IGNORED

Morgan Freeman, when asked if he blieves in God...

JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

...said he believes in God, but he believes we (man) invented God.

The question is a generic as it is cowardice. "Do you believe in God?"

"Do you believe there is a God?"

Higher power... mother nature... karma... some nondescript being or thing to blame for everything...

The 82 year old actor is right about one thing... man did invent most versions of god in the world.

"Do you believe in the one true God? Creator of all things created? Who revealed himself to man and authenticated his message by his very nature to see the future? Who became a man and laid that life down on a cross to rise from the tomb  three days later to save all who believe in his name? Do you believe in the Jesus of the Word of God?"

Most believers are too afraid to ask so directly.

Or they are concerned somebody they ask might prove them wrong for believing in Jesus of the Word of God.

That's ignorance and cowardice.

Anyone who learns from the Word of God why we believe what we believe is totally assured of the truth. 

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

He hosts a show about God. His views, or the views of the writers, is definitely generic and questionable. So Im not surprised at this. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

He hosts a show about God. His views, or the views of the writers, is definitely generic and questionable. So Im not surprised at this. 

Yes, I've seen it... And it pretty much reeks of humanism. 

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Lol  you are braver than me. I knew from the commercials that I wouldnt be able to stomach it.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

There is nothing as boring as secular tv shows about the Bible, or God, or Jesus.....

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."  1 Corinthians 1:18

We must pray for him.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I've never seen the show but it sounds preety odd to me

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

15 hours ago, JohnD said:

The 82 year old actor is right about one thing... man did invent most versions of god in the world.

"

so true. What does Jesus say about the Father? That is all we really know about the Father, except that Jesus established a Church and that Church speaks for Jesus. The original Christian Church was/is the Catholic Church. Then Martin Luther came along and argued w/ the Church about this and that and finally started his own, Lutheran, church so-called. Then came Zwingli and all the others who disagreed w/ Luther and so on down throughout history. Now we have 60,000 (at least) denominations all claiming to be the right "church." But as bad as the Catholic Church is (and only its members know just how bad it is.. [very bad]), even if 100% of Catholics were evil (and sometimes I think that is so, sorry to say), that does not change the fact that the Catholic Church was the original Church establsihed by Jesus Christ himself (not a mere man like Luther and Zwingli), and the Church is forever ("I will build My Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it" said Jesus, Mt 16:18). Protestants complain about things the Catholic Church teaches and how "off" some of those things are, but what they should really be disturbed about vis a vis the RCC is all the EVIL therein.. and i do not speak just of the sex scandal (those disturbing things are far more concerning than doctrines not fully understand). There is a reason for every doctrine the Church has, and I don't have a problem with what the Church OFFICIALLY teaches (or is supposed to anyway). I have studied this kind of thing fairly in depth. I have studied Catholic Church history, the Catechism, etc.  I have also read the entire Bible and there is nothing in the Catholic faith that contradicts the Bible (calling priests Father does not necessarily imply we think they are God or anything... no Catholic says they are God. Trust me, this one never would, to be sure! [the things i have seen/heard...!)

Anyway, where was I? 

I will say this:

There is more to Jesus than what is written in (our modern versions of) the Bible.. way more. The Catholics know what I mean.. but a lot of Catholics.. I don't even know how to finish that sentence (without sounding judgmental or whatever). Let's just say they don't all act like Christians 24/7. 

Edited by cantankerous5
clarity
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

4 hours ago, kamptlneb said:

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."  1 Corinthians 1:18

We must pray for him.  

this psg sums up my life. Everyone thinks I'm a fool (long story)

it really is foolish to follow Jesus as opposed to.. following the ways of the sinful world.. but of course it is not foolish objectively speaking (the word Objective, as defined by Jesus,  that is)

Edited by cantankerous5

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

He also played as God on Bruce Almighty, a comedy movie, so I can't say i'm surprised.