com7fy8

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

James 1:1 > James says he is a "bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ". So, even though he is so great, he is a servant which is great in Christianity. And this includes being a good example of how to be and how to live in God's love >

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

If he is great, he is our example of how we also can become. Because God's love does the same in each of us, more and more as we grow in Jesus.

James 1:2-3 >

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." (James 1:2-3)

James is a great man in Jesus; yet, he calls us "My brethren". He is not trying to show he is so more than we are, then, but that we are his family in Jesus > "brethren". Even if James might have already been living the way this message says to live, he sees us as his family . . . equals who also can live God's way. All he says to do, in this message, is possible for any person to do, with God > 

"The things which are impossible with men are possible with God," Jesus Himself says, in Luke 18:27.

And so, with this encouragement, what does James say? We can have joy in our troubles. Our Apostle Paul has said,

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10)

So, I see that what James says is a match with what Paul says. And Jesus endured the cross with hope of the joy which was set before Jesus > 

Jesus "for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (in Hebrews 12:2)

And Jesus on the cross is our example, as Paul says and commands us all >

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

So, we can see how James means for us to follow the example of Jesus and our Apostle Paul, by counting our troubles for Jesus to be for joy. And he says "the testing" of our "faith produces patience." Well, our Apostle Paul also says "we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance," (in Romans 5:3) and this I would say is a match, also, with what James says. 

So, God's love in us makes us strong with His almighty strength with joy while we go through things. So, this is not a self-willed, self-controlled thing. And this comes with forgiving, instead of giving in to how wrong people would effect us. Right while Jesus was on the cross, Jesus prayed, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." (in Luke 23:34) And this Jesus did while seeing "the joy that was set before Him" (in Hebrews 12:2).

So, I see how James can mean to learn how to love while we go through hard things, forgiving in prayer, caring for any problem person, like Jesus did on the cross, having hope for any evil person, at all > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7). As we get into loving all people unconditionally, following the example of Jesus, now we are sharing with Jesus and in His own joy, "and your joy no one will take from you." (in John 16:22) In this patience of God's joy, we have almighty keeping  power to keep us in this joy, while keeping us loving any and all people, ready with generous forgiveness like Jesus on Calvary. In God's love and joy and peace, we have almighty power keeping us deeply safe, as Peter and John also indicate >

"And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?" (1 Peter 3:13)

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

So, Jesus and different New Testament writers He uses all say what matches and can help to feed us how to be and love. 

So, thank You, God, for blessing us with this, more and more as we grow in Jesus.

• Praise God! 1

• 4 weeks later...

James 1:4 > 

"But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." (James 1:4)

So, patience which is in God's love has "perfect work". But worldly patience can be how we only keep our mouths shut but inside ourselves we are struggling against anger and frustration and unforgiveness, and we aren't getting anything really good done. 

But in God's love, we are caring and kind and creative while being patient. And God's word says >

"Love suffers long and is kind," in 1 Corinthians 13:4. And we might have noticed how a loving and caring person can be kind to others even while he or she is suffering. And the person can even do good and compassionate things for others.

I now think of how if I am patient with someone who is wrong . . . patient in God's love > I will be kind to the person . . . having compassion >

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 5:2)

I will be creative, even to use my own experience of how I can fail > use my sin problems to help me understand and feel for and have hope for others. 

I think the "perfect work" of God's patience means what is deeper than the good works of love.

While we are being patient in God's love, this love is effecting us in our nature so we become more and more strong in Jesus. And this means we have His things in us, so we "lack nothing." This patience is in Jesus; so it has company ! ! ! :)

And, with this, we have how we can speak the truth in love with one another, that you "may grow up in all things into Him" (in Ephesians 4:15). But "all things" of Jesus includes His creativity, so in this patience we can do things very well.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

yep I agree with everything said here

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2019 at 12:33 PM, shortangel said:

yep I agree with everything said here

Thank you for encouraging us, Short Angel :)

You are welcome to join in and comment. I am sure you have unique things to offer and share. God uses every one of His children.

James 1:5 >

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)