naominash

What does this parable mean?

10 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Some way of proving in absolute terms that you have the correct interpretation and everyone that disagrees is wrong.  Evidence and opinion is not proof.

Shalom, Firm Foundation.

Okay, let's pursue this: Just what do you mean by "absolute terms?"

9 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Firm Foundation.

Okay, let's pursue this: Just what do you mean by "absolute terms?"

I mean where there is no possible way it can mean anything other than what you claim.  

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

I mean where there is no possible way it can mean anything other than what you claim.  

Shalom, Firm Foundation.

I'll be praying that the Ruwach haQodesh Elohiym (the Holy Spirit of God) will lead me to the right words for you, but you must understand that I am bucking against 2,000 years of "informational thermodynamics!"

Ever play "Telephone" as a kid? Y'know, where the first kid gets a message to say to the next kid in a circle and he whispers it to him/her who then whispers that "same message" (as best as they can recall) to the next kid who then whispers it to the next kid, and so on? At the end of the game, the "same message" is received by the teacher who then reveals to the circle what was originally said as well as the message received at the end. The differences are ASTOUNDING!

Well, the same thing has been going on with biblical terminology for almost 2,000 years now since the First Century. Contrary to the opinions of Evolution, the human race is NOT "getting better and better!" We're not "evolving"; if anything is true, we're DEVOLVING! When one leaves mankind to their own devices, they will inevitably DEGENERATE! It didn't take long for such decay to become evident. The first signs were in the 200s and 300s A.D!

IF you can trust the original languages of Greek and Hebrew, and IF you can accept that our biblical knowledge has DECAYED over the last 2,000 years, then PERHAPS you can accept what I've been saying.

See, the problem is not with the Scriptures. The problem is in our UNDERSTANDING of the Scriptures. Through several different languages and many revisions and rewrites of the Scriptures, what we have today is but a SHADOW of what was originally written. However, even if you accept the truth that the underlying truths of Scripture haven't changed, our DEFINITIONS of certain key words HAVE changed over the centuries. Furthermore, to complicate things even farther, our liturgies and practices and rituals have also degenerated down through time. Even our "statements of faith" are subtly different!

In my lifetime, I've noticed two major changes:

First, the word "heaven" used to mean "anything over one's head" when I was a kid. It applied to the sky and to the "abode of God." Now, the word almost STRICTLY means the "abode of God" (wherever it is) and "sky" STRICTLY means "the earth's atmosphere" or "what we can SEE overhead."

Second, the word "resurrection" used to STRICTLY mean "the bringing back to life of the human body." Now, thanks to sermons and songs like Resurrection by Nicol Sponberg in which she sings "I'm in need of resurrection," talking about bringing order and peace back to a life full of pain, sorrow, and chaos, the word is used "spiritually" for healing in a person's life! Many no longer look for a General Resurrection at the Second Coming (or at the Rapture), but feel that the word "resurrection" is something that occurs INDIVIDUALLY during one's lifetime!

I will do my best for you, but (and this may sound trite) you will have to listen to the Holy Spirit.