IGNORED

Is it correct to look at salvation this way?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Unto some it is GIVEN< unto others it is not..

Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Faith is the gift of God also..
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

1 Corinthians 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Lovers of sins more than God. A revelation man might know these below..

It is prophetic for the ending of this world, she that is a widow who lives in pleasures is dead while she lives, because she does not trust in God, to be BLAMELESS before the Lord. This is her that is given to pleasures, dwelling carelessly, that she will not sit as a widow and there is none else beside her, how much she glorified herself, living deliciously in pleasures, that she will not see sorrow and is not a widow, they will receive torment and will be widows. This is the doing of satan, for all those who have pleasure in unrighteousness, and who will be damned, because they had not received the love of the truth, for when men are lovers of their own selves, lovers of pleasures, having only a form of godliness. But nothing confirms they loved God at all, they received the strong delusion, this was their love, all that is unholy..

1 Timothy 5:Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.

Isaiah 47:8 Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children:

Revelation 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

2 Thessalonians 2:Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Timothy 3:This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 6/7/2019 at 10:49 AM, Behold said:

Lets say you were trying to explain salvation to a non-believer.

If you start talking about "debt accrued" for sin, then they are going to change the channel.   As this type of nomenclature is "christianese"...Its what we as believers use when we are speaking the "Jesus lingo" to each other, but, in the real world of lost people, they don't get it.

So, try it like this..

simplify....

If they are willing to agree that there is a God, then have them try to understand that we are born disconnected from God's Family.  Then you can tell them why... "Adam".. "Sin"... the fall., etc.

And then simply explain to them that God Himself created a way for all of us to be back into His family, as the reality is....."Salvation" is come to us,  when we are back into His family.

That is what SAVED actually means, more then the rest, because its the most important part of redemption.

Sure, baby Christians will want to talk about repenting, and  being saved from hell......but unsaved people wont listen long if you try to get them out of Hell, as they are not going to stand to be told about this...  So, a wise believer, one with actual experience.......not chatting endlessly on forums like this one.....but one who is actually doing something for God.........this person, understands that there is one universal thing that everybody is looking for......in this world........and that is........LOVE.    Everyone is looking for LOVE........and so, for the looker, for the unsaved looker.......to find out about a Loving God and a Loving Christ who LOVE THEM SO MUCH, that they died for them............so that they could be a part of God's loving FAMILY..........this is their Salvation.....and this is what an unbeliever wants to know about, and this is what a Christian will explain = as their best way to offer salvation to a non-believer.

"Christ came to SEEK and SAVED that , those, who are LOST"......and lost means........"separated from God and God's family".   So, Salvation is the rejoining to God's family, BY the Cross and the shed blood of Jesus, as the only means to get you there..........and its the only WAY.     John 14:6

THERE IS NO HELL.

If the message of salvation is to be explained to an unbeliever, then the notion of a god who enjoys torturing hapless souls for eternity must be discarded in the light of God's honest truth - the Bible.  

The concept of hell, as it is popularly understood, stands in logical opposition to all arguments that declare God is good and loving.   If God is a God of love, He would not nor can not torture people forever for sins committed in time.  Punishment of sin in time is restricted to the time in which it is committed.  Punishment for sin does not extend into eternity.  Instead the sinner simply dies - ceases to exist in every way existence is understood; body, mind and spirit.  It becomes nothing and not even the memory of that individual survives in the mind of God.  This eventuality is called the Second Death.  It is total complete and utter annihilation.  

Simply put, it is the nature of fallen man to DIE.   (Genesis 3) Dying means the termination of all activity; physical, mental and spiritual.

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; - Genesis 6:3a

It is the nature of man to die.   There is NO component of man that survives death.   Nowhere does the Bible or scientific fact declare such a thing to be true.  When death comes, man dies....all of him from his head to his toes and from his skin to the spirit within.

who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light” - 1 Timothy 6:16

Only God possesses that quality of enduring existence one may call immortality.  Immortality is NOT a part of the human condition.   Every man who ever lived knows that a day will come when he will die.  Many men seek a way to escape the grave.  DEATH is the beginning of the message of redemption.

