• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Amyhoff said:

I’m embarrassed to go face to face and admit everything. 

What if you turn it around, ...which would you prefer, ...a letter, ...or your husband coming to you and telling you in person.

GDW has given good advice, if you can't talk to a neutral third party, the you are not ready to tell your husband in what ever manner you might chose, ...also consider this, you know your husband, how will he react to the news, wouldn't it be better to have others praying for your situation, without knowings the exact details, wouldn't it be better to allow God to prepare both of your hearts?

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Do you want to know the truth?

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

Update on my letter. Yes I wrote the letter. However things didn’t go as planned. I’ve chatted with many of you on the side and everyone has been very supportive. Thank you lord for guiding me to this site and most of the people here. Many of you convinced me not to give him the letter and handle it face to face. I went to his brothers house, where he’s been staying, only to find him. It there but the brother was. I didn’t leave the letter with my brother in law. Many know what kind of person he is. 

I am currently trying to figure my life out with the help of Jesus. Thank you all and god bless. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:04 AM, Amyhoff said:

This is a difficult time. I pray the Lord can give me the strength to say everything and be honest about committing adultery. I pray the Lord will guide him to forgive me for what I’ve done. God bless you all. 

Hi Amyhoff,

So glad you are seeking the Lord. Have you actually repented of your behaviour? Do you understand why you went with someone else than your husband. It is important to work these things out as what you did is just a symptom of something deeper inside you.

I know the enemy will try and put you down and make you feel worthless, the reality is we all sin and it depends on things that are not dealt with in our lives. I know it is very humbling to speak to your husband, but the fact that you are sorry and have repented (?) is worthy of your husband giving forgiveness.

May God grant your husband to be forgiving and help you through this time.

praying, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/2/2019 at 11:34 AM, Amyhoff said:

This is a difficult time. I pray the Lord can give me the strength to say everything and be honest about committing adultery. I pray the Lord will guide him to forgive me for what I’ve done. God bless you all. 

Lord bless this child.

I cannot suggest the content of your letter (if it is the best way you believe to break such heart breaking news to your husband).

Be very careful how you write it.

Telling him in person (if you are able) would be best IMHO (but it's your choice)... because you will be more able to respond to his reactions,

and it would be less likely he misunderstands what you are trying to say (unless you are a gifted writer). If face-to-face is more difficult for

you to tell him, perhaps in the difficulty you are having he will see the sincerity of your contrition.

In the ancient east people would bow / even prostrate themselves from shame and / or sorrow.

Adultery is betrayal of the closest person on Earth.

Marriages CAN survive this betrayal.

But many do not.

This is his decision.

Not yours.

I recommend answering all his questions directly but with as little excessive detail as possible.

Unless he asks.

Do NOT make excuses.

And God help you, do not blame him or even hint at it. Even if he has blame that you were put into this dilemma / choice. 

You chose poorly.

The out come is his decision.

If he chooses to remain in the marriage, give him all the time he needs to get over this.

Otherwise it's over before it's over.

Don't be impatient. Marriage is built on trust. This trust must be rebuilt.

Otherwise...

For your personal sake I suggest you read John 8 to affirm what you appear to already know that adultery is not the unpardonable sin.

But also to read 1 John 1:5 - 1 John 2:17 in a single reading (as a passage together)... and may I suggest repeatedly so that its full meaning

is clear to you.

I pray for you, I pray for your husband, in Jesus' name.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Amyhoff said:

Update on my letter. Yes I wrote the letter. However things didn’t go as planned. I’ve chatted with many of you on the side and everyone has been very supportive. Thank you lord for guiding me to this site and most of the people here. Many of you convinced me not to give him the letter and handle it face to face. I went to his brothers house, where he’s been staying, only to find him. It there but the brother was. I didn’t leave the letter with my brother in law. Many know what kind of person he is. 

I am currently trying to figure my life out with the help of Jesus. Thank you all and god bless. 

You are separated?  That makes more sense now.  Praying.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/2/2019 at 10:59 AM, Amyhoff said:

Do you want to know the truth?

I don't know if you are asking me or not, ...but here's how I feel about this subject.

Personally, ...I wouldn't want to know if my wife was unfaithful, the enemy digs up enough dirt from my past to parade through my mind on a daily basis, I certainly don't need to give him anything more, ...besides, I made a covenant with her before God, ...for better or for worse!

Jesus was questioned on this very subject, His answer is, Moses allowed you to divorce your wife because of the hardness of you heart,

However, ...the Holy Spirit writing through Paul tells us, ... Agape Love:

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 1 Cor 13:7  MKJV

Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things, hoping all things. 1 Cor 13:7  BBE

Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up.  1 Cor 13:7  GW

And:

...above all things being fervent in your love among yourselves; for love covereth a multitude of sins:  1 Pet 4:8

My wife is God's child also, I'll trust her life in Father's hands, He knows her heart and will do whatever is necessary for the best in our marriage.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Before we speculate too much concerning this situation other than what has been posted, let's pray for the Lord to do a miracle. We've been confided in an admittance of guilt over a serious mistake that's been made, and I feel there is also repentance that is evident. It would seem by the world's standards to be up against impossible odds. However, our God is able to make all things possible. Matthew 19:26 - Mark 10:27 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

You are separated?  That makes more sense now.  Praying.

He’s. He left a week ago. 

8 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

I don't know if you are asking me or not, ...but here's how I feel about this subject.

Personally, ...I wouldn't want to know if my wife was unfaithful, the enemy digs up enough dirt from my past to parade through my mind on a daily basis, I certainly don't need to give him anything more, ...besides, I made a covenant with her before God, ...for better or for worse!

Jesus was questioned on this very subject, His answer is, Moses allowed you to divorce your wife because of the hardness of you heart,

However, ...the Holy Spirit writing through Paul tells us, ... Agape Love:

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 1 Cor 13:7  MKJV

Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things, hoping all things. 1 Cor 13:7  BBE

Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up.  1 Cor 13:7  GW

And:

...above all things being fervent in your love among yourselves; for love covereth a multitude of sins:  1 Pet 4:8

My wife is God's child also, I'll trust her life in Father's hands, He knows her heart and will do whatever is necessary for the best in our marriage.

Lord bless

True. Maybe I won’t tell him. I’m so confused. Please Lord help me!