Sign in to follow this  
Blood Bought 1953

Who Needs Rules? Not Christians

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You say you “ understand” and then you go on to say, “ to read- not disregard” Nobody is being told to “ disregard” the Bible.I keep trying to get that across to no avail.Some see it, others don’t .It’s a little “ spice” to those that know how to rest in Christ. They and they only will understand the underlying intent of the post.That post is neither here nor there in the larger scheme of things.Resting in the Finished Work us very important. I think we are in agreement about that, right?

This is a quote from your original post, Blood Bought:

“But then you turn to the last page and find a surprising message written in large letters:

If you love your spouse, disregard this book.  You don’t need it.”

See?  

Edited by Sonshine☀️
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

I understand what the other side is saying and I know why.I am dismayed that so many get side- tracked by the part of the article that was never meant to be taken literally, and miss the larger point that is akin to St Augustine’s brilliant observation... “ Love God, and live as you please”. If one understands , that's great— if you do not understand, it can never be explained,apparently . 

• Oy Vey! 1

if some understand and others don't, is that coz the others are not truly Christian or is it that you are being an author of confusion and God is not an author confusion, so if that is what you are doing, and I say if, you are not doing God's Will .. why not just put the whole problem to rest by stating in no uncertain terms what your point is .. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

if some understand and others don't, is that coz the others are not truly Christian or is it that you are being an author of confusion and God is not an author confusion, so if that is what you are doing, and I say if, you are not doing God's Will .. why not just put the whole problem to rest by stating in no uncertain terms what your point is .. 

God is not looking for rule keepers per se....He is looking for the one thing He can’t create—Love.He is wise enough to know that true obedience comes from Loving Him.If you Love God , Everything that is important to God will follow, perhaps kindness and compassion towards others as opposed to putting out that cigarette that those who don’t know the heart of the Law obsess about.This is why God makes the #1 Commandment “ Love the Lord, with all your heart, mind and soul.He wants us to keep the rules because they are good for us . He knows how to get the results that He wants— Grace and Love.If you love God, everything else that is necessary and near to God’s Heart will follow.God’s Holy Word is the most valuable thing in the Universe- Mr.Ellis knows that as well as anyone .The Bible reveals a God who “ loved us first”.Our love for Him is the response He wants from that.Mr. Ellis was giving a pretend example of what that would look like.Jesus is returning— returning to see if their is any faith in the land , returning for those that “ love His returning” Jesus paid the price for our rule- breaking.A true belief and appreciation of that fact will not lead to “a license to sin.” The Grace of God leads to thankfulness,humility, and Love.Following rules is great , but it will lead to pride,like the Pharisees had.Only Trusting the Grace of God and resting in it, like the essay of Ellis tried to illustrate, will lead to loving God ......Keeping rules is what religion ( which is Christianity’s opposite,btw) is all about, rules are written details of what would happen naturally if all we do is love God.That was the point of it all. God bless

• Oy Vey! 1

Heb 5:8  Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9  And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

This passage is saying Jesus Himself learned obedience thru the things He suffered.  verse 9 really puts perspective to it thou... unto all them that obey. and being made perfect???... Jesus... whut whut?  this paints a whole different picture... dont it? 

Joh 14:21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Joh 14:22  Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Joh 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Joh 14:24  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

according to this if you do not keep His commandments you wont really know Him.  and its not just two commandments, its sayings, according to Jesus.  When we study the precept of "sayings" we find it encompasses a whole lot... more than i care to type up.  or even copy and paste. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

I was wondering, with all the traffic in this thread, would it be considered sleazy to shamelessly promote one of my favorite Bible teachers ? Please Google “Rene Roland Salvation You Tube” Hang on to your wigs and keys, please.....WARNING: Legalists ....have some Pepto within reach.....you’re gonna need it!

On 6/7/2019 at 7:31 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Found this article by Paul Ellis at the site.. “ Escape to Reality”..........lots of great stuff at this site

Imagine it’s your wedding day. You’ve had the ceremony, and you’re starting to relax when the minister hands you a gift, a thick book of Marriage Rules. “Read this,” he says. “The secret to a happy marriage is found within.” 

You open the book with interest. Inside you discover many rules and guidelines: “Be honest, be kind, always tell the truth, listen well, keep your promises, say ‘please’ and ‘thank you,’ freely forgive, don’t covet your neighbor’s wife,” and that sort of thing. Initially you think, This is gold! I want a successful marriage, so I will do everything this book says. 

You keep reading and find there are more rules for marriage than you could possibly have imagined. There are rules for special days and different seasons, rules on what to eat and what to wear, rules on property rights, rules regarding intimacy, rules on family planning, and hundreds more. Phew! I never knew marriage was such hard work. But I want a blessed marriage, so I’ll follow the rules. I’ll even take this book on our honeymoon.

But then you turn to the last page and find a surprising message written in large letters:

If you love your spouse, disregard this book. You don’t need it. If you love your spouse, you will keep all the rules effortlessly.

This should be good news. What relief! I can leave the book at home and enjoy my spouse.

Yet there are some who won’t do it. They’ll keep the book just in case. But there is no just in case. There is no conceivable situation where the rules could replace true love.

Do you see?

If you love your spouse, you don’t need the book, and if you don’t love your spouse, all the rules in the world aren’t going to help.

Some treat the Bible as though it were a book of rules for how to be married to Jesus. They think they will have a happy marriage if they do everything the Bible says, or at least everything Jesus says.

But love doesn’t work that way.

If you love Jesus, you don’t need the rules, and if you don’t love Jesus, the rules aren’t going to help. Love comes from the heart, not a book.

i have a question for u, what is love and how do u know how to love

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You say you “ understand” and then you go on to say, “ to read- not disregard” Nobody is being told to “ disregard” the Bible.I keep trying to get that across to no avail.Some see it, others don’t .It’s a little “ spice” to those that know how to rest in Christ. They and they only will understand the underlying intent of the post.That post is neither here nor there in the larger scheme of things.Resting in the Finished Work us very important. I think we are in agreement about that, right?

Resting in the finished work and putting on our armour for the battle and that means meditating on His word and using it in our every day lives😊...can I ask you a question? Do you meditate on the word of God? I'm not meaning to be judgemental, it's just to understand a bit better 🙃

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I was wondering, with all the traffic in this thread, would it be considered sleazy to shamelessly promote one of my favorite Bible teachers ? Please Google “Rene Roland Salvation You Tube” Hang on to your wigs and keys, please.....WARNING: Legalists ....have some Pepto within reach.....you’re gonna need it!

Thanks, I like the way she explains things, simply...although she did say not to listen to certain preachers and one being Paul Washer...I love Paul Washers preaching, I feel convicted when I listen to him and also encouraged 😊 hope you have a blessed day...

Conviction and encouragement is not what Apostle Paul showed when sharing with the Gentile believers about teachers, which to hear and which to disregard, remember there was even a bar Jesus, a false prophet. Apostle Paul we do know, and Jesus Christ, but who are other Paul's.

Unfortunately it seems to come without conviction and encouragement, when Paul shames the believers into realising, all else is just not good enough. 

Firstly, search the scripture's like crazy to see if these things are true..

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Now notice the teachers, none of them, only the right one and awake to righteounsess..
1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

1 Corinthians 4:For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

2 Tessalonians 3: For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this