours ago, maryjayne said:

where does the OP say he is too good for the local church, or disparage it. Some 'churches' are anything but Christian. Some church goers are actively harmful to Christian life. Getting a building and slapping the word Church on it does not make it so, and buying a cross, attending church,  or having fish sticker on ones car does not make someone a Christian either.

It is not sin to not go to Church. We are church, not a building. This is one of the commonest misunderstanding of a scripture going.

Once again it is not about the person, it is one of many reasons such decisions are made by individuals to not participate in the local body of Christ. Not doing so and stating it doesn't matter as it is a choice is wrongheaded thinking  and a very serious error. No one attends a building! No one refusing to participate with a local body states I will not go to that building. What they do say is I do not like the pastors the elders the deacons the deaconesses the committees I will not submit to authority within the church I want to lead not follow and so on.

Those that cannot attend have alternative ways of participating in a local body. When the church is described it is described without mention of those that refuse for one reason or another to participate, instead there is much instruction on how to participate, how to submit to authority, how to help widows and orphans, how to contribute both with gifts given by the Holy Spirit and by financial sacrifice.

Paul addressed the churches, he did not address a  building nor did he address those that stay away that were  not willing to participate telling them that is their option to choose. Participating is not an option, it is a duty and a privilege.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

You are making some mighty big assumptions, based on very little, about obedience, churches and motives.

I  know firsthand the unfortunate, debilitating to the spirit, harmful result of a born again Christian thinking they are a body or one.

All one really need do is read the Bible to see the saint in Christ is not to be  a lone ranger. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/31/2019 at 8:56 PM, Ryan2203 said:

Is it a sin if I don’t attend church? I have the ability to go to a church (it’s not very far) but I choose not too. It’s just not for me, I’d rather pray, read, and praise God on my own. If it’s a sin then I’ll happily go. 

Look for the instructions to the saints found in the Bible. Are they not addressed to the local body of Christ? Do they not tell of the differences in responsibility between it's various members each having a needed place in the local body for the body to function well?

Ask yourself am I progressing, learning, serving, and  helping, by myself all alone from  a local body of Christ Jesus? Ask  Is there a sense of sanctification  occurring within me?

Is your prayer life becoming more and more important to you? Is your personal relationship with our Lord seeming to be closer and closer? Do you feel hear and heed the direction of the Holy Spirit? Is there practical application of what you  are learning? 

The body is stronger for having all of it's parts, you are part and if you are not participating the whole body is less than it could and should be.

Get involved do not sit back by yourself, there is spiritual warfare going on that affects you directly. Act as a soldier acts, learn to stand your post as assigned by  your creator. Then stand it as a soldier stands their post under their commander's order.