cantankerous5

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

to nzzek this is nonsense, soon the nonsense wont be mentioned..

Luke 14:And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, gordon7777 said:

Boasting is not saved, sitting high is not the right place, what gospel teaches your way, do you know any parables of the kingdom of Heaven, they are last least lowest ?

Boasting in me is not saved .  BUT I BOAST IN HIS WORKS .     BOAST IN THE LORD .     Friend you keep seeing the right kind of baosting as wrong .

I will boast ALL DAY LONG in the LORD and that I am saved SOLEY BY HIS GRACE .    To be honest , no man can  stop me from this BOASTING .

My confidence is not in man  , govts , systems and for sure not in me either .  OH BUT IT IS IN THE LORD and in that confidence I will boast and nothing can stop me .

SO ENJOY IT .  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

21 minutes ago, cantankerous5 said:

you don't have a clue what I "trust in" whether self or Jesus or whomever.  I sincerely doubt I am going to Hell because I love Jesus AND obey Him (and Jesus said Only those who obey his commandments love him) but does  that mean that I know without any doubt whatsoever that I will end up in Heaven? Well, again, I doubt I will end up in Hell. I am 99.9% sure I will not, but as a matter of absolute logic, no one knows 100%. You cannot tell me you know exactly where you will go when you die.. wouldn't believe you if you did (which i guess you did. I don't believe you)

and there is such a thing a s Purgatory. I do not believe in Purgatory, I KNOW it exists. We are in a state of purgation right now, we Christians. To follow Jesus means being purged of our inclination to.. do things incompatible with Jesus and his holiness. So purgation begins on this earth and if life gets interrupted, and we cannot become sufficiently purged to enter Heaven (where "no unclean thing will enter") we will be allowed to continue that purgation. Only Christians go to purgatory, by the way, another misunderstanding those outside the RCC have about Catholicism. Only those who accept Jesus and adhere to his ways go to Purgatory, but hardly anyone who dies is ready to enter straight into Heaven, where no unclean thing enters.. a lot of people die trying to forgive Aunt Margaret for that remark made 20 yrs ago and what have you.. they try to forgive but aren't there yet, ergo the need for further purgation. It is Jesus who does the purging, whether in this life or the next 

One clue is you trust in, no , you "know" , that a myth ,  a false teaching, exists. 

Where does that put you in everything else then , since you swallowed such a big deception ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

15 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Rome has sold a bill of rotted figs to the masses .    And praying to mary and the saints will save none .     OH mary is blessed and I will call her blessed .

But praying to her , to saints , or angels ,   NO WAY and NO HOW .   I PRAY TO GOD through ONE NAME ,  THE NAME OF JESUS .     Please stop seeing this as an attack .

SEE it as TOTAL LOVE that desires none to perish  .  PLEASE flee rome and the mass of her protestant daughters too .     LET US SEEK and WORSHIP HIM in SPIRIT and TRUTH .

well, that is what you have been taught. There is a lot of malicious stuff directed @ the Catholic Church by not only Protestants but the liberal media. I am more/less used to it. But I know more about Catholicism than you do because I have been Catholic virtually all my life. There was that time when I wasn't going to any church.. that was when i was a lot younger, but even then i never stopped considering myself Catholic, never disliked the Cahtolic Church or anything like that. Today, i dislike what is truly dislike-able about the CC: bad "catholics" Yes, i can be a bad one too, but not egregiously bad.. There is nothing wrong with the actual teachings of the Church. And no Catholic in his or her right mind ever said that MARY saves anyone. Praying to someone is no different than merely talking to someone. Are you idolizing when you talk to your biolgical mother? I am not idolizing when i talk to Mary and sometimes I do because she is Jesus's mother and our mother also (Jesus gave Mary to the Apostle John when Jesus was dying on the cross, John representing all of us..)

more progress would b e made if people would attack the REAL problems (in the Catholic Church) ... but I realize not all have studied the Cathlic religion as I have.. hence all the bizarre ideas people have about it

Edited by cantankerous5
typo

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Boasting in me is not saved .  BUT I BOAST IN HIS WORKS .     BOAST IN THE LORD .     Friend you keep seeing the right kind of baosting as wrong .

I will boast ALL DAY LONG in the LORD and that I am saved SOLEY BY HIS GRACE .    To be honest , no man can  stop me from this BOASTING .

My confidence is not in man  , govts , systems and for sure not in me either .  OH BUT IT IS IN THE LORD and in that confidence I will boast and nothing can stop me .

SO ENJOY IT .  

