• Days Won:  194

Oh, Glorious Love of Christ

1. In my darkness Jesus found me;
Touched my eyes and made me see;
Broke sin’s chains that long had bound me;
Gave me life and liberty!

CHORUS
Oh, glorious love of Christ my Lord divine,
That made Him stoop to save a soul like mine.
Through all my days, and then in heaven above,
My song will silence never,
I'll worship Him forever,
And praise Him for His glorious love.

2. Oh, amazing truth to ponder;
He whom angel hosts attend,
Lord of Heaven, God’s Son, what wonder;
He became the sinner’s friend!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

12 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Oh, Glorious Love of Christ

1. In my darkness Jesus found me;
Touched my eyes and made me see;
Broke sin’s chains that long had bound me;
Gave me life and liberty!

CHORUS
Oh, glorious love of Christ my Lord divine,
That made Him stoop to save a soul like mine.
Through all my days, and then in heaven above,
My song will silence never,
I'll worship Him forever,
And praise Him for His glorious love.

2. Oh, amazing truth to ponder;
He whom angel hosts attend,
Lord of Heaven, God’s Son, what wonder;
He became the sinner’s friend!

That’s a lovely one @turtletwo

Thank you for sharing that. Xxx

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

Because Of You - Matt Redman.

There's a place where the streets shine
With the glory of the Lamb
There's a way we can go there
We can live there, beyond time

Because of You, because of You
Because of Your love, because of Your blood

No more pain no more sadness
No more suffering, no more tears
No more sin, no more sickness
No injustice, no more death

Because of You, because of You
Because of Your love, because of Your blood

Oh, our sins are washed away
And we can live forever
Now we have this hope
Because of You

Oh, we'll see You face to face
And we'll dance together
In the city of our God
Because of You
True, true, true

There is joy everlasting,
There is gladness, there is peace.
There is wine ever flowing,
There's a wedding, there's a feast.

Read more:  Matt Redman - Because Of You There's A Place...(All Around The World Version) Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Edited by marvelloustime
More lyrics
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

(Another one of my absolute favorites!)

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus  Louisa M. R. Stead

1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

3. Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Edited by Jubilea
added author
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

I love this one.

1. O soul, are you weary and troubled?
    No light in the darkness you see?
    There’s light for a look at the Savior,
    And life more abundant and free!
    • Refrain:
      Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
      Look full in His wonderful face,
      And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
      In the light of His glory and grace.
    •  
  3. Through death into life everlasting
    He passed, and we follow Him there;
    O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
    For more than conqu’rors we are!
  4. His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
    Believe Him, and all will be well:
    Then go to a world that is dying,
    His perfect salvation to tell!
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19

Who Thy Love, O God, Can Measure?
by F. Allaben

Who Thy love, O God, can measure-

Love that crush'd for us its Treasure,

Him in who was all Thy pleasure,

Christ, Thy Son of love?

Couldst Thou bruise Him, there forsaken

On the cross His love had taken

'Gainst Thy Son Thy sword awaken

'Gainst Thy Son of love?

Couldst Thou crush Him, Man of sorrow?

Pierce His soul with wrath's fierce arrow?

Melt that heart, rend joints and marrow

Doom Thy Son of love?

Cross that outraged Love Paternal!

Cross of agonies Supernal!

Cross of grief of The Eternal!

Cross of boundless love!

• Praise God! 2

Who Thy Love, O God, Can Measure

One repeated phrase in this song is "Thy Son of love" and the context of God sending Christ to die for our sins reminds me of this parable of the vine-growers:
Luke 20 9-18  And He began to tell the people this parable: "A man planted a vineyard and rented it out to vine-growers, and went on a journey for a long time. At the harvest time he sent a slave to the vine-growers, so that they would give him some of the produce of the vineyard; but the vine-growers beat him and sent him away empty-handed. And he proceeded to send another slave; and they beat him also and treated him shamefully and sent him away empty-handed. And he proceeded to send a third; and this one also they wounded and cast out. The owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.' But when the vine-growers saw him, they reasoned with one another, saying, 'This is the heir; let us kill him so that the inheritance will be ours.' So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. What, then, will the owner of the vineyard do to them? He will come and destroy these vine-growers and will give the vineyard to others." When they heard it, they said, "May it never be!" But Jesus looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written: 'The stone which the builders rejected, this became the chief corner stone'? Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust."

by F. Allaben

Ephesians 3:18-19  May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Of Christ in Isaiah 53:5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.
Of Jesus in Matthew 3:17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."
Christ, Thy Son of love?
Jesus says in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Of Christ in Isaiah 53:10 But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
On the cross His love had taken,
Hebrews 12:2  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
'Gainst Thy Son Thy sword awaken,
Of Jesus in Zechariah 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd , and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
'Gainst Thy Son of love?
1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Couldst Thou crush Him, Man of Sorrow,-
Of Christ in Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and forsaken of men, A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; And like one from whom men hide their face He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
Pierce His soul with wrath's fierce arrow,
Of Christ in Zechariah 12:10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn."
Melt that heart, rend joints and marrow-
Of Christ in Psalm 22:14  I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me. 
Doom Thy Son of love?
Of God in Romans 8:32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things ?

