Sign in to follow this  
Thewhitedove

becoming a bold Christian

3 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom sister,

Wow, it's great to hear of the development you have made already. HalleluYah!

I think you are right, you need to be very careful with witnessing approaches when it comes to loved ones and family.  "A prophet is without honour in his home town".  I found the best way is to be a light.  Shine in all you do and say.  Yes, you will make mistakes and yes they will provoke you successfully at times.  Nevertheless, let your light shine forth brightly - which will be peace, joy, love, untouchable trust in troubling times and security and comfort in your future.  Such attributes maybe ignored, tried or even mocked at first by those close to us.  However, eventually they will start to wonder "maybe there is something to this Christianity business".  This is turn will eventually lead to "I want what she has".  This is by no means a quick process!  But to preach at them, extol God's virtues to them and hit them with Scripture can have adverse effect.  Yes, they will be convicted by what they hear but then a driver against them is the thought "I don't want to be like this - a Bible-bashing preacher who sounds crazy" and even "who does she think she is?"

It sounds to me like you have assessed this situation well and are reacting wisely. 

Fantastic approach.  This is being a light.  I know the typical view of Christians is that they should shout it out to everyone from the street corner and whenever they can.  However, not everyone's gifting is in that ministry.  Just "do you".  Consider where your gifting may be and in the meantime "do you".

Oye!  I would advise against it!  Don't "do you"! Hehe.   The cross isn't a symbol to get tattooed on the body.  I'm sure Yahweh would prefer you without this additional penned by a man, in my opinion.  I love your passion, but the cross has been tattooed on some many people these days (many non-believers) that I think it will do little for starting a decent conversation.   Perhaps use something else for a conversation starter, like "Oh I can't on that day, as it's a Sabbath".  Or by talking about current affairs, like "I wonder if Trump will approve the building of the Third Temple in Israel".

Great stuff.  If you do not feel lead to get involved with arguments, then don't.  Again, going back to your gifting, maybe yours is for encouragement, uplifting or planting etc.  Some people have the gift for confrontation and apologetics in a debate and will feel lead to get involved in such debates. So don't judge yourself unfairly.  It's not your job to convince everyone of the truth you see.  You are only to be a witness to it.  

I don't know sister, it sounds to me like you are on fire for Christ.  Your post screams of someone in love with the Lord and looking for ways to correctly express it.  I don't think anyone could convince you to leave the Lord either, right?  So how is that not being on fire for Him?  Are you assuming fire means getting many saved, running home groups and caking your house in Scripture?  Not so.

However, you will change.  With your maturity will come many opportunities for you to serve Him.  So these are the years for you to learn more about the Word.  Study it regularly and as much as possible.  Do not shy away from any book in the Bible.  If you are unsure of what certain books are really saying (or have no idea) investigate!  Do so at once!  Leave no stone unturned.  Forget Christians self-help books and TV preachers and immerse yourself in the Word, so that you'll be fully equipped for your service for Yahweh.  As your gift establishes (or as you identify it) then you can move into service - which won't feel as scary as it sounds.  Instead, you'll have a eager anticipation for it.    

So yes, you will change, you will become stronger and you will become wiser and bolder, BUT only if you stay in the Word regularly.  When you finish one book of the Bible, don't assume you've learned it.  The next time you return to it the Spirit will reveal more of its depth to you.  Sometimes our eyes can scan past verses, other times, we can barely read two without needing a day to reflect.

It sounds like you are on the right path sister.

Love & Shalom

What an uplifting response!!Honestly I feel so invigorated and energised. Thank youu!

• Praise God! 1

Hi Thewhitedove,

The verse below is helpful because God tells us to use whatever gifts we were born with to benefit others. You may be holding yourself back because you are thinking too much about what other's are thinking and how you are coming across. I believe our courage and faith grows as we grow in our trust in God and pleasing Him rather than people around us. Just the fact that you recognize areas where you may not be strong is a great start.  Now emphasize and shine in the parts of your personality that make up YOU!

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms" (1 Peter 4:10)

Everyone has unique abilities, talents and gifts that makes us who we are. Use whatever gifts you have for others, as He has used the gifts from other people to benefit you. We are all a part of the body of Christ and bring something important to that body.  Hoped this helped in some way.

• Thumbs Up 1

The “ good soil” receives the seed of the Gospel and is eager to spread God’s Word.... that is YOU! Don’t let anybody scare you with the thoughts that you will revert back to some other soil type.You have been receptive to God’s Word and His Spirit is in you....it will NEVER leave you .....God will “ finish the Work He started”

If you want to be controversial,do like a preacher did.....he had Leviticus 19:28( the verse that under law,forbid getting tattoos) tattooed on his arm as a conversation starter......he claims it is very effective......lol.....I am NOT seriously advising this......God bless

The first thing God will do is increase you love for the lost, and teach you the heights and depths of His love for them.  When you love them as He does that love will overcome your reserve, and talking to them about Jesus will flow naturally.  You won't have to try.  Learn to allow Christ Who lives in you to minister to the needs you see, even if it is to minister to your own family, helping with mom's housework or anything you can do to be of service.  We become servants when we surrender to God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

4 hours ago, Willa said:

The first thing God will do is increase you love for the lost, and teach you the heights and depths of His love for them.  When you love them as He does that love will overcome your reserve, and talking to them about Jesus will flow naturally.

That reminds me of the time when a fellow high school class mate of mine who happened to be a Jehovah's Witness, asked me about my personal beliefs in Jesus during a lunch break together in the park one day. I was able to share with him for almost half an hour, without the typical retorts of rhetoric that JW's do, and he just seemed to drink it all in with a great thirst quenching. Years later, I saw this same young man's pic in the local paper with his newly wedded bride. The service was held in a Christian church, and from my understanding, Jehovah's Witnesses never darken the door to any other than the Kingdom Hall. Apparently, the Lord must have gotten a hold on him. 

• Praise God! 1

Thank you to everyone who replied to this issue. I tried to reply individually to everyone but my phone froze. Beau Jangles, Willa, Blood Bought, and Lovethelord...thank you so much. Everyone else O think I was able to reply to individually. 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this