alaric_w

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Infancy stage: Today I invited Jesus into my car. He is in the back seat observing me. I must do my best to obey all the traffic rules so that he will be please with me. I think God help those who help themselves. Jesus will surely bless those who pleases him.

Toddler stage: No matter how much I tried, I am unable to maintain my patience for inconsiderate drivers on the road. There are rules that I know I should not break but sometimes I choose break those rules. I relocated Jesus onto the passenger seat next to me. Probably, I will be able to perform better with him as a partner rather than an observer. I think if I work together with God, nothing is impossible for me to achieve. I can do all things through Jesus who give me strength.

Adult stage: It did not work out even with Jesus sitting next to me. He did gave me instructions and directions. When I lose my patience and got angry, I disregarded him and did want I wanted to do. Strangely, I did not remember once Jesus got angry with me for disregarding him. Just found out that he is not even accessing my performance. What he wanted all along is to relief all my burdens of being a chauffeur. I vacated my driver seat and Jesus took over. Right now, I am sleeping soundly while Jesus is driving.

Christianity is not what we can do for Jesus but rather what Jesus has already done for us. 

Edited by alaric_w
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

It seems like a very long time since I sat at my parents table and ask Jesus Christ into my life and into my heart. He has brought me through some horrible times. I am not the same person I was 20 years ago and I am not the same person I was 10 years ago. I keep growing in Christ :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

well put, yes Jesus not only has done the hard task but continues to work in our lives

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Betha said:

NICE OP ! but then you spoiled it with your last sentence....yet so very true of present-day Christians ! 'SLEEPING SOUNDLY while Jesus is driving'. Did you know that Yashua is not driving around sleeping or dead Partners ? Eph 5v14, ....Awake thou that sleepest and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. Rom 13v11, ....Now it is high time to awake out of sleep. for now is our salvation nearer than when we first believed. 

TRUE Christianity is supposed to be a 2way relationship, but people fail to be instructed there-in and told to 'sleep soundly...for all is 'finished'. ...Jesus has done it all .  OH what error !  SURE HE has done what we could not do, but that is not the End !

It takes true humility to understand that even with our best foot forward, we are still unable to please God. God considers our righteousness as filthy rags.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

13 minutes ago, Betha said:

There is a difference between OBEYING what GOD tells us to do and between 'doing our own thing.

I can identify with you because I used to think like you. You will understand when get into adulthood.

Edited by alaric_w
  • Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

6 minutes ago, Betha said:

Do i take it OBEDIENCE to GOD plays no part in your christian life ?  Can you be a little more clear as to your meaning....seeing you see me as an INFANT who does not understand yet. 

Hi Betha,

Peace to you. 

Many christian have this wrong thinking that walking in obedience with the effort of the flesh (self-discipline, human endurance, self-determination and will power) equals to walking in the Spirit. Even non-christian who operates only in the flesh can do good works using their human efforts. And if human efforts can please God, we can saved ourselves and Jesus died in vain. If you have sin consciousness or law consciousness, you are still operating under the flesh and your own human effort. Not many christian understood this. The true walk in the Spirit is not being bounded by the law and sin, it is a easy walk by yielding to the desire of the Spirit. When you give yourself to the desires of the Spirit, you will be able to follow all of God's law effortlessly (without human efforts).

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, alaric_w said:

It takes true humility to understand that even with our best foot forward, we are still unable to please God.

That does not seem to be humility.

There is much that man can do that pleases God.

1 Timothy 2, Job 1, Genesis 4, Ephesians 2, Romans 12

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/01/1917

1 hour ago, alaric_w said:

I can identify with you because I used to think like you. You will understand when get into adulthood.

We please God just fine, or He would have not been able to save us from our sins. His selection of us from among the lost proves that He has been pleased, and His Grace is extended to us by the faith we have in Christ that God has given us. We have nothing to brag about, not even our so-called 'adulthood' in faith, but we can brag about our God and His Great Grace. Those who come to Him do so most times out of fear. It takes fear to begin to have wisdom. When we come to know God our initial fear changes to holy reverence. When we draw close to Him and come to know Him as an all-consuming fire: the fear comes back, because it is a great and terrible thing to fall into The Hands of The Living God.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 hours ago, alaric_w said:

Today I invited Jesus into my car. He is in the back seat observing me.

3 hours ago, Betha said:

I relocated Jesus onto the passenger seat next to me.

4 hours ago, alaric_w said:

It did not work out even with Jesus sitting next to me.

Okay so, sounds like steps of progress here, and you realize that well. But, as soon as you allow him from being a co-pilot and trust Him in control, things begin to fall into place with a little less difficulty. This doesn't mean there won't be some times of struggles, but in the long run you'll not regret it. You're growing in the faith, and I find that commendable. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

P.S. I mistakenly posted Bertha's quote instead of alaric_w's. My apologies.  

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Steps? Progress? Sorry I don't buy into such a line of thinking. Salvation is instant, justification by Jesus alone, no steps, and sanctification that is not a progression toward sitting back and going for a snoozing ride along, not by a long shot.

• Thanks 1