• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/31/2019 at 8:08 PM, Ryan2203 said:

If you divorce or get married twice is that a sin?

According to Scripture,  most of the time yes.    Everything not of faith is sin.  (a lot that people never realize is sinful).

Divorce and re-marriage is promoted and accepted readily by the devil and the demons and the false churches and false teachers,   so that also plays into this.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I’m remarried. My divorce from my first husband was my fault. God seemed to have left me for a long time. I paid a heavy price, in that if you sow to the wind you reap the whirlwind. I nearly lost my mind. However; He never leaves us or forsakes us. His Grace is bigger than my sin. He loves us first and I love Him. I wanted a better life on my terms. Well, don’t let feelings or emotions blind you from Gods perfect word. If you do, it doesn’t mean you are not saved, but the goodness and blessings of God will be taken from you for who knows how long. BE CAREFUL. Obey God. It’s our only hope for peace here. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/1/2019 at 11:08 AM, Ryan2203 said:

yes it is, Jesus was very clear that that is adultery, if u are divorced remain as u are and devote yourself to the Lord and your children if u have any

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  3

One camp: the liberal believes that the first time the couple comes together, that’s when they committed an act of adultery by remarrying.  This view is supported by the Westminster confession of faith (the Majority view). The other camp: the conservative believes that there is a permanent state of adultery by remarrying.

in my opinion , the liberal view is the more accurate.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Somewhere, the self righteous lost the plot. They will harp on about divorce and remarriage and sin ad nauseum.

Look at the list: fornication, false measure, sodomy, gossip, thievery, hate and unkindness, adultery etc etc etc.

Seems the 'church' loves one sin over another. It is no wonder the unbelievers give us a wide berth. We are so SMUG in our disdain for others and their situations. Whatever happened to compassion?

After the woman was brought to Yeshua, He wrote TWICE on the hewn stones in the area He 'just happened to be'. The elders got the message right quick and moved on: He stooped and wrote once and then twice, just like on the mountain on tablets He had cut, and then Moses broke the tablets. Next, Moses cut more tablets and He wrote on them again. The finger of God is very telling... take great care!

Go figure!!

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,528
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Seems to me it is as much a sin to think "I want a divorce" as it is to get a divorce. And, that no one can get by with a technicality. All are sinners, all have fallen short of the Glory that is God. None are perfect.  All have need of the sacrificially shed covering of the blood of Jesus to be seen as perfect  washed white as snow, and to be  be found to be acceptable in the sight of God.

By Jesus alone am I  saved and not by any work nor behavior of my own.  Nor am I so condemned by any sin's that I  have  committed  in deed nor have thought in heart and mind that Jesus has not already suffered over and paid for in full.

For from before the beginning God has  foreknown of me personally, and He has given me to His son Jesus who does not lose a one of the sheep given Him by His Father to be of the flock of the Good Shepherd. He has predestined it to be so.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

On 6/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, nobleseed said:

yes it is, Jesus was very clear that that is adultery, if u are divorced remain as u are and devote yourself to the Lord and your children if u have any

Very well said.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

well the Lord brought me to Him thru my second wife and daughter in law  thank u Jesus 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Oh Happy days  I was blind and now i see   deaf and now i hear His love His grace His mercy and His truth Praise  be to our Lord and Savoir 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/31/2019 at 8:08 PM, Ryan2203 said:

Even under the Old Covenant (Old Testament) people remarried.

The point of the Law of Moses is that God's perfect standards are too high for sinful man to achieve unless he receives Christ's imputed righteousness through faith in Christ.

If we went about leery of every sin, even if we pulled the blankets up over our head and never left the room we'd be in bed with a sinner by nature (i.e. our self).

People reading this post have probably sinned in the time it took to read this post. I'm sure I had a dirty thought, or neglected to do something I should have done or something.

For argument's sake, say getting married twice is a sin [period].

1 John 1:9

Confess it to the Lord and honor your marriage vows you took before him.

Then move on.

God has bigger plans for us (a greater calling) than for us to go around freaked out about sin. That was Old Covenant. New Covenant is GET PEOPLE SAVED! Get involved in whatever your calling / ministry / spiritual gifts equip you with taking part in making disciples of all nations witnessing to every creature in every generation Christ crucified for our sins and raised on the third day.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1