• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello. I am a teenager that has been brought up in a Christian family surrounded by Christian people all of my life. I believed in God but could never say I was saved or had what some would call a personal relationship with him. I went to church, prayed, participated in church activities but never had that connection with Christ. I have struggled with this throughout my life. When I was little I used to attend church with my grandmother rather often. I used to love going to church with her until I was about 11 years old. They are the kind of church that preaches “get saved or burn in hell for all of eternity” type. Well, her church holds the belief that until you are 11 years old if you were to die you would get a free ticket to heaven and not have to be saved. After that, however, if you were to die unsaved you would go to hell. So nearing the time I was 11 in their belief my ‘’free ticket to heaven” was about to run out.

They became pushy on trying to get me to repent and put me on the spot a lot. Although it was never said aloud they and my grandmother believed that the denomination of church we go to is “wrong.” So, when their revival week rolled around my grandmother would always try to guilt us into going even though we really didn’t want to. They would put us on the spot often and make us feel really awkward especially concerning salvation. I know they have good intentions and I love my grandmother and everyone there but their type of church is just not for me. I don’t believe that you can make someone get saved but that they have to find Christ when he is ready for them.

Needless to say, however, the whole being saved thing has always been something really awkward for me and something I have tried to avoid mostly due to those experiences. However, if there is one thing that going to my grandma’s church really imprinted into my mind it was that I was lost and really did need to get saved. It was often something I tried to shove away but I did know if I didn’t get saved it was an eternity in hell for me. This has often bothered me throughout my life and this weight on my heart was brought about again when listening to my preacher’s sermon today. I honestly don’t quite remember what it was about but it evoked in my heart the feeling that I have had many times before that I needed to get saved. I once again tried to push it away but it lingered in my heart throughout the day. Later on in the afternoon when I was back home in my room the feeling that I needed Christ and was lacking him was brought into my heart. I decided to close my bedroom door and pray by my bedside in hopes that I would finally gain salvation.

I am definitely not the most faithful person but I repented of sins and told him I was ready to accept him as my lord and savior. I didn’t feel entirely ready but realized that I am never going to be perfectly ready to accept him. I tried to let go of my fear surrounding salvation and after I felt I was finished I said amen and felt that a weight was lifted off of me. That feeling in my heart was gone and I felt light. However, although I felt light I was like “uh, so did I just get saved? This isn’t exactly how I pictured getting saved felt like.” All of my life I have heard that once people get saved they feel peaceful and just know they are saved. However the fact that I was questioning the fact on rather I was saved right after that leads me to believe that that may have not have been salvation. I know it can be different for everybody but I am just kinda confused. I am not really doubting the experience just wondering if that is what it is supposed to be like. It was nice and all but I think if I was actually saved I would "feel it in my heart." It’s been a few hours and I just feel like it’s a regular night. Was I actually saved or not? Some kind of help would be lovely, sorry for the long story and thanks a lot =).

Edit: I wrote this last night and it's now the next morning. I have been thinking about it all morning and can't help but think that was it? Wow so much confusion haha

Edited by PeachySunrise
Make a quick change
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

19 minutes ago, PeachySunrise said:

Hello. I am a teenager that has been brought up in a Christian family surrounded by Christian people all of my life. I believed in God but could never say I was saved or had what some would call a personal relationship with him. I went to church, prayed, participated in church activities but never had that connection with Christ. I have struggled with this throughout my life. When I was little I used to attend church with my grandmother rather often. I used to love going to church with her until I was about 11 years old. They are the kind of church that preaches “get saved or burn in hell for all of eternity” type. Well, her church holds the belief that until you are 11 years old if you were to die you would get a free ticket to heaven and not have to be saved. After that, however, if you were to die unsaved you would go to hell. So nearing the time I was 11 in their belief my ‘’free ticket to heaven” was about to run out.

They became pushy on trying to get me to repent and put me on the spot a lot. Although it was never said aloud they and my grandmother believed that the denomination of church we go to is “wrong.” So, when their revival week rolled around my grandmother would always try to guilt us into going even though we really didn’t want to. They would put us on the spot often and make us feel really awkward especially concerning salvation. I know they have good intentions and I love my grandmother and everyone there but their type of church is just not for me. I don’t believe that you can make someone get saved but that they have to find Christ when he is ready for them.

Needless to say, however, the whole being saved thing has always been something really awkward for me and something I have tried to avoid mostly due to those experiences. However, if there is one thing that going to my grandma’s church really imprinted into my mind it was that I was lost and really did need to get saved. It was often something I tried to shove away but I did know if I didn’t get saved it was an eternity in hell for me. This has often bothered me throughout my life and this weight on my heart was brought about again when listening to my preacher’s sermon today. I honestly don’t quite remember what it was about but it evoked in my heart the feeling that I have had many times before that I needed to get saved. I once again tried to push it away but it lingered in my heart throughout the day. Later on in the afternoon when I was back home in my room the feeling that I needed Christ and was lacking him was brought into my heart. I decided to close my bedroom door and pray by my bedside in hopes that I would finally gain salvation.

