IGNORED

Jesus said love one another as I have loved you...where is the love?

diane32

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

PS , when paul told folks to be bold , or etc ,  don't forget he was TELLING THEM how they ought to be .   And let us never forget that those letters are for all believers through all ages till the end do come .    SO ,  I couldn't help notice what you said earlier about that was paul etc .   WELL it was ,  but he was writing it as an example and said < LET ALL MEN FOLLOW ME

YEP .     lets not heed men or ideas who will take from that true pattern .

My heart weeps for you , but not without hope that you will keep learning and see this simple truth . 

Crying for someone showing you the verses for all I spoke, or, just taking them on, like you even told BB, to do, can you not do as you advise someone else, if you can, HIs voice will not be heard in the street, He will not cry or lift up, and the servant of the Lord must not strive, but be GENTLE, patient, in meekness instructing, it has little to do with being bold, because you are bold if forbidden, or locked up, then you overcome, but if you are in peace, you speak peacefully..

2 Timothy 2: 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Isaiah 42: He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 6/9/2019 at 2:52 AM, diane32 said:

We are told in the Bible to love one another as Jesus loves us...and we are told to judge with a righteous judgement... I see people doing the judgement part ok but it's the love part that I don't really see much...we get so self righteous about judging that we get lost in it and forgot to love as Jesus does...people are quick to judge but not to love...isn't that sad and hard to take...Do you think if we loved as Jesus did we would be different people and many souls would be coming to Christ through us? What is love? Love is...Jesus hanging on a tree saying "Father forgive them they know not what they do" ??

some think that "love" means refraining from saying anything to someone who is in grave sin, like homosexuals. The world tells us we have to accept them. If we do not, we are intolerant, or worse. Well, we do have to accept them but we don't have to accept their "lifestyle" and if we come across as accepting that, we are witnessing against Christ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2 minutes ago, cantankerous5 said:

some think that "love" means refraining from saying anything to someone who is in grave sin, like homosexuals. The world tells us we have to accept them. If we do not, we are intolerant, or worse. Well, we do have to accept them but we don't have to accept their "lifestyle" and if we come across as accepting that, we are witnessing against Christ

There is a difference between correction in love or rebuke in love than just condemning people as if we are perfect...I believe when we truly grasp what it means to be forgiven and set free love will come naturally...I have been rebuked in love a few times and it was hard to take but it was refreshing and helped me see how I needed to accept responsibility for myself...I have also been criticised and judged just because someone doesn't agree with how I said or did something...when we rebuke in love the person will know because God is working in that situation but when we take it into our own hands it just gets messy...I gave out tracts at a gay pride parade and told people my story on how I got saved...one girl asked me to pray for her cos she was suicidal and another was angry at first and hugged me at the end...God worked in my heart and theirs..I saw them as someone blind to son and in need of Jesus just like I was...there were other Christians there that day shouting through speakers and condemnin the gay people to hell, it broke my heart to see such hatred from people who say they are followers of Christ...and it stirred up anger and retaliation among the gay people...it's easy to get angry and judge and condemn but it's not easy to love like Jesus

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, diane32 said:

There is a difference between correction in love or rebuke in love than just condemning people as if we are perfect...I believe when we truly grasp what it means to be forgiven and set free love will come naturally...I have been rebuked in love a few times and it was hard to take but it was refreshing and helped me see how I needed to accept responsibility for myself...I have also been criticised and judged just because someone doesn't agree with how I said or did something...when we rebuke in love the person will know because God is working in that situation but when we take it into our own hands it just gets messy...I gave out tracts at a gay pride parade and told people my story on how I got saved...one girl asked me to pray for her cos she was suicidal and another was angry at first and hugged me at the end...God worked in my heart and theirs..I saw them as someone blind to son and in need of Jesus just like I was...there were other Christians there that day shouting through speakers and condemnin the gay people to hell, it broke my heart to see such hatred from people who say they are followers of Christ...and it stirred up anger and retaliation among the gay people...it's easy to get angry and judge and condemn but it's not easy to love like Jesus

well, I am glad you are doing something to love those in error. I have not had a gay pride parade in my area in years, that i knew of, so i have never done what you did. I hope you do not think I am one of those people who would yell in people's faces they are going to Hell for being gay, although it is true that if someone remains in serious sin w/o repenting that is exactly what is going to happen. The truth often sounds harsh but really the truth is neither harsh or soft, but just the truth. However, i have learned in my many years on Planet E that generally speaking, people do not like hearing the truth---(9 times out of 10 that seems true)    

