• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/19/1982

Ive prayed on this for a little more than week now. After last nights brutal war against elements. Ive decided... 

When i first was goven this test by God. I was a mess entirely. But i told myself and i said Jesus, I know i am good and devoted Christian. i will not steal or harm others as ive seen done before me. (I assumed all homelesa people were thieves and vagrants eventually from movies and society etc. Lol)  but i said I will not beg.  I will not bother unless i am at my lowest rock bottom.  Well a friend lf mine told me about gofundme.   I actually laughed and i told him i told God I will not beg sorry its gonna be a long time till that happens. Well the thought stayed and ive prayed over the thought. Then i woke up this morning and i had realized that 1 of my backpacks were missing.  I stepped out of my tent and noticed my bike was gone and my area ive been staying was entirely in disarray. During the night i was robbed and someone cut a nice 2 foot slit in my tent.  So i prayed.   And decided. Im starting a GOFUNDME.  Does anyone know how to start something like that?   And if so please advise.  How do i do i do it? Where should i post it? How do i go about asking? What do i say or not say.   Im not good at asking for help.ive never been good at that. Thak u and God Bless.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, Cjohn376 said:

Ive prayed on this for a little more than week now. After last nights brutal war against elements. Ive decided... 

When i first was goven this test by God. I was a mess entirely. But i told myself and i said Jesus, I know i am good and devoted Christian. i will not steal or harm others as ive seen done before me.

A 'good and devoted Christian' in stead will pray for God to help him find employment.
You ride a bike, are you able to do work of some kind?
Go to your (a) church, ask for work, and not charity as you say.
God will honor that, as His child needs help.
I see you do carpentry work. I've been a carpenter for over fifty years.
When I saw the job winding down, I simply would walk up to another job site
and ask if they needed another carpenter.
Most job sites always seems to need a good carpenter.
Work as an apprentice or helper, anything, and get your foot in the door.
Trust in the Lord for employment.
Don't hold your breath waiting for confirmation from God for 'GoFundMe'

"For even when we were with you, this we commanded you,
that if any would not work, neither should he eat."
  2 Thess, 3,1

GoFundMe Chairman and CEO Rob Solomon ,

"One of the biggest problems that GoFundMe faces, according to Solomon, is copycats.
Fraudsters try to capitalize on the public's desire to help people in need by creating imitations of
legitimate crowdfunding campaigns, sometimes copying their pitches word for word."

Im not a disgenuine person in any means im not looking nor asking for handouts. Its people who are false and have ill intention that stigmatize the essence of helping those in genuine need. I have a job. Thats not the concern. My situation has forced me to circumstances out of my control. Due to the nature of this situation i have concluded asking for help. Though embarassing as it has been i have faith that through Jesus anything is possible. I have many skills and finding work is not the issue. I have a job. Though i may not have a home. Imagine having your entire life stripped away and the only people you can turn are people that have done you harm. Yet you forgive them though they never asked or felt remorse.  Knowing you have nothing left and being turned away from everyone that you held dear despite the pain they caused. No home no food.  Though i still wake up and go to work and manage to become who i need to be cause i know i will have a place in heaven. I have walked with Jesus and he has shown me that sometimes you have to be shown what is truly worth value in order to appreciate value. I have never been someone to beg for anything accept for the love of Jesus Christ. And Im not a vagrant or a thief. Im a man who was shown the beauty in being humble and given a test by jesus to secure my place in heaven by following him in how he sees fit, and i will prevail. Things were created for those in need and when you do need, asking for help is harder than anyone should have to know.  Embarrassing and sorrow shouldnt be a feeling when asking for help but it is cause society forgets that people in need are still people. Until they are the ones that need. All i asked for was help to get help.  God bless 

Deuteronomy 33:12

“Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.”

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

We are not allowed to solicit funds or go fund me links on Worthy Christian Forums.  Please don't try to do that.  You are not allowed to ask for money or help from anyone here.  The most you can ask for is our prayers.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

I wasnt soliciting funds i never asked for money let alone would i.   If you read what i posted you would see that.  I somply asked if someone knew how to setup a page. Not once did i even solicit anything from anyone.  Let alone someone from a godly site. Let me make that clear.    But you can adhere to what you think truth is known by God and when it comes time.  He knows what intention was put here and what u are accusing is false.  My conscience is clear. No false statements on my behalf.   so God be with you. 

