IGNORED

Jesus said love one another as I have loved you...where is the love?

diane32

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/9/2019 at 2:52 AM, diane32 said:

We are told in the Bible to love one another as Jesus loves us...and we are told to judge with a righteous judgement... I see people doing the judgement part ok but it's the love part that I don't really see much...we get so self righteous about judging that we get lost in it and forgot to love as Jesus does...people are quick to judge but not to love...isn't that sad and hard to take...Do you think if we loved as Jesus did we would be different people and many souls would be coming to Christ through us? What is love? Love is...Jesus hanging on a tree saying "Father forgive them they know not what they do" ??

"see so much".....  since in the world, everyone can act like judge,  and many do,  thus that is much seen.

"it's the love part that I don't really see much" .......  just as written in the Bible - there are few who are able to love

so you won't see love much.     That's "normal" for the world,  same as right before the flood,  and same as in sodom and gomorrah before they were destroyed.   Lot's of judges,  cause judging is easy and common.

Few seen loving,  because few love.  Remember, few ever find the narrow road to life (JESUS).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Heybro said:

Hi there Diane32, as you say, it is easier to look upon others and be judgemental, with a lack of love and grace. The scripture comes to mind about the mote and the log in your eyes. There is so much we get wrong with our theology etc. I personally get encouraged when I remember the words of this chorus. "When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be, when we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the Victory." Here's another, "It will be worth it all, when we see Jesus, life's trials seem so small, when we see Christ. One look on His dear face, ALL sorrow will erase, so bravely run the race, till we see Christ." Amen, God bless.

Dude, sounds like you been singing in my church................default_cool2.gif.cc7a1be865ca71e6658a832cb3b7c6f7.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/9/2019 at 1:17 PM, Not me said:

I hold as true; that making myself obedient to Christ in all things is the greatest gift of love I can give to anybody and everybody For in obedience to Christ is the expression of love to all. 

For that to happen mine (anyone’s) personal relationship with Christ has to always be growing into more than it is. We are told to accept those that are weak in faith and not cast dispersions on their opinions. So when you see/hear other believers passing judgement on whatever their passing judgment on, just love them. Just keep them before God and keep feeding your one and one relationship with Christ for in that relationship is all growth and blessings. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

This is so true...you really made me think and that's dangerous lol but seriously that's so true our obedience to Christ is what others need to see because that is what will help them see how faithful and good God is...I am actually not living as I should at present ? but would really appreciate your prayers...thank you for this comment, it is an eye opener..."I hold as true; that making myself obedient to Christ in all things is the greatest gift of love I can give to anybody and everybody." Wow ??

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:51 AM, Pekoudah said:

You are speaking of the superficial level of modern believers when it comes to obedience to the Lord.

The standard of the Lord...to be holy as God is holy and to love as He loves...is based on a new kind of life which is by grace that is only found when we actually enter into Christ. But this holy standard is seen as too "idealistic" or "unrealistic" and has been rejected in favour of a man-made standard...that of a "saved" status ...which is a dogmatic approach to the bible cobbled together from a few misappropriated verses. How many people consider themselves as "saved" and are just trying to get others "saved"??? It seems innocent enough until you realize that God is being left out of the equation. So we live in a pretend religious world of "actors" where people continue to live for themselves...claiming to be under grace but really remaining as they ever were...sinners. Transgressors.  But who can evangelize the evangelists? Who will pastor the pastors? Who can actually save the ones who already claim to be saved? No one seeks the Lord....no one sees himself as he really is...poor, naked, wretched, and blind. Everyone is rich...or so it seems.

The love of God is found IN Christ. We need to live there to be a conduit for His love to flow to others in the world. If a person doesn't love others as Jesus loves...then that person is NOT IN Christ. Very simple. We can judge a tree by it's fruit. If something is lacking we can humble ourselves and seek God about it. This is not judgment day yet...but that day is fast approaching and all the presumptions and assumptions will be burned away.

We also lack the fear of the Lord. We're rich and smug...spoiled children really. We get upset if we are seen to be lacking. We throw a hizzy fit rather than repent or take things to heart. Did I say spoiled?

