IGNORED

Is It Wrong For the Pope to Change Jesus' Word in the Bible?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

I think Pope Francis is dangerous and I think he will be false prophet .. 

Whoever agrees with or approves of any pope is destined for resurrection to judgment, not eternal life.

Not one pope has ever been a true follower of Jesus, nor born again, ever.  It could not be  ,  as no believer could be the head of such a totally wicked and evil counterfeit, ever.

(unless they (whoever) turn to Yahweh (God), repenting of their sin, to be saved by Jesus)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, existential mabel said:

Answer: Revelation 22:18-19 contains a warning to anyone who tampers with the biblical text: “For I testify together to everyone who hears the Words of the prophecy of this Book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add on him the plagues that have been written in this Book. And if anyone takes away from the Words of the Book of this prophecy, God will take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which have been written in this Book.” The question is whether these verses refer to the whole Bible or just the Book of Revelation

ANY Word Revealed by Yahuweh (God) to ANY of His men,   anytime, anywhere, (not just Scripture/ Torah/ Tanakh) .

Just think what would happen to someone, to anyone,  who took a private confidential letter from the President of the United States,   and before they delivered it to the King of any country,   CHANGED IT !  

How much more will God execute His Word,  as He Promised,  upon ANYONE who changes His Word any time !?

(thus,  almost every bit of every rcc parish is completely doomed - a few might escape judgment if they are allowed to repent and leave that place)

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

21 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

As I have tried to maintain, those of true faith can understand God's Holy Spirit inspired Word and Truth clearly as He said it and as He explains it via His Holy Spirit without relying on fallible man, especially man-serving man-pleasing man to say what God said and to say what God meant .. it is GOD'S Word, not man's, and God rises above man's language, culture, and all else that is man to make His Word ALL for ALL for ALL time .. man's words to say and explain God's Word are totally inadequate and are becoming more and more the Tower of Babble (yes, I mean babble) .. the more intimate a relationship one develops with God, the more God reveals Himself and He does so according to the readiness of the person to understand and He does so in His Way and His Timing .. so, for anyone to add to/delete from/change God's Word is sinful and no matter what it does, one can never distort, corrupt, destroy God's Word and Truth as it is from and protected by the Holy Spirit .. 

And on this note ,   it flat out don't matter what the pope says ,  I wont be heeding anything from Him .     And may I go to my grave heeding nothing that man has got to say .

OH let us follow Christ and be encouraged in the LORD .    Just cause the popes lips are moving , don't mean I gotta sit and listen to him .    

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Margo1945 said:

I would listen to him and heed him if I believed he was truly a man of God but I don't believe such .. I believe he will be the false prophet in the one world government .. I may be wrong but it is what I believe

I know many people who agree with you...

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/6/2019 at 4:22 AM, Journey365 said:

This was in the news today.. Do you think that because the Bible says (2 Tim 3:16-17) 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. Is the Pope right in doing this? Do you believe he is changing Jesus word?https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pope-francis-made-this-big-change-to-lords-prayer/ar-AACrehe?ocid=spartandhp

How could the Pope be changing Jesus' word if we have translations?

A translation is never perfect because they are NOT translated word for word...this is impossible.

I believe this is a good idea because "lead us not into temptation" makes it sound as if it's God that is bringing us into temptation and Jesus did not MEAN that at all.

I have no problem with this....

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

On 6/5/2019 at 10:22 PM, Journey365 said:

Do you believe he is changing Jesus word?