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, cantankerous5 said:

well, I am glad you are doing something to love those in error. I have not had a gay pride parade in my area in years, that i knew of, so i have never done what you did. I hope you do not think I am one of those people who would yell in people's faces they are going to Hell for being gay, although it is true that if someone remains in serious sin w/o repenting that is exactly what is going to happen. The truth often sounds harsh but really the truth is neither harsh or soft, but just the truth. However, i have learned in my many years on Planet E that generally speaking, people do not like hearing the truth---(9 times out of 10 that seems true)    

No not thinking that's what you do but just sharing the difference between telling the truth in love and not in love...I totally agree with you, so many don't want to hear the truth and it says in the Bible don't cast your pearls before swine...God leads us to the right pepole when we seek and trust Him and I believe He prepares their hearts...I told the people I spoke to at gay pride that it is not because they are gay that they go to hell but because they sin and reject Jesus...I am a simple person and I explain things the way I understand so I don't know nearly as much as a lot of Christians do but I know that Jesus died for every single person on this earth and I know we are here to tell them about the love of God...if people are offended that's ok but we are not to be offended...but the truth is we get offended too...

13 minutes ago, diane32 said:

Do you think it is for no reason that God has warned u all that the devil comes as an angel of light and his ministers seem as ministers of righteousness ?

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

The devil persuaded Eve in the beginning, the devil persuaded anyone he was allowed to persuade, into the mouth of every false prophet that ever deceived kingdoms as in the scripture.

God tells us, men come preaching in the end, itching peoples ears, and will they not correct in "love"

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sounddoctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Why are we warned by God about wolves in sheep's clothing, if we are unaware of them, as Jesus told us of the Pharisees and scribes, they are as graves, and men are unaware of them and all they do seems righteous to men ?

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Luke 11:44 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them.
Matthew 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

To say somebody corrects in love, does not mean we recognise what they are, it just means we believed them, we trusted them, and for everyone who trusts in man, God shows we are cursed.

Jeremiah 17:5 [Full Chapter] Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

But why would the devil teach these things, he has most in the world deluded, through the gentle ear tickling ways, so he wont ever teach to beware. If a devils minister did teach to beware of false prophets, he still wants you to believe him and to not find the Lord yourself, without the help of the many false teachers we were warned about, the devil cannot teach against itself, the subtle one who seduces us to death

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

The only way given by the Lord to overcome these seducers for this ending of the world..

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, gordon7777 said:

Do you think it is for no reason that God has warned u all that the devil comes as an angel of light and his ministers seem as ministers of righteousness ?

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

i love the fire and brimstone.. :)

we dont have enough of  these kinds of "sermons" today.. which is why the world is going to hell, literally.. I myself evangelize anonymously because I am afraid of the anger of non-believers (gays included of course). Those people can be vicious if you don't accept them 

1 minute ago, cantankerous5 said:

i love the fire and brimstone.. :)

we dont have enough of  these kinds of "sermons" today.. which is why the world is going to hell, literally.. I myself evangelize anonymously because I am afraid of the anger of non-believers (gays included of course). Those people can be vicious if you don't accept them 

Actually it is because Jesus hid Himself from them, because it is sorrowful, no mater what is said, or what is don, i changes nothing..

John 12:34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

1 hour ago, gordon7777 said:

Actually it is because Jesus hid Himself from them, because it is sorrowful, no mater what is said, or what is don, i changes nothing..

i think we should always talk to someone who appears to want to listen and e ngage in conversation, whether gay or otherwise. We cannot blame young people in particular for thinking they are "gay".. old people seems like a different story.. the saying "There's no fool like an old fool" comes to mind.. I feel sorry for young people who think they are gay just because.. maybe the neighbor declared himself as such or whatever.. When I was young, I was very messed up, even went through a stage where I thoght I might be gay because didn't like the opposite sex (hurt a lot). Jesus brought me out of all my  deception and Jesus is the only one who can do that for others.. but how will they know Jesus if we Christians dont share him.. 

Edited by cantankerous5

Why gay people? Why not religious people or people living together who aren't married? These people get angry too...infact I believe we are all capable of being angry...do you know the truth...Christians put people off Jesus...do you know why? Because we are hypocrites...we say one thing and do another...we expect too much from people who aren't saved yet we think because we are saved we are safe and can judge how we like...I think a lot of Christians think they are loved more than gay people or religious people or whoever...we are no better than anyone else and we were once not saved ourselves...can I tell you one of the biggest things that drew me to Jesus? It was the love I received from other believers, they weren't like people in the world they didn't judge me they loved me, the spoke the truth to me bit they did it by the power of the Holy Spirit...That's the difference...