• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, LadyKay said:

I have a question. Would you as a Christian have an issue working at a Liquor store. Selling Alcohol and smokes to people?   Thoughts? 

Long as they couldn't light up or open up in the store I would simply go about my business of working  for an employer to the best  of my ability for the paycheck provided to me for my effort. 

Might say as most seem to at North Carolina USA, as they finish a transaction- "have a blessed day".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

I once had an interest in a motor hotel, coffee shop, restaurant, and night club lounge. Name a social or even criminal sin that is NOT committed in such an atmosphere. Yet God led me there, stuck me there, and had me reading Gideon Bibles and watching black and white television listening to  big haired preachers, and their puffy sleeved spouses,  as I was trying to stay awake on shift at  five AM, all the while  while hoping for the sunrise farm report  to come on and my shift relief to arrive. 

The Holy Spirit brought me to my repentance in that environment; having broken me physically, mentally, and spiritually working  up to 20 hours a day and sometimes around the clock into the next day's shifts. It was the worst of times and the best of times.

God will use whatever He wills, however He chooses, for His good purposes. Some of what is used can make for  pretty  horrific an adventure, or series of adventures; but wow what a privilege to  be turned about in the midst of it all!

Praise God for the adventures that do lead many of us to being His bond-servants.

If I had no good option but to work third shift at 7-11 I would work third shift at 7-11 praising God for the opportunity! ThenI would hope I would also  ask how may I serve His will at my station best as I serve my employer's work orders and my  duties to the employer.

Guess I am on a rant of memories- I used to list my employment of a Christian website as "Any honest endeavor".

I do confess I once thought myself too good to work for a particular man. And I moved on. My close friend and coworker said, "Wow, you sure are picky who you work for!, I have always just been happy to have work." That statement changed my own attitude, to seeking the best for my family and self, but to also respecting my employer's commands in exchange for a paycheck as being a fair trade.  I became a happier worker and learned to love work for the shear effort. Later I learned to love working  for my savior in all that I toiled upon each day. It has turned me about.

Yet,  I confess it has made being retired a hard to handle concept. I am presently seeking  an adventure in work with the idea of being of some service to my Lord as I do that. Retirement or idleness is  just too hard on me.  Moving rather slowly at it, but at least moving  and forward. Praise God for the opportunities that are always there, always. Takes much more time to unfold than an impatient man  may like,  but hey such is the course that is to be run.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/6/2019 at 3:05 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

It sure is easy to  single out the poor old drunk...his sins are so obvious.Not so obvious are all of the liars out there.....Like you and I. Paul said Thieves ain’t going to inherit the Kingdom either, yet we know one thief who is in Heaven right now.And another thief who is in hell as we speak .What if it had been two drunks on the Cross? Or two liars?    

This motley crew of sinners, as Paul said can not inherit the Kingdom.Why not? Thieves , liars and drunkards don’t remain thieves,liars and drunkards.Lucky for us, God is in the business of taking the unrighteous drunk or liar and transforming them into Sons.The instant they “ come to  Jesus” as the thief on the Cross did, they are a “ new Creation”

Paul said no thieves in the Kingdom so It is the same thing as if Jesus said it.But we know for a fact that there is a thief there today.Therefore, the repentant thief could no longer be  considered a  thief— after coming to Jesus he was a “ righteous,”forgiven Son . The other thief, remained a thief- period.He and all of  his unrepentant type will be judged accordingly.Jesus took upon Himself the Judgement Of the contrite thief.

The key is they are changed, transformed.  People that are still drunkards and thieves when they die shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

it would depend on the circumstances. If it was a choice between feeding my family and putting them out on the street, yeah id work at the liquor store, because I have a God given responsibility to take care of my family, and selling alcohol to me isnt actually a sin, as the Bible doesnt forbid drinking (just getting drunk) and how much people consume is entirely on them.

However, if given multiple options of employment, I will always choose something else, and have done so my entire life. I am blessed to be in a career field where I don't have to do so, and have multiple jobs available to me at any given time that does not involve potentially helping someone else be irresponsible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Tobacco n alcohol have been round for centuries, this includes the time when Jesus walk'd the earth. Alcohol; mainly wine: is mention'd in the Good Book as we all know. The Good book speaks of excess when it comes to drinkin', we are to do so moderately. I directly wouldn't have a problem workin' a liquor store, but would feel a need to speak to those abusin' alcohol.

just my two bits,  JJ