This is the last time then, everybody on earth boast the same exact way, all boast I am saved, they are not. The narrow way is unseen, raer, for few,. they sit lowest, they wait to be judged, they wont so much as lift up their head to heaven, the pharisee STOOD and prayed to himself.

Luke 18:And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Two parables, the mesasage is the same, for this world of exalted pretend believers..

for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

What parables, what Kingdom of Heaven do you show belief in ? You show ignoring of it only..

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, cantankerous5 said:

There is nothing wrong with the actual teachings of the Church.

They reject Jesus.  That is what is wrong with the "actual teachings" .

They directly oppose all Scripture,  and deny the Power of God to save,  yet they maintain a counterfeit appearance of religion and claim to praise God , with their lips,  but their heart is far from Him, as He Himself Says and also as He Himself Shows throughout all Scripture throughout History....

• This is Worthy 1

8 minutes ago, cantankerous5 said:

well, that is what you have been taught. There is a lot of malicious stuff directed @ the Catholic Church by not only Protestants but the liberal media. I am more/less used to it. But I know more about Catholicism than you do because I have been Catholic virtually all my life. There was that time when I wasn't going to any church.. that was when i was a lot younger, but even then i never stopped considering myself Catholic, never disliked the Cahtolic Church or anything like that. Today, i dislike what is truly dislike-able about the CC: bad "catholics" Yes, i can be a bad one too, but not egregiously bad.. There is nothing wrong with the actual teachings of the Church. And no Catholic in his or her right mind ever said that MARY saves anyone. Praying to someone is no different than merely talking to someone. Are you idolizing when you talk to your biolgical mother? I am not idolizing when i talk to Mary and sometimes I do because she is Jesus's mother and our mother also (Jesus gave Mary to the Apostle John when Jesus was dying on the cross, John representing all of us..)

more progress would b e made if people would attack the REAL problems (in the Catholic Church) ... but I realize not all have studied the Cathlic religion as I have.. hence all the bizarre ideas people have about it

NO there is a major difference between me making a request to my mother , than me bowing down and praying to her in her name .    major difference .

PRAYER may have requests , but its not the same as me just asking someone for something .   I don't bow before men and pray to them in their name for a request .

I know you all have been taught its not worship .  BUT IT IS .     We can justify anything but only what GOD says TO DO is worthy TO DO and what HE says not to do

we better not do .    And making images and bowing to them ,  YEAH .  HE SAID NOT TO DO .  

Just remember this ,    I teach CHRIST and contend for the true faith ,  most folks teach and contend THEIR OWN RELIGOIN and men who made it so .

Why don't the folks just return to the true and early pattern JESUS SET and those apostels kept .    Rest assured not a one of them ever prayed to mary

or bowed to images and made prayers .    In fact on the day of judgement when Paul, james , jude , even mary and all true saints judge all,

Rest assured they gonna have some serious beef with why ROME told men to pray to them and NOT GOD ALONE  .     WE better heed this man .  WE better heed this well .

14 minutes ago, gordon7777 said:

This is the last time then, everybody on earth boast the same exact way, all boast I am saved, they are not. The narrow way is unseen, raer, for few,. they sit lowest, they wait to be judged, they wont so much as lift up their head to heaven, the pharisee STOOD and prayed to himself.

Luke 18:And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Two parables, the mesasage is the same, for this world of exalted pretend believers..

for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

What parables, what Kingdom of Heaven do you show belief in ? You show ignoring of it only..

And what is this to me .    I know lots of folks boast they are saved and say LORD LORD .     And are not saved at all .

But its because they do exactly what JESUS warned all not to do.  WHY DO YOU CALL ME LORD , LORD and yet DO NOT the things which I command .

Therefore I say unto you , whosoever hears these sayings of mine and does them , built his house ON THE FOUDATION

but those who hear and do not ,  GOT No foundation , its on sinking sand .

As james once said , BE YE not hearers only , DECIEVING your own selves .      What other folks do is what they do .  As for me , I SHALL BOAST

all day and night IN THE LORD .  I AM SAVED because JESUS DID ALL THAT WAS NECESSARY FOR ME TO BE SAVED .  ANd by THE GRACE OF GOD

I Follow HIM and obey HIM and may I do so faithful TO the end .  HE shall supply ALL , not some , not most , BUT ALL I NEED .     BOAST N THE LORD

and let all BOAST IN THE LORD .  But let their fruits determine who they truly follow .    For a man is known by his fruits .     

