• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Steps? Progress? Sorry I don't buy into such a line of thinking. Salvation is instant, justification by Jesus alone, no steps, and sanctification that is not a progression toward sitting back and going for a snoozing ride along, not by a long shot.

Salvation is guaranteed the moment we accept Jesus. But christian maturity is a process. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Betha said:

The point I made was  -you can not be a co-pilot while you are ASLEEP/DEAD....especially if you are only in training yet. Wake up christians !

There is a difference between "Let God" and "Let Go". 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, alaric_w said:

Salvation is guaranteed the moment we accept Jesus. But christian maturity is a process. 

If we are a novice, we are not allowed to do anything, because then we will be pleasing satan.

What maturity have you got, and what maturity have you not got yet ?

1 Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Stage 1..........Holy Spirit pays you a visit 

Stage 2..........Holy Spirit convicts you of sin

Stage3............You experience the horror of your lost condition 

Stage4...........You realize that you are on your way to Hell and it is a just sentence

Stage5.........You see that you need a Savior ( metanoia-Repentance, a change of mind) You previously thought you were OK— the sin of self- righteousness

Stage 6........You put your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior

Stage 7.......pray any equivalent of “ Jesus, save me”

Stage 8.......Jesus saves you and puts His Holy Spirit in you

Stage 9.......God uses a combination of Grace and Chastisement to mold you into the image of His  Son

Stage 10......You “ find yourself” living a life that pleases God, without having to work at it

Stage 11....You die

Stage 12........You go to Heaven and the ONLY reason you got there was because you put your faith in the Shed  Blood Of Christ .

If all of this sounds a little too complicated....it’s not. Just say, “ Lord Jesus, have mercy on me,a sinner” and all of these things will unfold in your life naturally. “ Anybody who asks for mercy will receive mercy”. Trust God and He will get you Home.God bless

Wow this is good. I agreed with you. 

But in between step 8 and 9, there are a few more steps which I am trying to bring across with this posting. 

Stage 8.......Jesus saves you and puts His Holy Spirit in you

Stage 8.1....Thought that I need to follow the law to please God (Jesus done his part, I also must do my part by pleasing him)

stage 8.2....The more I follow the law, the more I understood how hopeless I am and God is never please with him if he assess me based on my human works

stage 8.3....Stop trying and understood that God see me as Jesus and nothing pleases God more than Jesus. God is already pleased with me the moment I accepted Jesus, Jesus has done it all. (1 John 4:17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.)

Stage 9.......God uses a combination of Grace and Chastisement to mold you into the image of His  Son

Stage 10......You “ find yourself” living a life that pleases God, without having to work at it (This is the part where I sleep soundly while Jesus drive my car)

Edited by alaric_w
  • This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

9 hours ago, alaric_w said:

Christianity is not what we can do for Jesus but rather what Jesus has already done for us. 

well, yes and no

we always should remember what he has done for us but I don't think Christianity involves much "sleeping" even though I know you use the term metaphorically. 

christians are doing too much sleeping as it is because more of us need to speak out about the murder of children in the womb. Abortion is becoming (has become) all too common place and nearly acceptable even among so-called christians (and etc)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

26 minutes ago, alaric_w said:

As I see it; continuing toward further maturity is generally referred to as sanctification, with it comes further responsibility.

Salvation is foreknown to God and predestined by Him guaranteed from before the beginning. Knowing of it and accepting is a process by God I suppose, but not one that  is lead by man, as no one seeks God except that God first wills it and really, demands it of an individual.

All of it is of God alone, to His glory alone,  and not of man that one may boast in any manner.

"Stage 8.1....Thought that I need to follow the law to please God (Jesus done his part, I also must do my part by pleasing him)

stage 8.2....The more I follow the law, the more I understood how hopeless I am and God is never please with him if he assess me based on my human works

stage 8.3....Stop trying and understood that God see me as Jesus and nothing pleases God more than Jesus. God is already pleased with me the moment I accepted Jesus, Jesus has done it all. (1 John 4:17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.)"

Your points are lacking a bit.

*.1, not that we thought we need to follow the law to please God, but walking in the steps of that faith of Abraham

.2, as we are justified by the faith, and it is righteousness, 

.3 and when we walk by faith it is the just who do that

.4 the just shall walk by faith, but if any man draw back to sin, the Lord has no pleasure in them.

.5 Abraham obeyed by faith, if we disobey is this faith, no it is not..

Romans 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

As I see it; continuing toward further maturity is generally referred to as sanctification, with it comes further responsibility.

Salvation is foreknown to God and predestined by Him guaranteed from before the beginning. Knowing of it and accepting is a process by God I suppose, but not one that  is lead by man, as no one seeks God except that God first wills it and really, demands it of an individual.

All of it is of God alone, to His glory alone,  and not of man that one may boast in any manner.

i do not agree. No one is put on this earth to end up in Hell. If he ends up in Hell, it is because of his own evil. And salvation is a process (not sure if you believe in osas?).. "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians?) 

"He who endures to the end will be saved"

Even those who "will be saved" are not saved

but will be...

the passage says "He who endures to the end WILL BE," not IS)

Edited by cantankerous5
add

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

good points here :)

7 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Sanctification is either there or nothing is there..

We are in Christ who is sanctification to us, to abstain from lusts is sanctification, what honour if you cant hold yourself in sanctification, chosen to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit which is belief of the truth, elect through sanctification of the Spirit with obedience to the blood of Christ which is grace to you..

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

1 Thessalonians 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.