IGNORED

Is it correct to look at salvation this way?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

If you are good, you go to Heaven......if you are bad you go to Hell......If you kinda fall in- between you go to Heck.....am I close?   

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

22 hours ago, existential mabel said:

i thought the lake of fire was hell. i thought we went to heaven

There is no hell - no everlasting torment of disembodied sinner.   Nowhere does the Bible imply such a thing.

At the point of death, humans are judged.  (Hebrews 9:27)   

Those that are deemed to be justified in the eyes of God are granted a CONDITIONAL portion of His immortal life.  Those that are not justified in the eyes of God are destroyed - utterly and completely with no redress of grievances, parole, appeal or reversal of judgment.

The meaning of conditional salvation is also quite clear in the Bible.  One is saved if one has accepted Christ as savior and lord.   One who rejects Christ either by purposeful neglect or open rebellion will be exterminated upon the occasion of physical death.   The saving grace of God is conditional, not universal.   In fact Jesus said most people would not be saved at all.  (Luke 13:24)

God kills.  God is not a sociopathic demon that loves to torture people throughout eternity for sins committed in finite time.   The penalty of sin is permanent death.

The Lake of Fire (Rev. 20:15) is representative of total annihilation of sinners.   Fire destroys totally and utterly and that's why the image of fire is used to describe spiritual death.  For those who still don't get it, the Lake of Fire is also called the Second Death.  

Simple words have simple meanings and that's why Our Lord uses them to prove His point.   Fire destroys all that touches it.  In all the universe there is no such thing as a fuel that lasts as long as the fire that consumes it.  If you find such a fuel, please let me know.  I can use it in my car.  The meaning of the words fire and death are simple to understand - unless one has a demonically inspired agenda in which case the meaning of those words has to be perverted to justify a lie. 

Spiritual death is the ultimate destiny of those who are not saved.  The method of destruction is something like fire that consumes totally and irreversibly.

Therefore it is wise to repent while time still allows it.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If you are good, you go to Heaven......if you are bad you go to Hell......If you kinda fall in- between you go to Heck.....am I close?   

There is no good or bad as criteria for final judgment before the throne of God.   There is only justification or lack of justification.  

The Biblical template for the process of justification is revealed in the book of Exodus.  

The plague of death passed over those who had applied lambs blood to their homes.   God killed those who did not apply it.  Living and dying had nothing to do with being good or bad.   There were bad people among the Hebrews and there were good people among the Egyptians.  Those who applied the blood escaped with their lives.  Those who did not - died.    

Salvation is applied according to the Law to those who appeal to God according to its precepts.  According to the Law, one must personally appear before God in humility and bring the designated sacrifice for sin with him.  Jesus is our sacrifice for sin and fulfills the requirement of the Law for that purpose (Matt 5:17).

Be it known that the Law is still in effect!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

Those who seek God's mercy must appear before Him personally to ask for it.   It is not automatic and no human priest can do it for any of us.  

God accepts no sacrifice for sin other than the death of Jesus.  Why?

God said the soul that sins shall die.  (Ezekiel 18:20)  

Since all men and women have sinned and are subject to death, they cannot pay the penalty by themselves.   The Law declares only a perfect sacrifice can pay the penalty for sin.   Jesus is that perfect sacrifice because He did not sin.  

Blood is the life of any creature.  Blood = life.  When Jesus gave His life on the cross He gave His blood as a sacrifice for sin.  His perfect life/blood can provide justification for the sins of those who accept it - who apply His life to their own, who earnestly seek to follow Him in obedience and trust.  Accepting Jesus in one's heart is more than a religious slogan.  One has to live like Jesus lived - in trust of and obedience to the Father.

Good and bad are ethical terms relative to human society.  They do not apply in the Kingdom of God.   No one is good except the Father.  All who come to Him for mercy will find it and escape the Second Death.   Those who stand upon their own goodness will find God is not impressed with their resume and suffer the Second Death - good deeds and all.

Edited by choir loft

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

16 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi mabel,

Yes, you are correct and I think that truth was needed in the OP as it is our joy, our hope, our salvation to be with Christ, (& each other) in heaven.

all the best, Marilyn.

0h 0k so we dont end up in a lake of fire then which is what the OP seemed to suggest. very confused ...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/01/1917

Hell is not only a place but it is also a spirit being, just as is Death. Both spirits: Death and Hell are cast into the Lake of Fire, along with Satan and every single person who worships The Beast and his image or receives the mark of The Beast. All liars have their place in hell, along with every un-saved soul. God the The Only Judge Who decides their fate; but it doesn't end and it is eternal, conscious torment in flames.