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, cantankerous5 said:

I frankly do not understand Christians who believe that they are saved regardless of what horrible sin they may commit after "accepting Christ"

Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery: Go and sin no more

He did not say "Go and sin no more.. unless you have accepted me as your savior, in which  case: Never mind giving up sin"

then there is James 2:12 that says "Faith without works is dead" so if you think you can live in a worldly way just because you were born again, say, 20 years ago and you will still get to Heaven.. not so. If you party all your life after accepting Christ, thinking you will be "saved" anyway, you totally fool yourself and also, you will not even WANT Heaven. You will get used to all that partying and worldliness.. You will go to Hell simply because you have gotten used to the world, the flesh and the devil, if nothing else. You will naturally abhor all things Jesus.. all things Heaven-like. You will not belong in Heaven, where as the Book of Revelation says "no unclean thing will enter" (Revelation 21?)

you  cannot serve God and mammon, as our Lord said. And there are a few other things I could mention but will leave it at that for now

I am not making a case for one doctrine or another, so please do not apply any trigger words I may use that may temp some to put me in a pre judged category of doctrine/ false doctrine .

I personally do not know any "Christians (Christ like born again people)" that think what you are implying in the way your implying it is true. 

But,  I do know, have known some people that are/were stuck in darkness, still captived in bondage to sin, or had a loved one trapped in the path of destruction (we don't even want to talk about), that teach that, like you have said. I see it almost as an encouragement to themselves and others, If they have enough faith, they know if they can just get their hand on the hem of his gown he will heal them and save them. He has done it many times and i am a witness of that. They know the Love of God demonstrated through Christ is greater then any ones bondage or sin. While at the same time they are crying Jesus saved me, save them, they are teaching to have faith with no evidence of Gods movement in their life "yet". They are believing His will to save, is His will done on earth as it is in heaven. I see absolutley nothing wrong with it because fundamentally it is an absolute trueth. And when our hope for salvation is in him alone, we will not be put to shame. 

One of the things Jesus demonstrated and the apostle broke down for us to understand is that God has swung the door to heaven wide open for "any one" that realizes they need Christ. Christ is available and anyone can approach him and "WHOA" to those who try to block heaven to anyone. But, at the same time. The door way is narrow and a single file entry through Christ. Two can hear the same message but only one will enter in. 

With all that said. no man will enter heaven unless he/shr is born again by the Spirit of Christ  in him. For our resurrection is dependant on the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead being in us. No one with a unrepentant heart and seared conscious toward sin has Christ in them. But, Christ can save them too. We have the councel of the Holy Spirit, convicting us concerning, sin, rightouessness and Gods judgment if we are born again.

We can proclaim the Gospel, keep the doors to heaven wide open to anyone. Which we must by the way. But at the same time Salvation is of the Lord and it is his amazing work produced by His Spirit for His Glory. Believing things hoped for having faith that God can do abundantly more then we have hoped for. Our hope is never in vain when we put it in Christ to save. So you can try to judge all day long who God will and won't, has and hasn't saved but that will just make you a faithless hypocrite that now believes salvation is a work of man and not a miracle of God.

I think you may be confusing discipleship, church discipline, discerning between the flesh and spirit, fruit, immaturity, matutiry, gifts and false teachers, wolves among sheep, cautions and warning for believers, people who need deliverance mistaking all the dicpleship teachings with the "Good News" of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.. 

Faith without works is dead so the body of Christ has work to Do. But, that work is to testify to the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, to advance and expand and open the kingdom of heaven to man, to encourage, comfort, extort, compel, correct, rebuke and pray for one another till our Lord's Return with patience, kindness, long suffering, keeping no record of wrongs. Hoping, enduring and believing.

We can lead horses to water but it's up to each horse if they will drink. BUT, by faith, in hope and praying with all my heard believing My Lord, King of Kings, Lord of Lord, Creater of Heaven you are able to make them so thirsty, they will eventually drink. PLEASE Lord let them drink. If your task is to water the horses you wont leave the well till all have drank lest one be lost. But, a person put in charge of reaching the destination has a different job and different prayer.

Edited by Reinitin
Was in a hurry and it didn't make sence.
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

15 posts per hour?

This thread has the earmarks of going of the rails into another ridiculous debate that will be shut down, closed or deleted, and I cannot help but wonder, if we should not consider creating a special area on these forums, and exclude certain member from participation there.

Be careful how you conduct yourselves, especially those of you who are obsessed with this topic. It becomes a headache at times for us who want to keep discussions civil, and sensible, and maybe just illuminating those who do not care to conduct themselves in that manner, well be the ultimate solution for that problem.

I am not the one who sets the policies here, but I will certainly consider making suggestions. Fair warning!

• Thanks 2