• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Thewhitedove,

The verse below is helpful because God tells us to use whatever gifts we were born with to benefit others. You may be holding yourself back because you are thinking too much about what other's are thinking and how you are coming across. I believe our courage and faith grows as we grow in our trust in God and pleasing Him rather than people around us. Just the fact that you recognize areas where you may not be strong is a great start.  Now emphasize and shine in the parts of your personality that make up YOU!

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms" (1 Peter 4:10)

Everyone has unique abilities, talents and gifts that makes us who we are. Use whatever gifts you have for others, as He has used the gifts from other people to benefit you. We are all a part of the body of Christ and bring something important to that body.  Hoped this helped in some way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

The “ good soil” receives the seed of the Gospel and is eager to spread God’s Word.... that is YOU! Don’t let anybody scare you with the thoughts that you will revert back to some other soil type.You have been receptive to God’s Word and His Spirit is in you....it will NEVER leave you .....God will “ finish the Work He started”

If you want to be controversial,do like a preacher did.....he had Leviticus 19:28( the verse that under law,forbid getting tattoos) tattooed on his arm as a conversation starter......he claims it is very effective......lol.....I am NOT seriously advising this......God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The first thing God will do is increase you love for the lost, and teach you the heights and depths of His love for them.  When you love them as He does that love will overcome your reserve, and talking to them about Jesus will flow naturally.  You won't have to try.  Learn to allow Christ Who lives in you to minister to the needs you see, even if it is to minister to your own family, helping with mom's housework or anything you can do to be of service.  We become servants when we surrender to God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 hours ago, Willa said:

The first thing God will do is increase you love for the lost, and teach you the heights and depths of His love for them.  When you love them as He does that love will overcome your reserve, and talking to them about Jesus will flow naturally.

That reminds me of the time when a fellow high school class mate of mine who happened to be a Jehovah's Witness, asked me about my personal beliefs in Jesus during a lunch break together in the park one day. I was able to share with him for almost half an hour, without the typical retorts of rhetoric that JW's do, and he just seemed to drink it all in with a great thirst quenching. Years later, I saw this same young man's pic in the local paper with his newly wedded bride. The service was held in a Christian church, and from my understanding, Jehovah's Witnesses never darken the door to any other than the Kingdom Hall. Apparently, the Lord must have gotten a hold on him. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  459
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you to everyone who replied to this issue. I tried to reply individually to everyone but my phone froze. Beau Jangles, Willa, Blood Bought, and Lovethelord...thank you so much. Everyone else O think I was able to reply to individually. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, Thewhitedove said:

So basically I am not passinate enough because I am holding back. I wish I was on fire for Christ Instead of the gentle devotion I feel for Him. Is this something that grows with maturiry in Christ?

Feed that passion, that is what you have to do and comes from you.