I don't believe that he's changing Jesus word but rather he approved of a change to a French translation of a Vulgar Latin translation of an earlier Greek text. The new translation doesn't sound heretical or anything and it doesn't really change the meaning much at all, so I don't see it as a problem. For future reference on such matters of translation, I recommend starting with the commentaries of Matthew Henry and Adam Clarke. Then with those as reference you can better understand where the newer commentaries are coming from since many reference them. Now, if you want another conundrum from the translation of the Lord's Prayer that's puzzled scholars for centuries, look at the translation of the Greek word ἐπιούσιον or the transliterated epiousion. It's at the end of the phrase that in the KJV reads "Give us this day our daily bread." It was translated "daily bread" but if you look back the actual word appears in NO other known Greek writings. It's only known use is in that very verse. (no where else in the NT either). Scholars as far back as the early Church writer Origen, have debated it's meaning and origin. Origen even went so far as to suggest it was just a word that the early church leaders or disciples (or even Matthew himself) made up. Some have surmised that it's a conglomeration of two Greek Words, transliterated epi and ousios. Then they jump through hoops to determine what the meaning of such an hereto unknown word conglomeration could possibly be. Although I'm not Catholic, I kinda like the interpretation of St. John Chrysostom the 4th century Archbishop of Constantinople who thought that the bread for which we pray is only “bread for today.” He said that "it is not for wastefulness or extravagant clothing that we pray, but only for bread and only for bread on a daily basis so as not to worry about tomorrow" This was at a time when many Catholic leaders insisted that it was about the Eucharist. This doesn't fly in my opinion since the word part "ousion" refers to substance of a thing or sustenance and so daily sustenance or daily bread wouldn't refer to the Eucharist as it's more general. This theory is derived from the fact that epi, when used alone actually is a comparative adverb that indicates excellence and so excellent sustenance or bread must be the Eucharist. Scholars to this day still can't find any empirical evidence of even the words existence much less it's meaning in any other ancient Greek writings and so still debate the word. Sorry, didn't mean to get off on such a tangent but since I'm not concerned by the French translation change, I thought I'd throw out another bone just for discussion.

Edited by unworthyservant

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

If he did this, it would be consistent with the actions of past popes. It is my belief that if they are comfortable with altering the 10 commandments, as well as the Sabbath day established by the scriptures, then this should come as no surprise.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Regulus said:

If he did this, it would be consistent with the actions of past popes. It is my belief that if they are comfortable with altering the 10 commandments, as well as the Sabbath day established by the scriptures, then this should come as no surprise.

It is very unlikely they will outdo the  Blasphemies they have already dreamed up.....let them play around all they want.....who cares?.... it’s small potatoes at this point......

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:34 PM, Margo1945 said:

it is wrong for anyone to add to/delete from/change the Word of God but no matter how man inadvertantly or deliberately tries to distort, corrupt, or destroy God's Word and Truth,

do you say this about the "FAther of Protestantism" Martin Luther?

He changed the Word drastically.. added the word "alone" to the part that says we are saved through faith so that it would mean what HE wanted it to mean: we are saved by faith alone. But that was one of the heresies the Catholic Church rejected (rejected about 45% of his 95 Thesis or whatever it was called).

He taught something that Christians had NEVER believed in: that we are saved by faith and do not have to do good works, and that no matter what we do after accepting Christ, we cannot go to Hell.

LIE! BIG FAT LIE from HELL

Jesus never said anything like that and you people who go by the Bible alone realize this.. I don't even think his modern Lutheran followers believe that anymore.. Time heals all heresies.. hopefully

Edited by createdequal

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 9/24/2019 at 1:40 AM, Margo1945 said:

As far as the Sabbath Day goes, Jesus said at one point that "the Sabbath was made "for" man, not man for the Sabbath" .. I honestly do not think it matters if we observe it on Saturday as do Jews or on Sunday as do Gentiles as both Jews and Gentiles who are truly Christian are equal in God's eyes .. also, Christ rose from the dead on a Sunday, so, maybe, that is good cause to make Sunday God's Day in a special way .. I guess we should strive to make each and every day God's Day .. in today's world, people don't always have a choice about what days they have to work and all need to earn a living, so they need to make any day or days off special to God and to family .. I don't think God would tell a man or woman who needs to work on a Saturday or Sunday to live that he/she should quit his/her job and go without necessities or try to get welfare aka social security .. I think we need to rely upon the Holy Spirit in this instance to enlighten us as to what each of us is to do .. 

Matthew 7:21-23 says, 'Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.'

We should endeavor to obey what scripture says, no matter how trivial it may seem to us. If the bible says that the 7th day Sabbath should be kept holy, then that is what we should do until God says otherwise. Remember Adam and Eve... remember how we got here.