I am definitely not the most faithful person but I repented of sins and told him I was ready to accept him as my lord and savior. I didn’t feel entirely ready but realized that I am never going to be perfectly ready to accept him. I tried to let go of my fear surrounding salvation and after I felt I was finished I said amen and felt that a weight was lifted off of me. That feeling in my heart was gone and I felt light. However, although I felt light I was like “uh, so did I just get saved? This isn’t exactly how I pictured getting saved felt like.” All of my life I have heard that once people get saved they feel peaceful and just know they are saved. However the fact that I was questioning the fact on rather I was saved right after that leads me to believe that that may have not have been salvation. I know it can be different for everybody but I am just kinda confused. I am not really doubting the experience just wondering if that is what it is supposed to be like. It was nice and all but I think if I was actually saved I would "feel it in my heart." It’s been a few hours and I just feel like it’s a regular night. Was I actually saved or not? Some kind of help would be lovely, sorry for the long story and thanks a lot =).

Edit: I wrote this last night and it's now the next morning. I have been thinking about it all morning and can't help but think that was it? Wow so much confusion haha

Being saved is not to find any feeling or any experience, it is to be saved from an evil world, to hate the evil world and want out of it, that is why the broken hearted go to God, He is the love they need, and peoples love just is not as true, they did not suffer for us, did not die for us, did not create us, do not have power or goodness in them to keep us alive forever, but these are the reasons to look to God, as He is everything, and when we know we are nothing, that will be when He has found us, and when we have found Him too.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Wow you are a very mature teen ? thank you for sharing some of your story. It says in the Bible if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord then you will be saved...when I asked Jesus into my life and to forgive my sins I fell asleep that night and woke up the next morning feeling the peace I had been longing for but I still didn't feel or know if I was saved...I started askin my sister questions about God etc but I didn't tell her that I asked Jesus into my life...I'm not sure exactly how long later but maybe a week or so I told her what I did but I didn't know if I was saved, she brought her pastor to see me and he said I gave no doubt in my mind that you are saved and he prayed with me. They left and I still didn't 'feel saved' so I was lying on the settee watching God tv there were words coming up on the screen and music playing in the background...I asked God "how do I know if I'm saved, God how do I know I'm a Christian?" Then on the screen the words came up on the screen in big bold writing "YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED" I jumped up off my settee and started shouting with excitement I'm a Christian I'm a Christian! And started calling my family and friends to tell them, I just knew it then because God spoke to my heart! I believe you have been saved and I believe God will confirm it to you. One thing my pastor would say is go and tell 3 people what you have done because it says confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord! It will become a reality to you don't worry ? congratulations and welcome to the family of Christ! 

• Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

Amen Diane.

Thankyou..

Thank you Diane! That is just what I needed to hear! Have a good day and God bless =}!

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

6 minutes ago, diane32 said:

Wow you are a very mature teen ? thank you for sharing some of your story. It says in the Bible if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord then you will be saved...when I asked Jesus into my life and to forgive my sins I fell asleep that night and woke up the next morning feeling the peace I had been longing for but I still didn't feel or know if I was saved...I started askin my sister questions about God etc but I didn't tell her that I asked Jesus into my life...I'm not sure exactly how long later but maybe a week or so I told her what I did but I didn't know if I was saved, she brought her pastor to see me and he said I gave no doubt in my mind that you are saved and he prayed with me. They left and I still didn't 'feel saved' so I was lying on the settee watching God tv there were words coming up on the screen and music playing in the background...I asked God "how do I know if I'm saved, God how do I know I'm a Christian?" Then on the screen the words came up on the screen in big bold writing "YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED" I jumped up off my settee and started shouting with excitement I'm a Christian I'm a Christian! And started calling my family and friends to tell them, I just knew it then because God spoke to my heart! I believe you have been saved and I believe God will confirm it to you. One thing my pastor would say is go and tell 3 people what you have done because it says confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord! It will become a reality to you don't worry ? congratulations and welcome to the family of Christ! 

Then see Paul's confession and know it has to be the same..

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men.

That is why it is many called and few chosen, because no person can say you are saved, God does the saving not man, but nobody hears so everybody continues on as if saved.

For the ones who do confess, they receive the Spirit to be able to confess, because He first loves us, He first comes to us and calls us, it is all by Heaven not by man or by earth.

1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

So everybody who confesses without being moved by God to do so, and is confirmed by people as being as simple as they say it is, what exactly is the wide path to destruction then, that many are also on ?

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

5 minutes ago, gordon7777 said:

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men.

That is why it is many called and few chosen, because no person can say you are saved, God does the saving not man, but nobody hears so everybody continues on as if saved.

For the ones who do confess, they receive the Spirit to be able to confess, because He first loves us, He first comes to us and calls us, it is all by Heaven not by man or by earth.

So everybody who confesses without being moved by God to do so, and is confirmed by people as being as simple as they say it is, what exactly is the wide path to destruction then, that many are also on ?

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

What? 

7 minutes ago, PeachySunrise said:

Thank you Diane! That is just what I needed to hear! Have a good day and God bless =}!

Thank you and God bless you too ?

16 minutes ago, gordon7777 said:

Er yes I am aware that God is the one who is the one who does the saving, not man. We are saved through him and him alone. I am aware that no one can say for sure that I am saved, no of course not,only God knows that. However I just wanted to seek the advice of others who have came to know Christ through salvation, as they probably have a relatively good idea what it is like. Thanks for your response and have a good evening =}

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, PeachySunrise said:

If you genuinely asked Jesus Christ into your heart and life to be your savior and repented of your sins you were saved. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1