• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/8/2019 at 8:14 PM, iamlamad said:

to SHORTEN those days of GT

It's hard to find two people who's theology and hermeneutics completely agree understanding the Book of Revelation. I've studied scholars and trusted expositors commentaries, and they all differ and vary on Revelation. 

In your post, did you notice where and how many times the word "time" is mentioned? What exactly is "time" and how do we use it and how does it function? We're all aware of our current measurement of the 24 hour a day and day and night cycle. Let me propose something a little off the wall that would make sense pertaining to "if those days were not shortened, no flesh would be saved". But it's still going to be 1,260 days.

What happens to society, precision and military operations if the cycle of "time" as we know it is broken? If we for a lengthy period of time lose 1/3 of daylight our cycle and measurement of "time" must change. Sure, the Earth still completes one revolution in a 24 hour period, but the observation and timing doesn't reflect reality because day and night cycles have drastically changed. Seems to me an adjustment in "time"would need to take place to keep up with the current conditions and environment? 

The days would then be shortened (time), but not by the prior 24 hour days before the darkness came. Just something I've pondered...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

It's hard to find two people who's theology and hermeneutics completely agree understanding the Book of Revelation. I've studied scholars and trusted expositors commentaries, and they all differ and vary on Revelation. 

In your post, did you notice where and how many times the word "time" is mentioned? What exactly is "time" and how do we use it and how does it function? We're all aware of our current measurement of the 24 hour a day and day and night cycle. Let me propose something a little off the wall that would make sense pertaining to "if those days were not shortened, no flesh would be saved". But it's still going to be 1,260 days.

What happens to society, precision and military operations if the cycle of "time" as we know it is broken? If we for a lengthy period of time lose 1/3 of daylight our cycle and measurement of "time" must change. Sure, the Earth still completes one revolution in a 24 hour period, but the observation and timing doesn't reflect reality because day and night cycles have drastically changed. Seems to me an adjustment in "time"would need to take place to keep up with the current conditions and environment? 

The days would then be shortened (time), but not by the prior 24 hour days before the darkness came. Just something I've pondered...

I suspect many have pondered such a thing.

14 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I never said i hadnt read Maccabees.Ive read the Quran and Hadith also but that doesnt make them the word of God.

Maccabees is a false interpretation of prophecy.The time of the end was not in 167 bc.Daniels prophecies were not fulfilled in 167 bc.

There is a reason why Jews who follow the phariseees teaching can,not understand what is soon to befall them.They wont even understand the armed forces soon to occupy Jerusalem,under Trump.All they willknow is the conscription is no longer and they will be glad.They will not understand anything just as you do not understand.You have ignored the entire chapter because you put so much faith the the interpretation of the pharisees.

It was the time of the end of THEIR time: that is the 4 generals that took over from Alexander. Daniel was talking in chapter 8 about THEIR time, the 4 generals and their empires. I agree 100%! What Antiochus did was not what Jesus was talking about; but it was a TYPE of what Jesus was talking about. There is still an abomination event coming. 

14 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Jesus never referenced the falsr intetpretatipn of the pharisees as you do.

Jesus plainly stated the abomination of desolation would be a sign of his coming at the end of the age.That alone shows the interpretation of the pharisees to be false.

Daniel even states the abomination of desolation would be set up at the time of the end.What makes you think the time of the end was in 167 bc?

Obviously you have not understood me. In Daniel 8 he was talking about the end of THEIR time, the 4 generals who took over after Alexander. 

I agree there is still an abomination coming. I have never said anything contrary to that. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

You seem to have missed the conversation.We are talking about 167 bc,not 70 ad.The Pharisees did not interpret the abomination of desolation as being anything in 70 ad.

I missed nothing, this is countering your notion that he Pharisees were "WRONG" on everything, they weren't, Jesus told his disciples to listen t what they said, but not follow what they did. So they indeed missed that Christ was the Son of God, as did most of Israel, they were looking for a Political Conquering Hero, they missed the Suffering Servant. 

To say they were wrong on everything, would be to say Jesus misled his disciples however. You seem to go to the extreme on your understanding of that issue. They were brilliant men, as was Einstein, however there is but one way unto God, and that is by Faith. Nicodemus was close. 

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Good thought brother, but I think the smoke of the Trees and Grasses burning dim the light by a 1/3. The Trumpets are a warning of a certain proportion. The Vials are the climax and the Judgments are thus in full. I think its fairly obvious Jesus' original plan shortens the life that the Anti-Christ would lead under normal worldly circumstances. None of Gods plans will need to be changed. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

14 hours ago, iamlamad said:

It was the time of the end of THEIR time: that is the 4 generals that took over from Alexander. Daniel was talking in chapter 8 about THEIR time, the 4 generals and their empires. I agree 100%! What Antiochus did was not what Jesus was talking about; but it was a TYPE of what Jesus was talking about. There is still an abomination event coming. 

It was the time of the end thier time?

ROFLOL

Daniel said resurection would take place "AT THAT TIME".

Can you inform us of the date in 167 bc when the resurection took place?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

12 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

I missed nothing, this is countering your notion that he Pharisees were "WRONG" on everything, they weren't, Jesus told his disciples to listen t what they said, but not follow what they did. So they indeed missed that Christ was the Son of God, as did most of Israel, they were looking for a Political Conquering Hero, they missed the Suffering Servant. 

To say they were wrong on everything, would be to say Jesus misled his disciples however. You seem to go to the extreme on your understanding of that issue. They were brilliant men, as was Einstein, however there is but one way unto God, and that is by Faith. Nicodemus was close. 

So you believe the pharisees are not wicked but wise as recorded in the book of daniel?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

"Jesus told his disciples to listen t what they said, but not follow what they did. So they indeed missed that Christ was the Son of God, as did most of Israel, they were looking for a Political Conquering Hero, they missed the Suffering Servant. "

32 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So you believe the pharisees are not wicked but wise as recorded in the book of daniel?

Read what you quoted.     There's the answer.

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

It was the time of the end thier time?

ROFLOL

Daniel said resurection would take place "AT THAT TIME".

Can you inform us of the date in 167 bc when the resurection took place?

I did not make this up, no matter what you think!

Dan. 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

What verse did you have in mind?