Adam was created in the image of God, but after the fall (Genesis 3) the race of man LOST the divine nature of the image of God.   The Bible quotes God as saying that on the day Adam sinned he would die.  (Genesis 3:2 - Ezekiel 18:4)

All children are born in the image of their parents.   Therefore, all the children and generations of Adam are born in the image of Adam, NOT GOD.  The image of Adam is an image of death. 

But God so loved the world, that He has offered the gift of CONDITIONAL immortality.   (John 3:16)

He has CONDITIONALLY offered to extend His own immortal nature and image to the race of man IF and ONLY IF such men repent of their sin and accept God's good gift of life. (John 3:18)

The Bible does not state or imply that there is an eternal fire in which the disembodied spirits of men are tortured.   God kills.  God is not a sociopathic demon obsessed with torture.  

It is the nature of to consume that which is thrown into it.  (book of Revelation chapters 2 & 20) 

Fuel is always consumed by fire.  If there is a combustable substance that continually endures fire then I'd like to have some for my car.  Likewise the spirits of unregenerate mankind are totally and utterly destroyed at the time of their death.   Nothing survives and there is no hope of appeal parole or reversal of divine judgment - EVER.

Therefore the simple message and grand hope of the gospel is that God has conditionally offered immortal life to the dying race of man.  If a man repents of his sin and turns to God in trust and obedience he will not suffer the Second Death - spiritual annihilation in the Lake of Fire.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...   

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/01/1917

It is appointed unto men, once: to die; but after this: the judgement. Men will be judged and every soul that does evil will be cast alive into the Lake of Fire where they will be tormented, consciously, forever, according to The Holy Scriptures.

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/3/2019 at 11:12 PM, LeeGreenForest said:

Is it correct to look at salvation this way? That we've accrued a debt through our sins which must be paid with our death and eventual place in the lake of fire and that Jesus has completely paid our debt with His death and shed blood on the cross and that He was buried and rose again on the third day and that through faith in Him and what He's done (His death and shed blood on the cross, His burial, and His resurrection on the third day) we are saved?

Honestly, there are alot of people that will agree with you and that statement 100 percent. and though nothing you wrote their is anything I disagree with, I'd would say you have stepped up to the plate and left your bat on the bench. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

30 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Honestly, there are alot of people that will agree with you and that statement 100 percent. and though nothing you wrote their is anything I disagree with, I'd would say you have stepped up to the plate and left your bat on the bench. 

You are 100% correct......you have essentially quoted 1 cor15:1-4.......Jesus promised us that if we believe that...we are saved......anybody that adds to that Gospel is severed from Christ and is fallen from Grace.....run, dont walk, from Judaizers that would  “ tickle your ears”  by adding your performance to the simple Gospel Of  Grace......If you sing this—-  believe it—- “  NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD” 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Therefore the simple message and grand hope of the gospel is that God has conditionally offered immortal life to the dying race of man.  If a man repents of his sin and turns to God in trust and obedience he will not suffer the Second Death - spiritual annihilation in the Lake of Fire.

Paul referred to “ false gospels”. This one is straight from Hell......compare it to the One TRUE Gospel Of 1 Cor15 1-4....... let me know if you think they have ANYTHiNG in common

” with repentance towards God ( gr.  metanoia....change your mind..... see that you are a lost sinner  and own up to that truth) and faith towards Christ. ( seeing that His Shed Blood paid for your sins)

The True Gospel that Jesus promised will save, if believed—- Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave.Add to it with any of your works, you cancel it.Its a Gospel  Of pure Grace — works cancel grace.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

10 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You are 100% correct......you have essentially quoted 1 cor15:1-4.......Jesus promised us that if we believe that...we are saved......anybody that adds to that Gospel is severed from Christ and is fallen from Grace.....run, dont walk, from Judaizers that would  “ tickle your ears”  by adding your performance to the simple Gospel Of  Grace......If you sing this—-  believe it—- “  NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD” 

Alrighty then. Not sure why you quoted me to address Him.

