IGNORED

Should a Christian attend an Orthodox Church?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Edit:(sorry my question was not clear enough) 

Should I a Christian attend an Orthodox Church? My roommate is orthodox and I go to church with him almost every Sunday. Should I keep doing this? I don’t really have the ability to go to another church since I don’t have a car and I live in an area with not many Christian churches.

Edited by Ryan2203

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/27/1943

What is a "Catholic Orthodox Church"? Perhaps you meant "Catholic or Orthodox"? If one did so they would be worshipping with fellow Christians, so I see no reason why not.

Edited by Takoda

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

26 minutes ago, Ryan2203 said:

Should a Christian amttend a Catholic Orthodox Church? 

I would say no. The Catholic Church is not the best choice. The biggest problem is its belief that faith alone in Christ is not sufficient for salvation. That is just one problem among others. I would say they are a cult. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, Ryan2203 said:

Should a Christian attend a Catholic Orthodox Church

I haven't heard of a Catholic Orthodox Church. I've heard of a Catholic Church and I've heard of a Orthodox Church, and as far as I know, they are both okay.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I would say no. The Catholic Church is not the best choice. The biggest problem is its belief that faith alone in Christ is not sufficient for salvation. That is just one problem among others. I would say they are a cult. 

I would say a whole lot of NO .    Thank you for loving them enough to tell them this dear sister .     Truly I hope it gets heard . 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I haven't heard of a Catholic Orthodox Church. I've heard of a Catholic Church and I've heard of a Orthodox Church, and as far as I know, they are both okay.

:o      you must not know much about the catholic church .    So let me just say , NO WAY , no HOW should we ever even hint , suggest or even say

this is okay .    You are loved John , but my goodness let us point none to that church period .     Let us simply focus on Christ and building folks up with sound bible doctrine . 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Takoda said:

What is a "Catholic Orthodox Church"? Perhaps you meant "Catholic or Orthodox"? If one did so they would be worshipping with fellow Christians, so I see no reason why not.

Takoda.   Do you remember what angered GOD at that church .    He said you ALLOW that woman who calls herself a prophetess to teach and to seduce my people .

I want to give a similar warning for us all .     Never the less I have this against you , YOU ALLOW ROME to teach and to seduce my people ,   and they hold to

that doctrine of kissing korans and budda statues and etc .      REPENT or else I will come and fight against them with the Sword of my mouth .

Its why I warn man .    Ps  it aint just rome either ,  I warn against men like rick warren , and scores of wacked out protestant leaders too .

This lil sheep wont be failing to warn and allowing folks to get seduced by false leaders .      And to make matters even worse ,   Rome has at this time perhaps the most

cunning deceiver that I have ever seen RUN IT .    Aint no way I am going to let any man , woman , child or their pets attend and or sit under that .

NO way .     We cant do that .     Lets just point to CHRIST and build folks up in Sound bible doctrine .     

6 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

:o      you must not know much about the catholic church .    So let me just say , NO WAY , no HOW should we ever even hint , suggest or even say

this is okay .    You are loved John , but my goodness let us point none to that church period .     Let us simply focus on Christ and building folks up with sound bible doctrine . 

I don't think there are any perfect churches.

Just now, johnthebaptist said:

I don't think there are any perfect churches.

Maybe , maybe not .    But we sure do not want to point them to ONE we know is dangerous and teaches many things that it ought not to teach .

Nor should we ever once just give up and sit under any such church for the sake of fellowship .    Their are lambs all over the world who still meet in tiny clusters round the world

as they ought .   And I assure us all , if their men are seasoned ,  they will tell you the same things this wee lil thing says ,  DONT GO ANY WHERE NEAR ROME and sit under that .

If one knows better , as I do , then out of LOVE I must warn and compel all to stay as far away from ROME and her doctrine and don't even have unity

with those mega protestant leaders who are in UNITY and BED with ROME RIGHT NOW .     This is nothing but a massive falling away going on .

Just please , I encourage you to see this very clear . 

9 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Maybe , maybe not .    But we sure do not want to point them to ONE we know is dangerous and teaches many things that it ought not to teach .

Nor should we ever once just give up and sit under any such church for the sake of fellowship .    Their are lambs all over the world who still meet in tiny clusters round the world

as they ought .   And I assure us all , if their men are seasoned ,  they will tell you the same things this wee lil thing says ,  DONT GO ANY WHERE NEAR ROME and sit under that .

If one knows better , as I do , then out of LOVE I must warn and compel all to stay as far away from ROME and her doctrine and don't even have unity

with those mega protestant leaders who are in UNITY and BED with ROME RIGHT NOW .     This is nothing but a massive falling away going on .

Just please , I encourage you to see this very clear . 

I have a lot of respect for the Catholic Church. They hold the line on sexual morality.