IGNORED

Is it correct to look at salvation this way?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Honestly, there are alot of people that will agree with you and that statement 100 percent. and though nothing you wrote their is anything I disagree with, I'd would say you have stepped up to the plate and left your bat on the bench. 

The problem , dear sister ,  is that most only learned THIS PART of the CROSS .

THIS next PART is the part men no longer teach .

Lets let peter and paul sum it up .

HE took our sins in his own flesh on the tree ,  that we BEING MADE DEAD , DEAD TO SIN , SHOULD LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS.

THEY DONT PREACH THE WHOLE CROSS SISTER .  THEY PREACH A LICENSE TO SIN AND NOT THE POWER OF THE BLOOD . 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

EXACTLY .

Did james , peter , jude , paul , Christ Himself add to or take from the gospel , Just because they were dire serious and CONTINUING IN HIM TO THE END .

Sister ,    you SPOT ON RIGHT .     For indeed we are the servants to whom we obey .    And let all exhort daily , lest any does become HARDENED through

the deceitfulness of SIN .     Did GOD add to the gospel when he warned the churches in revelations to repent OR else .

DID JESUS add to the gospel when HE said , if a man continues not in me he is cast out .

DID paul add to this gospel when he said ,  IF we continue in HIS GOODNESS , otherwise ye shall be cast out .

DID peter when he said ,  For it is better to have NEVER have known the way of rightoueness , than after not just hearing it , BUT KNOWING IT

if they return back to the pit and are overcome their latter end is WORSE ,   FOr it had been better to NEVER have KNOWN the way of righteousness , than AFTER KNOWING

it .............

and many more warnings could be given .

YOU SPOT ON RIGHT .     

I cant be judgy though.. Because the "If" used to scare me to death.. i knew they were about as futile for me to do by my own will or resolve as it would of been for Peter to walk on water by his own determination. 

For what seems like forever. Every time I picked up the bible to read I was made completely aware as sure as Peter would sink when he stepped out of that boat in his own strength. I couldn't obey his Word.

So I myself could only read the promises and had to ignore 99 percent of what Jesus and the disciples said for like a year. Because I knew what they said was impossible for me. I thought faith that was pleasing to God was that I just hold hope he did everything and someone as impulsive and thoughtless as me was being made absolutely lovely in the spirit realm I could not see.

Then one Day I was reading to my Son about Peter stepping out of the boat. And all the sudden I got it. 

Creation was accomplished by the power of the Holy Spirit When God spoke to the world. When Jesus and the diciples and Paul Spoke to the church the power of the Holy Spirit and the gospel was/is available to us if we recieve in faith and step out of the boat.

So when Jesus said,  "Peter, come to me" The lords spoken word to Peter had power for peter to do the impossible. Peter heard that word spoken to him and stepped out and walked on water. Then he saw the circumstances and sunk but the Lords hand was there to save him.

After I saw that I could read everything and start stepping out knowing the power is given to us by the command to do what is is impossible for us. I started looking for commands that would be to me as a believer and started seeing all those "if's" with excitment necuase I started seeing the evidence of Gods grace at work in me.

Reading all those "ifs" in faith and stepping out of that boat trusting him is and was that faith that pleases God.

And when I sink after a couple steps accomplished in his power. I sink but I grab His hand and it is there to pull me back up and i am like. "Omgosh, Lord thank YOU SO MUCH. You are God, you are wonderous and incredible and amazing. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. My flesh wanted to punch that guy in the face but you gave me love for him when I obeyed you.

When Jesus said "go and sin no more" the power was available in His spoken word for those he said that to, to obey him.?

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Sister lisa , known as rein    IT ............IN ,      IS LOVED .

You put those hands up dear sister and let the LORD be praised . 

Glory to God in the highest heaven and peace among all men who please Him, He favors:) 

All the scriptures are given for God's goodness toward us. 

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Glory to God in the highest heaven and peace among all men who please Him, He favors:) 

All the scriptures are given for God's goodness toward us. 

That's right sister , that is right .  From every dire warning to every promise ,  it is for the good of His own .

Every word of GOD is pure and as honey to the soul .     

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/13/2019 at 10:59 AM, choir loft said:

THERE IS NO HELL.

The Bible does not state or imply that there is an eternal fire in which the disembodied spirits of men are tortured.   God kills.  God is not a sociopathic demon obsessed with torture.  

You have an issue that plagues millions of believers.  And that is, they are reading commentaries instead of the New Testament.

If you were reading the NT, you would realize that Jesus taught about Hell more then He taught about Heaven, and in fact, He is the one who said "where the FIRE is not QUENCHED"......= eternal fire.

This is a reference to the "lake of fire" that follows "hell", as hell is not the final destination for the Christ rejector.

Mark 9:47

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

On 6/3/2019 at 9:12 PM, LeeGreenForest said:

Is it correct to look at salvation this way? That we've accrued a debt through our sins which must be paid with our death and eventual place in the lake of fire and that Jesus has completely paid our debt with His death and shed blood on the cross and that He was buried and rose again on the third day and that through faith in Him and what He's done (His death and shed blood on the cross, His burial, and His resurrection on the third day) we are saved?

Yes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

When Jesus said "go and sin no more" the power was available in His spoken word for those he said that to, to obey him.?

Experience and common sense says otherwise, in my opinion

“ If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us”

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 6/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, Behold said:

You have an issue that plagues millions of believers.  And that is, they are reading commentaries instead of the New Testament.

If you were reading the NT, you would realize that Jesus taught about Hell more then He taught about Heaven, and in fact, He is the one who said "where the FIRE is not QUENCHED"......= eternal fire.