Most people don't want to pay the price to live as Jesus in the world. People want Jesus to sacrifice Himself...that is very popular...others sacrificing instead of us..NOT live sacrificially ourselves. We are looking for a "whipping boy" ...a lamb we can sacrifice. But Jesus Christ is not OUR lamb...He is the Lamb of God. No one to be trifled with. God will judge.

AND it takes real faith to enter into an abiding in Christ. Not a human belief. So then we have to betray our own self-interest to follow Christ. It must be by the will of God...and not by our will.

We will reap as we have sown. Are we sowing to the Spirit to reap eternal life? Or are we giving lip service to God while we are actively pursuing the "American dream" of individual selfish ambitions...which just a sowing to the flesh?

How many can handle the carnal meat of this world but are stuck perpetually on milk when it comes to taking spiritual responsibility for the state of the modern church?

The modern cry is "not me"..or ... "what, me worry?" We have become a caricature of the the church described in Acts...all show, no substance.

After reading this post, I felt to share it in its entirety at our little home-gathering Sunday.

I emphasized the first sentence because it summarized the whole, to me:

The standard of the Lord: to be holy as God is holy and to love as He loves...is based on a new kind of life which is by grace that is only found as we enter into

Christ.

The post blessed everyone and especially one brother who brought up Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse; for it is

written, "Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them." 

The law becomes a curse when we try to love.

Edited by In Him
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

12 minutes ago, diane32 said:

This is so true...you really made me think and that's dangerous lol but seriously that's so true our obedience to Christ is what others need to see because that is what will help them see how faithful and good God is...I am actually not living as I should at present ? but would really appreciate your prayers...thank you for this comment, it is an eye opener..."I hold as true; that making myself obedient to Christ in all things is the greatest gift of love I can give to anybody and everybody." Wow ??

I’m glad it blessed you. I will keep you before God that He might enlarge Himself in your innermost being and you might come to know Him in a new and awesome way. 

But know it is good that you feel you are not living up to His standard, for that is Him in your heart calling you to the deeper. 

Continue to  pursue Him with all your heart for He has promised to be found by those that do. 

Blessings, 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

23 hours ago, Not me said:

I’m glad it blessed you

Hi Not me I wanted to let you know that today I was listening to a guy on YouTube speaking about scripture and what it actually means to love Jesus and others and it was basically what you said here about being obedient to Him...God really spoke to me through what you said and today He said it again...He is too amazing for words! I know this is probably something that most people know but for some reason it just made so much sense to me yesterday! Thank you and glory to God! I just wanted to encourage you cos we all need encouraged from time to time ?

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

2 hours ago, diane32 said:

Hi Not me I wanted to let you know that today I was listening to a guy on YouTube speaking about scripture and what it actually means to love Jesus and others and it was basically what you said here about being obedient to Him...God really spoke to me through what you said and today He said it again...He is too amazing for words! I know this is probably something that most people know but for some reason it just made so much sense to me yesterday! Thank you and glory to God! I just wanted to encourage you cos we all need encouraged from time to time ?

Thanks so very much for the encouragement. It does my heart a world of good. For it is soooo true, we are each other’s treasures. So the more we can have Christ formed in us the better. 

Many blessings in Christ, and may He form Himself in you to all the fullness of God. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 6/10/2019 at 3:30 PM, In Him said:

After reading this post, I felt to share it in its entirety at our little home-gathering Sunday.

I emphasized the first sentence because it summarized the whole, to me:

The standard of the Lord: to be holy as God is holy and to love as He loves...is based on a new kind of life which is by grace that is only found as we enter into

Christ.

The post blessed everyone and especially one brother who brought up Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse; for it is

written, "Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them." 

The law becomes a curse when we try to love.

@In Him Amen, sis. Thanks for sharing the enlightening scripture above.

I'm so glad you were able to glean from what I, too found a very helpful post by our brother and share it with your home-gathering. :)

Praise the Lord!

• Loved it! 1