Judge not, that you be not judged. 

Good day.    

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/01/1917

We're praying for you, Cjohn, but don't turn your nose up at charity. You're in the exact situation that it was designed for: fallen upon hard times. I trust that the lessons that God wants to make good use of in your future will make you realize just how important a real, dynamic and active relationship with The Living God is and that you grow in every area as you go THROUGH this experience. This is not your destiny. God has a design for your life. Ask Him to speak to you, personally, about what you need to be doing / not doing as you go through this. Listen. He will answer. He always does. Too many don't realize the blessings God has for those who wait in silence, trusting Him ESPECIALLY when things look their worst. He will deliver. Whether it's GoFundMe, Salvation Army, handouts or hand-ups; He knows what your next steps are and He will lead, guide and direct you in all Truth. Everything you need for life and godliness are in His Word. I suggest that you read Psalms and Proverbs out loud to yourself and expect God's Presence. He will turn up. He always reveals Himself to those who seek and search for Him with their whole heart.   :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Organized charities tend to demand some degree of responsibility from recipients of their assistance.

Anyone with access to the internet can find gofund me  and receive the information  on starting an account.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

24 minutes ago, Cjohn376 said:

I wasnt soliciting funds i never asked for money let alone would i.   If you read what i posted you would see that.  I somply asked if someone knew how to setup a page. Not once did i even solicit anything from anyone.  Let alone someone from a godly site. Let me make that clear.    But you can adhere to what you think truth is known by God and when it comes time.  He knows what intention was put here and what u are accusing is false.  My conscience is clear. No false statements on my behalf.   so God be with you. 

Judge not, that you be not judged. 

Good day.    

Hi Chris, I read your post and know you were just asking how to set up a page.    I think if you go to that website, they tell you how to do that.   Also, do try the Salvation Army....they are really good at helping people.

I remember you are working.

For the benefit of others, rents in Southern California are extremely expensive.   For example, for a one bedroom I pay $1216 a month....and that is considered extremely low!   I get a rent increase every year.   My rent is lower because I have been here for many years.   I share the rent.

Now apartments in Los Angeles are going for $2200 and that is on the low end.....most in my business neighborhood are $2500 at least.

So the above is how people are becoming homeless more and more here.   People can't pay these rents.  Some have unexpected medical bills which puts them on the streets.   Families and seniors are now on the streets.  Big business manages these apartment buildings and they are not compassionate....they will put you out.

Anyhow, just wanted to explain a little of the situation in Southern California, where Chris is living.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

I figured it out i never know how to go about asking anyone for anything. Ivve always been entirely insistant on doing it for myself.  Its the fear of ridicule that sets most from refraining to even ask for help. Afraid to be chastized for doing so. I meant as i didnt know how or what to say to ask.   Its demeaning to ones self reliance. Anyhow its done and seeing as how the one place i felt i could openly express myself without fear of being judged did just that. I will be on my way.    For those who were genuinely praying for me i thank you.  I will always hold your names in my heart.  I literally wrote usernames in my prayer book so that you will forever be in my prayers.   GOD BLESS YOU ALL. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/01/1917

God bless you. I bless you. I've been where you are and hope that you will keep your eyes focused on Christ and not on lost people, other Christians or (worst of all) Christians or rather 'professing' Christians who hold people in your position in contempt. I once had to point out to my pastor at a church that I belonged to and was a security guard at that the homeless guy that was dirty, discheveled and smelly... that he just might be God knocking on our door. We know that Jesus will say to many, "I was hungry and you didn't feed me..." and yet so many turn their nose up when He's laying in the street wounded, naked, thirsty or hungry. We will get treatment from our God exactly the way we treat our fellow-man. The law of reciprocity is always in force: whatever you sow is what you will reap.

• Loved it! 1