In the parable of the vine-growers, Jesus says Mark 12:7-9 "But those vine-growers said to one another, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance will be ours!' They took him, and killed him and threw him out of the vineyard. What will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the vine-growers, and will give the vineyard to others."
Cross of agonies supernal!
Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, Lama Sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Of Christ in Isaiah 53:4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted.
Cross of boundless love!
Psalm 36:5 Your lovingkindness, O LORD, extends to the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

9 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

One repeated phrase in this song is "Thy Son of love" and the context of God sending Christ to die for our sins reminds me of this parable of the vine-growers:
Luke 20 9-18  And He began to tell the people this parable: "A man planted a vineyard and rented it out to vine-growers, and went on a journey for a long time. At the harvest time he sent a slave to the vine-growers, so that they would give him some of the produce of the vineyard; but the vine-growers beat him and sent him away empty-handed. And he proceeded to send another slave; and they beat him also and treated him shamefully and sent him away empty-handed. And he proceeded to send a third; and this one also they wounded and cast out. The owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.' But when the vine-growers saw him, they reasoned with one another, saying, 'This is the heir; let us kill him so that the inheritance will be ours.' So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. What, then, will the owner of the vineyard do to them? He will come and destroy these vine-growers and will give the vineyard to others." When they heard it, they said, "May it never be!" But Jesus looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written: 'The stone which the builders rejected, this became the chief corner stone'? Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust."

by F. Allaben

Ephesians 3:18-19  May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Of Christ in Isaiah 53:5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.
Of Jesus in Matthew 3:17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."
Christ, Thy Son of love?
Jesus says in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Of Christ in Isaiah 53:10 But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
On the cross His love had taken,
Hebrews 12:2  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
'Gainst Thy Son Thy sword awaken,
Of Jesus in Zechariah 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd , and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
'Gainst Thy Son of love?
1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Couldst Thou crush Him, Man of Sorrow,-
Of Christ in Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and forsaken of men, A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; And like one from whom men hide their face He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
Pierce His soul with wrath's fierce arrow,
Of Christ in Zechariah 12:10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn."
Melt that heart, rend joints and marrow-
Of Christ in Psalm 22:14  I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me. 
Doom Thy Son of love?
Of God in Romans 8:32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things ?

In the parable of the vine-growers, Jesus says Mark 12:7-9 "But those vine-growers said to one another, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance will be ours!' They took him, and killed him and threw him out of the vineyard. What will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the vine-growers, and will give the vineyard to others."
Cross of agonies supernal!
Matthew 27:46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, Lama Sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Of Christ in Isaiah 53:4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted.
Cross of boundless love!
Psalm 36:5 Your lovingkindness, O LORD, extends to the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

@turtletwo

What beautiful scriptures. I have just read through them all and so refreshing and gives all of us who are in Jesus such comfort, security and looking forward to such a wonderful eternal future with Him.

Thank you for posting this.

Love you sis. Xxx

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

On 10/16/2019 at 2:34 PM, marvelloustime said:

@turtletwo

What beautiful scriptures. I have just read through them all and so refreshing and gives all of us who are in Jesus such comfort, security and looking forward to such a wonderful eternal future with Him.

Thank you for posting this.

Love you sis. Xxx

@marvelloustime You're welcome. I'm happy that it was a blessing to you.

Love you, too.

• Praise God! 1

A Mighty Fortress is Our God

by Martin Luther in 1529

A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark never failing;

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with His pinions, And under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.

Our helper He, amid the flood of mortal ills prevailing:

Psalm 54:4 Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is the sustainer of my soul.

For still our ancient foe doth seek to work us woe;

God said to Satan in Genesis 3:15 "And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."
1 Peter 5:8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

His craft and power are great, and, armed with cruel hate,

Hebrews 2:14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil

On earth is not his equal.

1 John 5:19 We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

Did we in our own strength confide, our striving would be losing;

Romans 5:6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

Were not the right Man on our side, the Man of God’s own choosing:

2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

Dost ask who that may be? Christ Jesus, it is He;

1 John 4:4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

Lord Sabaoth, His Name, from age to age the same,

Romans 9:29 And just as Isaiah foretold, "Unless the Lord of Sabaoth had left to us a posterity, we would have become like Sodom, and would have resembled Gomorrah."
James 5:4 Behold, the pay of the laborers who mowed your fields, and which has been withheld by you, cries out against you; and the outcry of those who did the harvesting has reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.

And He must win the battle.

1 John 3:8b The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

And though this world, with devils filled, should threaten to undo us,

Ephesians 6:12  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

We will not fear, for God hath willed His truth to triumph through us:

1 John 2:14 I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, andyou have overcome the evil one.

The Prince of Darkness grim, we tremble not for him;

Of Jesus in Colossians 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

His rage we can endure, for lo, his doom is sure,

Revelation 20:10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

One little word shall fell him.

Hebrews 2:14-15 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.

That word above all earthly powers, no thanks to them, abideth;

Of Jesus in John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Of Jesus in John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Spirit and the gifts are ours through Him Who with us sideth:

Jesus said of the Holy Spirit in John 16:7 "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you."
Of Jesus in Ephesians 4:8 Therefore it says, "When He ascended on high, He led captive a host of captives, and He gave gifts to men."

Let goods and kindred go, this mortal life also;

Jesus said in Matthew 19:29 "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name's sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life."
Matthew 16:24-25 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it."

The body they may kill: God’s truth abideth still,

Jesus said in Matthew 10:28 "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

His kingdom is forever.

Of Jesus in Luke 1:33 "and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end."
Revelation 11:15 Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever."
  • This is Worthy 1