But since you did, (probably, against my better judgement). I will attempt once to bless you with what I am hoping and praying by the grace of God given to me, will help him and you recieve all Christ has done, is doing for us and does in us to accomplish Gods purposes in Christ to save many according to scripture. But I won't argue with you so please do not send me 6 scriptures out of context. 

15 Now brothers, I want to clarify[a] for you the gospel I proclaimed to you; you received it and have taken your stand on it. You are also saved by it, "if" you hold to the message I proclaimed to you—"unless you believed for no purpose" (b)

b. 1 Corinthians 15:2 Or believed without careful thought, or believed in vain

Can you see that "if" I put In quotation marks? What (if any)are the conditions put forth in this chapter clarify the "if"?

What Is Paul exposing can be missing when we recieve the gospel and believe and take our stand on it?

Did Paul  add to the gospel  when He wrote "unless" you believe for no purpose"?

What could be missing that can keep us from being saved by the receiving, believing and standing on the gospel?

Did Paul's message and messages to the churches contain all He recieved from the Lord? Did Paul put markers for us on the narrow path because people could hear, believe, take a stand and yet get off track and still end up on the broad path the leads to destruction?

Did Paul add or take away from the Gospel by clarifying the message from heaven that comes to us and is made clear by the scriptures?

Are there things that came from heaven that Jesus, Paul and the Diciples have to say and we have to hear and see with the gospel so we have clarity and recieve for ourself all that God has done according to scripture?

Did Paul leave out details of the Gospel in this Letter he added and discribed as the Gospel in other letters? Look and see, listen and hear him.

Is it important to Him and God to give us clarity and understanding?

Is there a reason why getting the purpose of the resurrection of the dead was important for them to know so Paul was spacifiec in highlighting a portion of the gospel he proclaimed ?

Was what he said after 1 Cor 15:8  (a specific portion of the Gospel He preached to them), So Gods purpose in Christ is achieved by the Lord's Salvation being accomplished in them so they are all will be saved and Jesus's work on the cross accomplished by Gods grace and the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ offered as a perpitation for all sin according to scripture would not be in vain concerning some that heard, believed and took a stand for the gospel Paul preached?

Are Pauls messages Not only the facts surrounding the One who came from heaven to save us but so we could know Gods path to "recieve" that salvation freely given according to scripture? 

And if those messages (New Testament "Scripture") have come from heaven with Christ and the gospel. Are we giving careful thought to the "purpose" by ignoring all His instruction and only run on belief in the facts pertaining to the works of our Father, The Lord Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit that were all done and accomplished to save sinful man according to scripture?

1 Cor 15:3-8

that Christ died for our sins
"according to the Scriptures",that He was buried,
that He was raised on the third day
"according to the Scriptures",
and that He appeared to Cephas,
then to the Twelve.
Then He appeared to over 500 brothers at one time;
most of them are still alive,
but some have fallen asleep.
Then He appeared to James,
then to all the apostles.
Last of all, as to one abnormally born,[c]
He also appeared to me.

please keep reading Pauls messages and hear Paul completely out to answer all the questions in his own words so you can recieve all Christ has done according to scripture and be saved.

Edited by Reinitin
When the words flood my mind my thumbs can't keep up and choose things like their instead of there. I always hit send way too fast.
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Alrighty then. Not sure why you quoted me to address Him.

But since you did, (probably, against my better judgement). I will attempt once to bless you with what I am hoping and praying by the grace of God given to me, will help him and you recieve all Christ has done, is doing for us and does in us to accomplish Gods purposes in Christ to save many according to scripture. But I won't argue with you so please do not send me 6 scriptures out of context. 

