Is marring twice a sin?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Its also a sin to be married and look at somebody with lust, so what’s the point? It will send you to Hell just as much as a divorce .....unless you under the Blood.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/31/2019 at 8:08 PM, Ryan2203 said:

If you divorce or get married twice is that a sin?

Almost always yes,.     maybe always for some people.....  (remember most people always sin, daily)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1966

There was a young woman of 24 on another forum who had just gotten divorced and was seeking help dealing with it. She was told by some, “sorry, you can never get married again or that will put you in a state of perpetual adultery which can’t be forgiven. Divorce can be forgiven since it happened once. Remarriages can’t be because they are still on going.” 

So, that’s it. At 24 she was told that she must forego love and marriage for the remainder of her days.

Someone brought up, “What about remarried couples who went on the have children and then became born again, Bible believing Christians?”

One response was, “They need to get a divorce (even though it’s a sin) to get out of the bigger sin of adultery by being married a second time.“

That reasoning is biblical legal lunacy.

We had an excellent series of sermons at our church on marriage and just how important it is to God. Included in the sermons were the topics of adultery (cheating emotionally as well as physically), honoring the spouse, divorce and remarriage.

The long and the short of it was:

Marriage is sacred. It is not to be taken lightly or casually because He designed it. Divorce is miserable for everyone involved which is another reason God wants us to remain married. There are perfectly acceptable reasons to get divorced but that may not make the experience any less painful. Divorce is a sin .... but God forgives sin through the blood of Jesus Christ.

He pointed out the absolute legalistic fallacy that if someone is married a second time they are in a perpetual state of unforgivable adultery. He added the caveat that one should not expect to be blessed if you ditch your wife just so you can be with someone else. God knows your heart. God knows repentance which getting into agreement with him.

God forgives sin through the blood of Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I don't believe so. Paul in  1 Corinthians covers this topic well. There are conditions for marryin' again but it is only sinful to do so out of the guidelines. 

Just my two bits,  JJ

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

What is your opinion on male 1 who was married but wife 1 divorced him, and years later male 1 met and married wife 2. Wife 2 was abusive for a year, would not get help, and children afraid. She was arrested and kicked out. Male 1 spent two years to divorce her for the safety of the kids and his own sanity. Not seen her in years nor know of her whereabouts. Now male 1 meets girl 3.

Where does sin tell male 1 not to marry or to marry? He did not divorce wife 1 but did with wife two due to a situation that seemed like it would be continued pain. Sure, you can spend time helping someone, but kids can not keep baring that crap.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/1/2019 at 2:08 AM, Ryan2203 said:

If you divorce or get married twice is that a sin?

Look at what the bible says about divorce in the new testament.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 7/10/2019 at 1:02 PM, simplejeff said:

Almost always yes,.     maybe always for some people.....  (remember most people always sin, daily)

No. I'm sorry, but that's not true. It's permissible. 

5 minutes ago, Prycejosh1987 said:

Look at what the bible says about divorce in the new testament.

Indeed I have. My former spouse was unfaithful, therefore I can biblically put her away and remarry. And furthermore, now that she's passed away, that gives me EVERY godly right to remarry. End of story. Hopeful happy ending. I'm up for grabs! 

• Thumbs Up 1