cantankerous5

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I frankly do not understand Christians who believe that they are saved regardless of what horrible sin they may commit after "accepting Christ"

Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery: Go and sin no more

He did not say "Go and sin no more.. unless you have accepted me as your savior, in which  case: Never mind giving up sin"

then there is James 2:12 that says "Faith without works is dead" so if you think you can live in a worldly way just because you were born again, say, 20 years ago and you will still get to Heaven.. not so. If you party all your life after accepting Christ, thinking you will be "saved" anyway, you totally fool yourself and also, you will not even WANT Heaven. You will get used to all that partying and worldliness.. You will go to Hell simply because you have gotten used to the world, the flesh and the devil, if nothing else. You will naturally abhor all things Jesus.. all things Heaven-like. You will not belong in Heaven, where as the Book of Revelation says "no unclean thing will enter" (Revelation 21?)

you  cannot serve God and mammon, as our Lord said. And there are a few other things I could mention but will leave it at that for now

Edited by cantankerous5

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

There is eternal security, the grave is never filled, it is greedy, and if we also seek for ourselves, there is one that seeks for us too, the grave our long time companion, and home, but if we wanted eternal security from the Lord, we kno how He achieved it, by laying His life down for us, and we doing the same shows we actually believe in Him and His righteousness.

The devil wants us to not be careful at all and be free to do as we please, is that not the message in the garden of Eden ?

God wants us to obey Him, because HIs commandment is life, and when we do not, we obey death, both are eternally secure, but it is far easier to get yourself in hell than it is to get into the Kingdom of Heaven, as hell is for many, who seek to not enter there, but Heaven is for few, even though many try to get in and think they are in already for ever and Blessed by God and saved, bu they were only saved from the truth, not by the truth.

Ecclesiastes 12:5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

Proverbs 30:15 The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough:16 The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Luke 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Osas people do not believe that after you accept Jesus you can go out and have all the sins you want without regard to what is right in the eyes of God. Osas people want to live a life pleasing to the Lord, which means not sinning. Osas people believe that if one does sin, the Lord has it covered. 1 John 2

I find that some osnas folks who insist that osas folks think they can just go sin as much as they want to and ignore the Lord are making false accusations against osas folks.

This thread will likely go nowhere except descend into the usual unChristlike fight over eternal security between both sides of the issue.

How can you speak for people, some will believe one way, others another, as there are divisions, but what is divided is not of God, neither is divided opinions.

Neither is it right to speak as if there is one opinion of people n another side who make false accusation against what you uphold, which is also for millions of people you dont know and you accepted them without hearing them, is not not a bit of a wrong accusation.

1 John 2 has a 1 John 3, it's only the very next page and the NEXT STEP, or is that not to be remembered and recognised? How is equality to put blind eyes on and cover the ears and not allow, one scripture from one perspective, then the other side to have their one and add them together for the truth ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Osas people do not believe that after you accept Jesus you can go out and have all the sins you want without regard to what is right in the eyes of God. Osas people want to live a life pleasing to the Lord, which means not sinning. Osas people believe that if one does sin, the Lord has it covered. 1 John 2

I find that some osnas folks who insist that osas folks think they can just go sin as much as they want to and ignore the Lord are making false accusations against osas folks.

This thread will likely go nowhere except descend into the usual unChristlike fight over eternal security between both sides of the issue.

Our eternal security IS JESUS ,   now let all continue in HIM and by HIM faithful to the end , HEEDING the HOLY SPIRIT lest any man fail of the grace of GOD .

JESUS is our grace , let us heed his unctions daily and walk after the SPIRIT , faithful to the end .  And if any does err,  be lightining fast to correct them .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

11 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I'm sorry but I am struggling to make sense of what you said. If you are always saved once you are saved but .. I mean,  that means you can sin all you want.. 

or may as well mean that in any case

10 minutes ago, gordon7777 said:

There is eternal security, the grave is never filled, it is greedy, and if we also seek for ourselves, there is one that seeks for us too, the grave our long time companion, and home, but if we wanted eternal security from the Lord, we kno how He achieved it, by laying His life down for us, and we doing the same shows we actually believe in Him and His righteousness.

i understood all except this

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Here is a trivia question   .  What is the difference between What JESUS said , GO and sin no more

and what paul said ,  LET Inquity not be named ONCE among you as becomes saints .

NOTHING .

LET us have this same identical mindset .      Yall have a blessed day now .  

JESUS shall supply all we need to overcome the evil .  AS ONLY HE CAN .     wait ,  this is impossible to claim as legalism .

FOR I POINT to CHRIST , not me , TO CHRIST .  so say this with me ,  IN US we CANT , BUT IN CHRIST WE CAN .      Going to be tough to rise up against this simple truth

ANd if any does err,   LIGHTINING fast , LIGHTINING fast correct such a one .   Confess your faults and PRAY , DO PRAY that ye may be healed .  Let anything lame

be healed .    

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Our eternal security IS JESUS ,   now let all continue in HIM and by HIM faithful to the end , HEEDING the HOLY SPIRIT lest any man fail of the grace of GOD .

JESUS is our grace , let us heed his unctions daily and walk after the SPIRIT , faithful to the end .  And if any does err,  be lightining fast to correct them .

Jesus has testified, it cant be covered up, people seem righteous and speaking and showing us God, but all they wish inside is what the devil in them guides them to, to makae one child of hell more than themselves..

Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hellthan yourselves.

they did not hear or regard this waning, they re not meant to, they are ordained to this condemnation..

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.