15 Now brothers, I want to clarify[a] for you the gospel I proclaimed to you; you received it and have taken your stand on it. You are also saved by it, "if" you hold to the message I proclaimed to you—"unless you believed for no purpose" (b)

b. 1 Corinthians 15:2 Or believed without careful thought, or believed in vain

Can you see that "if" I put In quotation marks? What (if any)are the conditions put forth in this chapter clarify the "if"?

What Is Paul exposing can be missing when we recieve the gospel and believe and take our stand on it?

Did Paul  add to the gospel  when He wrote "unless" you believe for no purpose"?

What could be missing that can keep us from being saved by the receiving, believing and standing on the gospel?

Did Paul's message and messages to the churches contain all He recieved from the Lord? Did Paul put markers for us on the narrow path because people could hear, believe, take a stand and yet get off track and still end up on the broad path the leads to destruction?

Did Paul add or take away from the Gospel by clarifying the message from heaven that comes to us and is made clear by the scriptures?

Are there things that came from heaven that Jesus, Paul and the Diciples have to say and we have to hear and see with the gospel so we have clarity and recieve for ourself all that God has done according to scripture?

Did Paul leave out details of the Gospel in this Letter he added and discribed as the Gospel in other letters? Look and see, listen and hear him.

Is it important to Him and God to give us clarity and understanding?

Is there a reason why getting the purpose of the resurrection of the dead was important for them to know so Paul was spacifiec in highlighting a portion of the gospel he proclaimed ?

Was what he said after 1 Cor 15:8  (a specific portion of the Gospel He preached to them), So Gods purpose in Christ is achieved by the Lord's Salvation being accomplished in them so they are all will be saved and Jesus's work on the cross accomplished by Gods grace and the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ offered as a perpitation for all sin according to scripture would not be in vain concerning some that heard, believed and took a stand for the gospel Paul preached?

Are Pauls messages Not only the facts surrounding the One who came from heaven to save us but so we could know Gods path to "recieve" that salvation freely given according to scripture? 

And if those messages (New Testament "Scripture") have come from heaven with Christ and the gospel. Are we giving careful thought to the "purpose" by ignoring all His instruction and only run on belief in the facts pertaining to the works of our Father, The Lord Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit that were all done and accomplished to save sinful man according to scripture?

1 Cor 15:3-8

that Christ died for our sins
"according to the Scriptures",that He was buried,
that He was raised on the third day
"according to the Scriptures",
and that He appeared to Cephas,
then to the Twelve.
Then He appeared to over 500 brothers at one time;
most of them are still alive,
but some have fallen asleep.
Then He appeared to James,
then to all the apostles.
Last of all, as to one abnormally born,[c]
He also appeared to me.

please keep reading Pauls messages and hear Paul completely out to answer all the questions in his own words so you can recieve all Christ has done according to scripture and be saved.

EXACTLY .

Did james , peter , jude , paul , Christ Himself add to or take from the gospel , Just because they were dire serious and CONTINUING IN HIM TO THE END .

Sister ,    you SPOT ON RIGHT .     For indeed we are the servants to whom we obey .    And let all exhort daily , lest any does become HARDENED through

the deceitfulness of SIN .     Did GOD add to the gospel when he warned the churches in revelations to repent OR else .

DID JESUS add to the gospel when HE said , if a man continues not in me he is cast out .

DID paul add to this gospel when he said ,  IF we continue in HIS GOODNESS , otherwise ye shall be cast out .

DID peter when he said ,  For it is better to have NEVER have known the way of rightoueness , than after not just hearing it , BUT KNOWING IT

if they return back to the pit and are overcome their latter end is WORSE ,   FOr it had been better to NEVER have KNOWN the way of righteousness , than AFTER KNOWING

it .............

and many more warnings could be given .

YOU SPOT ON RIGHT .     

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Sister lisa , known as rein    IT ............IN ,      IS LOVED .

You put those hands up dear sister and let the LORD be praised . 

Edited by frienduff thaylorde