IGNORED

Jesus said love one another as I have loved you...where is the love?

diane32

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, diane32 said:

We are told in the Bible to love one another as Jesus loves us...and we are told to judge with a righteous judgement... I see people doing the judgement part ok but it's the love part that I don't really see much...we get so self righteous about judging that we get lost in it and forgot to love as Jesus does...people are quick to judge but not to love...isn't that sad and hard to take...Do you think if we loved as Jesus did we would be different people and many souls would be coming to Christ through us? What is love? Love is...Jesus hanging on a tree saying "Father forgive them they know not what they do" ??

it depends who u know, i do not judge anyone but have hope for everyone, and my church accepts most people and are very loving, i think u need to find a better crowd and the fact is u are judging people for judging which is ironic.  u need to be more forgiven and look past people's faults and be an example yourself, i always say it does not matter what people do to me, it does not excuse my own behavior.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

35 minutes ago, nobleseed said:

the fact is u are judging people for judging which is ironic.

This would be similar to someone complaining about people who complain, but as Diane32 knows, the problem when we judge others' conduct is that we open up our own conduct to be judged.

1 hour ago, diane32 said:

people are quick to judge but not to love.

So we must forgive people for this, and love them regardless. :heart:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

1 hour ago, nobleseed said:

it depends who u know, i do not judge anyone but have hope for everyone, and my church accepts most people and are very loving, i think u need to find a better crowd and the fact is u are judging people for judging which is ironic.  u need to be more forgiven and look past people's faults and be an example yourself, i always say it does not matter what people do to me, it does not excuse my own behavior.

I said "we" that meant me aswell...I know we are human and make mistakes, I'm glad to hear you are perfect in judgement and don't judge anyone, which I find hard to believe...I meant this as a cry from a heart of desperation for God's people to really learn and seek God to know what it truly means to love and live like Jesus! We all sin and fall short of the gloty of God...no one is perfect no not one...but I do see a lot of people getting annoyed yet proffessing they know the truth better than others...we are all on a journey...and if you loved and didn't judge I'd say you would have prayed for me rather than have to get your point across ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

18 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

This would be similar to someone complaining about people who complain, but as Diane32 knows, the problem when we judge others' conduct is that we open up our own conduct to be judged.

So we must forgive people for this, and love them regardless. :heart:

God knows my heart and the bible tells us our hearts are wicked and deceitful...Yes we must forgive and I didn't say I didn't forgive but what I'm saying is what I see in general in our Christianity. Yes myself included...it is frustrating that we are so good at judging yet profess to be followers of Jesus...doesn't that mean we are to be like Him? Love conquers all...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

3 minutes ago, diane32 said:

God knows my heart and the bible tells us our hearts are wicked and deceitful...Yes we must forgive and I didn't say I didn't forgive but what I'm saying is what I see in general in our Christianity. Yes myself included...it is frustrating that we are so good at judging yet profess to be followers of Jesus...doesn't that mean we are to be like Him? Love conquers all...

Is there any particular experience you have had that stands out as an example of loveless judging by Christians?

Too many to talk about lol maybe I shouldn't have said this in here cos I didn't mean for people to feel judged but I can see now how they would ? I am probably one of the biggest judges but it's easier to see in others sometimes...oops

• Loved it! 1

12 minutes ago, diane32 said:

Too many to talk about lol maybe I shouldn't have said this in here cos I didn't mean for people to feel judged but I can see now how they would ? I am probably one of the biggest judges but it's easier to see in others sometimes...oops

Here's a Scripture passage you may be familiar with, diane32. It helps me time and time again when I am experiencing DEPRIVATION, something that has featured prominently at times in my struggle against the principalities and powers of darkness, and includes the deficit of love about which you have posted.

Hab 3:17-19
(17)  Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
(18)  Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
(19)  The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Here's a Scripture passage you may be familiar with, diane32. It helps me time and time again when I am experiencing DEPRIVATION, something that has featured prominently at times in my struggle against the principalities and powers of darkness, and includes the deficit of love about which you have posted.

Hab 3:17-19
(17)  Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
(18)  Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
(19)  The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

That made me cry, for days I have felt like crying but wouldn't let myself cos I thought if the floodgates opened they'd never stop lol I am not in a good place right now so thank you for that..Glory to God ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 hours ago, diane32 said:

Do you think if we loved as Jesus did we would be different people and many souls would be coming to Christ through us?

Hi, Isolating the one sentence from the overall concern, I suggest the answer is no.

For the unsaved of the world do not love Jesus.

When they see the love of Jesus  in His own they are repelled by them as well. So what might the point of the love of Jesus within the brethren be? I suggest it is - to please God.

" This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you.  No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.  You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.  These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.  If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."