Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

I recently was in a hospital because I have heart disease. My nurse for the day came in and asked me what is the most important thing in your Life. this hospital identified with being a mission for Christ. I didn't hesitate to say the most important thing in my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ, and that is the truth.

I have had heart blockage now for 19 years. Life for me is walking the razors edge and years are waning. When we are young we have ambitions and dreams but now being seventy  three and retired one begins to understand that all of those things are worthless. I been a believer for 35 years and I have known that truth for a long time. Christ is our identity and there simply is nothing else. When we are young we want to find an identity and it can be just about anything. It is all for nothing except your identity  is Christ alone, and to all who find that identity in their heart we have the gift of eternal life.

Jesus said if any man loves his life in this world  he will lose it, but if anyone would lose his life for his sake will find it. For me there was no other answer for her question. If we have our identity in Christ we have life. and everything else is vain. Jesus told of a man who thought having wealth was his security for retirement. This is what the world strives for. stock up your port folios for retirement living. Where I live is a haven for rich retirees. Jesus said of the man you fool, for  today your soul will be required of thee. He exclaimed NO NO not now! I have worked hard all my years for this   moment to sit on my porch and enjoy my retirement years. I have all the good things now New car a retirement home best that money can buy. I play golf and enjoy living next to a beautiful lake. with my boat and jet skies. Surly you can't take me now.              

What is the most important thing in your Life ?

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I cannot disagree Mike. My identity is in Him, nothing is remotely comparable to that!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

I recently was in a hospital because I have heart disease. My nurse for the day came in and asked me what is the most important thing in your Life. this hospital identified with being a mission for Christ. I didn't hesitate to say the most important thing in my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ, and that is the truth.

I have had heart blockage now for 19 years. Life for me is walking the razors edge and years are waning. When we are young we have ambitions and dreams but now being seventy  three and retired one begins to understand that all of those things are worthless. I been a believer for 35 years and I have known that truth for a long time. Christ is our identity and there simply is nothing else. When we are young we want to find an identity and it can be just about anything. It is all for nothing except your identity  is Christ alone, and to all who find that identity in their heart we have the gift of eternal life.

Jesus said if any man loves his life in this world  he will lose it, but if anyone would lose his life for his sake will find it. For me there was no other answer for her question. If we have our identity in Christ we have life. and everything else is vain. Jesus told of a man who thought having wealth was his security for retirement. This is what the world strives for. stock up your port folios for retirement living. Where I live is a haven for rich retirees. Jesus said of the man you fool, for  today your soul will be required of thee. He exclaimed NO NO not now! I have worked hard all my years for this   moment to sit on my porch and enjoy my retirement years. I have all the good things now New car a retirement home best that money can buy. I play golf and enjoy living next to a beautiful lake. with my boat and jet skies. Surly you can't take me now.              

Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

There Are really only two types of churches—- The “do” church and the “ done”  church. May I humbly suggest the latter......some say a LOT rides on the proper choice 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I have worked hard all my years for this   moment to sit on my porch and enjoy my retirement years. I have all the good things now New car a retirement home best that money can buy. I play golf and enjoy living next to a beautiful lake. with my boat and jet skies. Surly you can't take me now.       

When Lazarus died the Rich also died because his chance to help was over. Do you understand why God don't take you now.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

To run the race as though to win it.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

To understand his will, and be willing to follow his instructions set before me...

Specifically his instructions to me...not to someone else's. 

His commandments made known towards to me, which no one else knows....besides the two commandments...love God, and love to obey him, when he tells you to disobey the generic commandments...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

7 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

When Lazarus died the Rich also died because his chance to help was over. Do you understand why God don't take you now.

I hope you don't think I was referring to myself with this analogy. My Lord can take me now if he so desires. What could this world give then what He has given me I have none of these world things. I have to budget my SS everyday just to get by. Still I have Love for My Lord and I am not forsaken. He is with me always to help and see me through. 

I do have a motor cycle that I love but trying to sell it. It will be hard to part with it when it is sold. Yet there is nothing that I would give up for what I have in Christ. He will never be for sale. 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

the most important thing to me is my relationship with Jesus & finding out his plan for my life & what he wants me to do :)  i'm sort of stuck in a runt about what he wants me to do & what parts of my life I need to surrender to him

Edited by shortangel
no t