Trust and obedience in God

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  185
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

As Christians believers we are taught to honor and respect Gods word and trust in him. Learning to trust in God is essential for those who want to seek eternity into his kingdom. Often times our faith in God is put to the test, but our motives are tested based on the validity of our faith. Only the righteous when tested by faith are able to endure temptation that outweigh the sinful nature of the ungodly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Salvation is a gift, and the gift of faith is essential to our salvation.  We need only faith as a mustard seed in a great limitless God.  Our faith is tested, and the more we exercise it the stronger it becomes.  It is tried by God to see if we will run away from Him or dig into His word for strength and cling to Him.  Many times I have read His word back to Him or prayed it saying "Lord, you said--".  My God cannot lie.  The more times I have prayed for Him to reveal the location of lost items and had Him help me recall a clue to their whereabouts, the stronger my faith has been in the inevitable tragedies in life.  

Slowly God has changed my values so that I'm not as easily tempted unless it involves chocolate.  :whistling:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  769
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.08
  • Days Won:  1

Just be meek.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 02 June 2019 at 1:50 AM, kdavis150 said:

As Christians believers we are taught to honor and respect Gods word and trust in him. Learning to trust in God is essential for those who want to seek eternity into his kingdom. Often times our faith in God is put to the test, but our motives are tested based on the validity of our faith. Only the righteous when tested by faith are able to endure temptation that outweigh the sinful nature of the ungodly.

We are saved through our trust/faith/belief in Jesus's atonement. We don't have to seek eternity.

'Our motives are tested'! really, God knows why we do anything so he does not need to test them.

'Validity of our faith!' where does it say that we have to have a certain level or quality of faith?

Yes we have to bring Glory to God through how we live.

Yes we have to learn to trust God when life is tough.

Yes our lives should be rightous and we should resist temptation.

BUT

If we are honest we fail nearly every time and we are constantly dependant on Jesus's Mercy and Grace for forgiveness, cleansing and the ability to try again.

None of this is due to 'our faith' or 'our trust' or 'our resisting temptation' it is ALL due to Jesus.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

5 hours ago, Who me said:

We are saved through our trust/faith/belief in Jesus's atonement. We don't have to seek eternity.

'Our motives are tested'! really, God knows why we do anything so he does not need to test them.

'Validity of our faith!' where does it say that we have to have a certain level or quality of faith?

Yes we have to bring Glory to God through how we live.

Yes we have to learn to trust God when life is tough.

Yes our lives should be rightous and we should resist temptation.

BUT

If we are honest we fail nearly every time and we are constantly dependant on Jesus's Mercy and Grace for forgiveness, cleansing and the ability to try again.

None of this is due to 'our faith' or 'our trust' or 'our resisting temptation' it is ALL due to Jesus.

THis is eternal life, to know Jesus Christ, this is the record GOd gave to us of eternal life, and this life is HIs Son Jesus Christ and in Him,  and gave us an undersatanding to know Him and be in Him thaty is true, Jesus Christ and this is the true God and eternal life, which hope we have, Christ in us the hope of glory..

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches ofthe glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

God tests our motives, not to see what we do, but to make it come to pass what GOd wants to show in faithfulness He has placed into us..

Genesis 22:And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Where does it say we do not have to have real heavnely faith, instead of the world full of fake faith that does nothing but evil their their god of this world?

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; proveyour own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Galatians 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithfulAbraham.

Glory to GOd is by love, not by anything else, it has a standard of laying your life down..

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

life is tough all of the time, did you see any time in the life of Christ life was not ?

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Luke 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;

Should be righteous even as He is righteous..

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Christ suffered being tempted, not to make light of it, but to know He did have to do so, so He can succour u when tempted..

Hebrews 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Be honest then, Jesus failed not, we have to overcome, EVEN as He overcame, your idea is not alike at all

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

2 Peter 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

true I agree with everything said here,  we have our salvation when we accept Jesus in our hearts & obey his Word & commands

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:30 PM, Willa said:

Salvation is a gift, and the gift of faith is essential to our salvation.  We need only faith as a mustard seed in a great limitless God.  Our faith is tested, and the more we exercise it the stronger it becomes.  It is tried by God to see if we will run away from Him or dig into His word for strength and cling to Him.  Many times I have read His word back to Him or prayed it saying "Lord, you said--".  My God cannot lie.  The more times I have prayed for Him to reveal the location of lost items and had Him help me recall a clue to their whereabouts, the stronger my faith has been in the inevitable tragedies in life.  

Slowly God has changed my values so that I'm not as easily tempted unless it involves chocolate.  :whistling:

Easy on the chocolate my dear sister ,  that stuff can give you what I call rock gut .   well it does me anyway .   A stomach so sour it would make a lemon envious .

You are loved dear willa . 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 6/1/2019 at 5:50 PM, kdavis150 said:

God is worthy of our trust. We should not trust just anyone. Should Christians trust themselves and have control of their own lives? Should we trust God and give our lives totally to Him? To know God is to trust Him. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

God is worthy of our trust. We should not trust just anyone. Should Christians trust themselves and have control of their own lives? Should we trust God and give our lives totally to Him? To know God is to trust Him. 

Yet nobody did trust the Lord in the whole first testament, they trusted anyone that would grant them peace happiness and success and gain and progress. God did not let every single thing happen for bad reasons or being out of control, every single thing was for example, that the whole world, even every single person that ever lived, man cannot and does not have interest in trusting in God.

Whoever the Lord calls, they can trust in Him, because He calls them by name, and they know His voice

John 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

It is the wide path gospel teaching to accept Jesus into their lives, and to mention our trust like we have any good judgement in us, is not only with the testimonies given by the Lord, but as against them as can be, but the ones God gives to trust in Him, do, because they know not the voice of strangers..

John 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, gordon7777 said:

Yet nobody did trust the Lord in the whole first testament

Better read the whole first testament again and see all those who God said did trust Him.

• Praise God! 1