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 6/27/2019 at 12:57 PM, choir loft said:

There is no good or bad as criteria for final judgment before the throne of God.   There is only justification or lack of justification.  

The Biblical template for the process of justification is revealed in the book of Exodus.  

The plague of death passed over those who had applied lambs blood to their homes.   God killed those who did not apply it.  Living and dying had nothing to do with being good or bad.   There were bad people among the Hebrews and there were good people among the Egyptians.  Those who applied the blood escaped with their lives.  Those who did not - died.    

Salvation is applied according to the Law to those who appeal to God according to its precepts.  According to the Law, one must personally appear before God in humility and bring the designated sacrifice for sin with him.  Jesus is our sacrifice for sin and fulfills the requirement of the Law for that purpose (Matt 5:17).

Be it known that the Law is still in effect!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

Those who seek God's mercy must appear before Him personally to ask for it.   It is not automatic and no human priest can do it for any of us.  

God accepts no sacrifice for sin other than the death of Jesus.  Why?

God said the soul that sins shall die.  (Ezekiel 18:20)  

Since all men and women have sinned and are subject to death, they cannot pay the penalty by themselves.   The Law declares only a perfect sacrifice can pay the penalty for sin.   Jesus is that perfect sacrifice because He did not sin.  

Blood is the life of any creature.  Blood = life.  When Jesus gave His life on the cross He gave His blood as a sacrifice for sin.  His perfect life/blood can provide justification for the sins of those who accept it - who apply His life to their own, who earnestly seek to follow Him in obedience and trust.  Accepting Jesus in one's heart is more than a religious slogan.  One has to live like Jesus lived - in trust of and obedience to the Father.

Good and bad are ethical terms relative to human society.  They do not apply in the Kingdom of God.   No one is good except the Father.  All who come to Him for mercy will find it and escape the Second Death.   Those who stand upon their own goodness will find God is not impressed with their resume and suffer the Second Death - good deeds and all.

I was not being serious...... that part about “ going to Heck”?   I thought that would be the tip off that it was a joke.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/26/2019 at 12:14 PM, choir loft said:

Jesus never taught about hell.

I suggest you read a New Testament.

If that does not interest you then just do a word search (Hell) in a concordance. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/5/2019 at 9:19 AM, Behold said:

I suggest you read a New Testament.

If that does not interest you then just do a word search (Hell) in a concordance. 

It really is good when you use strongs and see what word was translated to hell. With all those different words all translated to one place called hell. It's easy to make up hell doctrines instead of understanding what we are being told.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/01/1917

One doesn't have to 'make up' any doctrine, as long as one adheres to 'sound' doctrine. Scripture is clear. It takes only basic understanding to grasp Truth. It takes careful study and opposition to Truth to really mix it up. Jesus was clear about the fate of the lost. He said it would be better had they never been born if they harm one of His 'little ones'. Us little ones believe Him. Those who are big (in their own eyes) oppose Truth and sound doctrine.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:59 AM, LeeGreenForest said:

I might be having trouble believing in my heart what I need to believe in order to be saved due to being unable to effectively understand everything I need to understand (I guess maybe first in my head and then after that believe it with my heart). If people wanted to sum it up for me or explain it it might be helpful.

It is huge question and though we have a legacy of sin thru Adam, little babies do not sin. No sin is passed down generationally unless specifically stated by God. We learn to sin as it is our nature and our worldly environment. God intended to have a human family that will choose Him and that eventually will judge His High council members and other spirits He made. (angel is merely a job description).

[Explanation: just because David said his mom conceived him in sin - she was a sinner, does NOT mean babies are born sinners. Until you are of the age of accountability, you are already being prepared to be a fully-fledged sinner, but not until then. Check out Jonah's trip and the reason. God is really care-ful and did not wish to destroy children that knew not their right hand from their left. God is GOOD.]

God intended to save the lost, gather those scattered at Babel (due to his ministering spirits falling down on their job of guiding the nations) and to reverse the horrible things done by spirits that co-habited with the earthly women and taught humans wicked ways and better ways to kill each other. Gen 3 and 6.

Redemption is a complex issue and Yeshua knew exactly what he was doing from before the foundation of the earth and the creation. 

As you would expect with the Lord High God, salvation is multi-faceted. It is His world and he came to save all of it. See psalm 82 and Deut. 32.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • This is Worthy 1