This is a reference to the "lake of fire" that follows "hell", as hell is not the final destination for the Christ rejector.

Mark 9:47

You need to do a bit more study in cultural history as well as Biblical references.

Jesus never taught about hell.  Depending upon the translation you use, the destiny of the sinner is referenced as one or several terms of total destruction and annihilation.  The Bible NEVER suggests eternal torture for the sinner.  It DOES state total destruction awaits.

who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light” - 1 Tim 6:16

Only God is immortal.  The idea that some conscious portion of a human survives physical death has its origin in ancient Egypt.  Biblical teaching suggests no such thing.  

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; - Genesis 6:3a

The word "they" refers to human.  Every human dies.

The Egyptian idea of continuous consciousness after death caught on with the Greeks and Romans.  Because it was a good net to catch unbelievers it was adopted by early church theologians such as St. Augustine.   The notion of a dungeon in the bowels of the earth that serves to torture naughty disembodied human spirits is likewise adapted from the Greek and Roman myth of the afterlife.  The mythical river Styx does not serve the same symbolic representation as the actual Biblical river Jordan.  During the middle ages Dante Agligheri published a satirical work called THE DIVINE COMEDY, which portrayed the architecture of hell purgatory and heaven.  The work was never meant as a theological statement.  It was presented as political social satire, but the church used it to augment its theology about eternal punishment along with scriptural snippets from the Apocrypha, a collection of non-canonical texts.   Jews and Protestants do not acknowledge divine inspiration of the books of the Apocrypha, although they do provide a glimpse of the writing of the intertestimental period.   

According to classical myth, Hades was a person - the god of the underworld, not a place name.  Popular misconception has redefined Hades as a place of eternal torture - again never mentioned either in Biblical text or classic myth.  Hades was a person. 

According to the Bible and archeological discoveries Gehenna was a waste dump, an actual physical location to the south and east of Jerusalem.  It was also the earlier site of sacrifice of young children to the pagan god Molech.  References to gehenna are meant to invoke the idea of destruction of waste material.

According to the Old Testament a human spirit would enter a period of spiritual sleep when the body died.  The state was called Sheol.  Those that slept in sheol knew nothing as in physical sleep when the sleeper is unaware of his or her surroundings.  Those that slept in sheol were kept in a reserve status until called to wakefulness for the final judgment.

When Jesus died He entered sheol, not hades (a person), not hell (a concept of the middle ages five hundred years in His future) and not gehenna (a waste dump indicative of destruction).  Jesus entered sheol to make proclamation. (1 Peter 3:9)  The Bible isn't specific about what Jesus said there, but the action that followed may tell a great deal.  When Jesus arose from the grave a physical resurrection of a huge number of saints in Jerusalem was recorded in the gospel.  (Matt 27:52-53) Sheol ended on Easter morning.  The suggestion here is that Jesus led the captives of the grave to freedom and life.  Nothing is said of the fate of unrepentant sinners.  

CONFUSION

"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper names." - Chinese proverb

"Truth is that which is consistent with what is." - English dictionary

If one wishes to inject confusion into an interpretation of scripture or the daily newspaper all that needs to be done is to redefine the meaning of words.  Liars and politicians do it all the time.  So do pseudo-religious types who wish to advance an agenda rather than to seek the real meaning of God's Holy Word.

FIRE is a commonly recognized term.  It refers to a release of energy that destroys the fuel that enabled it.   In the Bible, fire is used to connote the ultimate destruction of that which is cast into it.  Nothing in the real world or in heaven suggests any other interpretation of the word FIRE.  Unfortunately, those that know not God assume sinners will be punished for all eternity for some sin performed in finite time.  

God kills.  God does not torture.

There is nothing in the Bible suggestive of the idea that something cast into a fire will continue to burn indefinitely.  If such a fuel exists I'd like to have some for my car.

The use of the word FIRE, as in the Lake of Fire and the Second Death, refers to total and utter destruction by an irreversible process.   This means there is no appeal, no second chance and no reversal of God's judgment.   Once destroyed the person or thing ceases to exist and is never again brought into existence.

Its a simple idea twisted into something God did not intend by those who seek to profit from fear of eternal torture which exists only in the corrupt imagination of man.

THE LAW

It ought to be noted that the Law gives us a clue about who is or is not a sinner.   It is not a sin to be born human.  According to the Law, a sin offering was to be made for sins of men and women.   No sin offering was ever called for on the part of a newborn baby.  No sin offering was ever made by Jesus.   Therefore sin is something which is DONE during life.   A child that dies prior to, during or shortly after birth is therefore innocent of all punishment implied or expressed.  The child cannot be judged for something it hasn't done.    Therefore a dead child is considered by God's Law to be welcome in Heaven.    This fact of the Law can provide some comfort to the parents who have lost a child because its true.   Those that promote a doctrine of fear and lies and deceit cannot give such comfort. They can only threaten with fear and an improper judgmental attitude.

God is not a sociopath.   God is just - even in judgment.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft
references
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

On 6/4/2019 at 5:12 AM, LeeGreenForest said:

Is it correct to look at salvation this way? That we've accrued a debt through our sins which must be paid with our death and eventual place in the lake of fire and that Jesus has completely paid our debt with His death and shed blood on the cross and that He was buried and rose again on the third day and that through faith in Him and what He's done (His death and shed blood on the cross, His burial, and His resurrection on the third day) we are saved?

i thought the lake of fire was hell. i thought we went to heaven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, existential mabel said:

i thought the lake of fire was hell. i thought we went to heaven

Hi mabel,

Yes, you are correct and I think that truth was needed in the OP as it is our joy, our hope, our salvation to be with Christ, (& each other) in heaven.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Praise God! 1