RarexxRose

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

How do you know if you're hearing from the Holy Spirit or if its just other people's frequencies that you're tapping into? How do you know it's not other people's spirit that you're connecting with?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

11 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

How do you know if you're hearing from the Holy Spirit or if its just other people's frequencies that you're tapping into? How do you know it's not other people's spirit that you're connecting with?

Two issues here.

1/ hearing from God.    At it's simplist we hear from God through reading the bible or listening to sermons.

God may address you through dreams, vission or other methods. You will know it is from God because that message will NEVER contradict the teaching of the bible.

What you/we all need to do is so know the bible and the principals it teaches that we know Gods will and can do it. See Romans 12 :1+2, about having bible biased brains.

2/ other peoples spirits cannot speak into our minds.

If you are hearing voices please seek help. If those voice are telling you to do things contrary to the bible seek help urgently.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

7 hours ago, pinacled said:

The Lords Voice is unmistakable.

Would you say that that's just a part of being truly human?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

23 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

Is what you are hearing biblical? We can't hear other people's spirits. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

We do not fight against flesh and blood...

One say I follow this reacher, the other say I follow that teacher...

Paul said; I have learn to follow Jesus Christ...

I am an Apostle of Jesus Christ...one time he was sent by the church, and the time came Jesus took him to him self...

He emphasizes now I have learned to follow only Jesus...he leads my way...very special situation, Jesus call him to be a chosen vessel to do his will....

Paul did not take upon himself, Jesus call him and set him apart...

He said guided by the Spirit of God...

This suggest there are other spirits who wants and are successful in guiding us...

This is also can been seen, when the disciples says; test the Spirits if they are from God...

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

To follow Christ, we follow Paul......Jesus told us to....

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

23 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

To follow Christ, we follow Paul......Jesus told us to....

Very enigmatic statement...

The context of Paul's statement it was to those who couldn't discern many things on their own, still learning about the faith, and needed a guiding light from another brother...

Paul said that, after mentioning a few other teachers...

He did not forbid to learn from others....

But he said; check their teachings with my teachings, for more than one reason...

I learned from other teachers, and been well educated I learned to discern on my own, and with the helped of the Holy Spirit....

But still our Lord Jesus took me to the dessert for many years to teach me many things, and I learned to discern his guidance, the guidance of the Holy Spirit...

And wish others to seek that the Holy Spirit teach them to discern his guidance...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Normally God's voice creates the fruit of the Spirit in us--love joy peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, meekness, faithfulness and self-control.   It never produces fear because His perfect love casts out fear.  It never produces confusion because God is not the author of confusion.  It sometimes does convey His strength, power and authority.  Usually it encourages us and comforts us.  

When we hear God we know it is not us.  He speaks to each of us a little differently.  He speaks to my pastor like a loving Father speaks to His son--in guy talk.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/01/1917

Good advice from all. God makes His Voice known. If your child sat in your lap, you wouldn't ignore him. God is a better father than you. He always has something to say to each of His children. He longs for your presence way more than you long for His. He wants you to be still and know that He has got this. Whatever it is that concerns you: He's got this. Cast the whole of your care and worry over onto Him, because He cares more about you than you do. I didn't say do nothing, I merely said that worrying and being fretful over things is not going to solve anything. He wants us to trust in Him: He's trustworthy. Focus on whatever is true, just, right, good and praiseworthy. Believe that you shall see His Goodness in your life. Expect Him to lead, guide and direct you in all Truth. He shall. He said that you would seek and search for Him and that you would FIND Him when you seek and search with all of your heart. He's never yet been caught in a lie. Those that wait upon The Lord shall renew their strength. Wait. Sit quietly and listen to His Word in your heart. He is The Living Word and His Word is alive inside of you. Besides taking up the cross and following Jesus: I believe that the next most important lesson that today's church has neglected is teaching believers how to listen to and hear The Voice of God for themselves. It takes consecration and dedication. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. The portion of your heart and mind that if focused upon Him determines the depth and intimacy of the relationship that you will have with Him. You have ALL of the relationship with God today that you believed Him for, yesterday. Today, draw closer. Seek Him more than yesterday. Increase that search every day. Make today's relationship closer than yesterday's. He is the True Manna that fell from Heaven. Seek and search for fresh Manna from His Holy Word every single day, because yesterday's Manna will not be sufficient for today. Growing closer to Him should be your goal... every single day.