IGNORED

Should a Christian attend an Orthodox Church?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Chrisx2600 said:

Yes, and right now I live in a country where a large majority, believe that their sins are made right because of fasting for a month, and slaughtering some cattle.........  They are completely lost.

Its very dangerous to add to what Jesus has done in any regards.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

One of my daughters just became a Catholic. I always had a problem with what they teach, but after the stuff she went through (she's in her second marriage), I now consider it a cult. 

To make matters worse, her current husband is a devout Christian and ex-Catholic. He will not be attending with her. 

And due to her experience, I'm seeing a pattern. Catholicism, like Islam, carefully controls the smallest aspects of your life. For people that need that kind of rigidity and "letter of the law" guidance, it brings them something that they may feel "normal" Christianity is missing. 

My believe is that she will either tire of it and dump it, or she will become a nun. Dead serious. I do believe she is Christian, but I really feel sorry for her husband.

I had a sister in law who was Catholic and I have worked with many who are Catholic. They are always working hard on earning their way to heaven by works or they just did not care about their Catholic belief at all. Or God. There were a few who were bitter and hated their Catholic upbringing and having to attend a Catholic School. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

45 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

LOVED is DIANE of the christains .

Diana of the ephesians was false ,  but our dear sister diane of the LORD is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED . 

Hahaha thank you lol

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I had a sister in law who was Catholic and I have worked with many who are Catholic. They are always working hard on earning their way to heaven by works or they just did not care about their Catholic belief at all. Or God. There were a few who were bitter and hated their Catholic upbringing and having to attend a Catholic School. 

My experiences with catholics and catholicism:

1. My daughter is the "earning her way" person.

2. My wife is ex-catholic and her family mostly still is. They run the gambit from mass every day to not really caring. .

3. When debating Christianity with "anti-Christian" types, many claim to be "ex-Christian", but when they tell me all the stuff they hate about Christianity I say to them, "You sound more like you are ex-CATHOLIC, and your problem is with Catholicism, not Christianity." I was always right (so far) and it usually really ticked them off for some reason.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the dedication for a Catholic is to the Catholic church, primarily.  That includes everything that goes along with that.

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

27 minutes ago, Takoda said:

I was born and raised Catholic but am no longer a member. After several decades of searching, reading and prayer I have come to the conclusion that no church and/or denomination is what Jesus intended. Some seem to come closer than others.

Well you right about this .     SO let me also say this ,    The some that are closer than others ,   IS FOR SURE NOT ROME .   Its one of the most dangerous of all .

Because while it may hold some solid truths , it holds some of the most dangerous and blantant heresays as well .

The most dangerous creature to a church ,  is not a wolf .   No a wolf comes and just rips at the throat and persecutes ,   ITS A WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING that comes to DECIEVE .

Rome is the most dangerous church system alive .    She comes as a judas and she has tried to steal the keys and the inheritance .

And yes , she has many daughters in protestant land too .     I want you to do something .    Look at where this all inclusive ecumincalism   Began .

Look who is behind it and take a peek at many protestant leaders today ,  ALL praising this pope as though he is some kind of savoir

and all linking us right back to ROME .    And ROME not only desires all faiths under her , BUT ALL RELIGOINS TOO .      Takoda,  THEY REALLY ARE making an all inclusive

religion .     And nigh its end it will be one giant pot of all religions , even secular will do its will .     We gotta expose this ,  IF WE LOVE the people , we must do all to expose

this and point ONLY to CHRIST .   For by the time its done its tolerance will become TEETH against the few who resisted its lie .

Rome was birthed desiring power ,    and nothing has changed ,  Now she desires ALL POWER and has made many promises to many leaders of protestants and other religions .

King and kings sitting at tables and making deals on how to deceive their own and have a seat in this end last hour massive one world religion .  I AINT falling for it man .

I had rather die for Christ than to live a king for a lie . 

12 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

My experiences with catholics and catholicism:

1. My daughter is the "earning her way" person.

2. My wife is ex-catholic and her family mostly still is. They run the gambit from mass every day to not really caring. .

3. When debating Christianity with "anti-Christian" types, many claim to be "ex-Christian", but when they tell me all the stuff they hate about Christianity I say to them, "You sound more like you are ex-CATHOLIC, and your problem is with Catholicism, not Christianity." I was always right (so far) and it usually really ticked them off for some reason.

And this evidence is clearly seen .  LOOK at what the pope told the boy about his atheist dad ,  WELL if he did GOOD works .    BAM

Look at what he says about other religions that do good works ,  BAM .

THIS is the most dangerous religion the world has ever seen .   Most deceptive .   

Because it holds truths but it breaths poison and it knows how to appear and appease any denomination .  IT pretends to be as they are , BUT ONLY TO WIN them to HER .

It has not changed ,  its only gotten worse .  But panders as though it has , to fool all into having unity as one with her .   

• Thumbs Up 1

Completely agree.

• This is Worthy 1

The pope flat out contradicted CHRIST . WHO said go ye and preach it to the world , and if a man believes HE is saved , but if he rejects HE is damned .

But this pope says ,  OH he did good works , DIDNT he drop you all off at church .   THE MAN heard the name of JESUS , FLAT OUT CONTINUED as an atheist , THUS DENIED HIM .

And they teach , OH HE is saved by his good works .   Aint what JESUS Told the jews .   

And worse , look how long that church has taught that interfaith ecumunicalism .   NO other religion can save one ,   GOD is not in them .   THEY must repent and come to Christ .

But this is not at all what that pope says . HE teachers otherwise .    Its all a sham and we must POINT only TO CHRIST and expose this . 

• Thumbs Up 1

As I mentioned in my first post, for Catholics its "Jesus and".  It's sad because I see members of my own family here in Indonesia who hold to the Catholic doctrine, despite what I have said to them.  Very dangerous ground.

• Thanks 1