• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,084
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - June 6, 2019

Friend, fill up!

Jeremiah 31:31-33 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

This Saturday evening begins the celebration of Shavuot. Most Christians might recognize this as the celebration of Pentecost in Acts 2. However, the very first Shavuot actually took place fifty days after the Israelites crossed the Red Sea about 1500 years before Acts was even written. It was on this day that the law was given on tablets of stone.

Interestingly, it was also fifty days after the resurrection of Jesus that Shavuot was celebrated again. But this time, the law of God was written upon the hearts of men, just as God promised through the prophets Ezekiel and Jeremiah.

Shavuot is both a celebration of the God's faithfulness in the early harvest and an anticipation of the abundance of the harvest yet to come. This day, a couple of thousand years ago, 3000 Jewish people came to faith in Messiah. The day will soon come when those for whom we've been weeping and petitioning God in prayer will come to know the Lord and all of Israel shall be saved!

Friend, let's pray for a fresh infilling of the Holy Spirit today, and let's anticipate great things! Be praying for revelation for those we love who haven't yet seen the truth of the Lord. And please also be praying for the salvation of Israel!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: Check out our new Facebook page for answering readers questions about news, politics, religion, Israel, and ministry.

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
'Wake up call': 1M new STD infections daily
More than 1 million new cases of sexually transmitted diseases pop up across the world every day, a figure that shows health officials have made little progress in curbing infections over the course of about five years.
Trump says 'at least' $300B in new China tariffs possible
President Trump said Thursday that while trade negotiations remain ongoing with China, his administration was preparing 'at least' $300 billion in new tariffs on their goods if the talks fall apart.
U.S. tightens Venezuela oil sanctions, indicates more actions to come
The U.S. Treasury Department on Thursday tightened its pressure on Venezuela’s state-owned oil company by making clear that exports of diluents by international shippers could be subject to U.S. sanctions.
Trump: ’Not Nearly Enough’ Progress Made in Talks Between Pence and Mexican Foreign Minister on Trade Tariffs and Immigration Crisis
'Not nearly enough' progress was made in a discussion between Vice President Mike Pence and Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard Wednesday, according to President Trump, who decided last month to place a 5% trade tariff on all Mexican goods entering the US until Mexico stems the tide of migrants coming through its northern border.
Trump, Macron agree Iran must not develop nukes
President Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron said Thursday they agree on the need to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons and hope to renew talks with Tehran.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Over 10,000 march in Jerusalem Pride Parade under heavy security
Chanting for equality and holding aloft brightly painted signs supporting LGBT rights, some 10,000-15,000 people marched in Jerusalem’s annual pride parade Thursday evening, with over 2,000 police securing the highly charged event four years after a deadly attack on participants.
Anti-aircraft missiles fired at Israel's Hermon, fall inside Syria
Several anti-aircraft missiles were fired toward Mount Hermon from Syria on Thursday, the second such incident in under a week.

Inside the United States
FBI wiretap petitions for Trump campaign contained key errors
Four FBI wiretap applications targeting a Trump campaign volunteer were more inaccurate than previously known based on subsequent investigative information, an analysis shows.
Washington Supreme Court Upholds Ruling against Florist Who Refused to Serve Same-Sex Wedding
The Washington Supreme Court on Thursday upheld its previous ruling that a florist’s refusal to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding violated the state’s anti-discrimination laws.

Christian News
Protests Over Death of Nigerian Christian Man Lead to More Reprisals by Muslim Fulani Herdsmen
Another spate of violence against Christians by Muslim Fulani Herdsmen occurred in Nigeria's Plateau State last week, following the discovery of a Christian man’s body that led to protests by Christians against repeated Muslim aggression.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyministries.com an email.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions
George Whitten

Follow Us on Twitter
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA