• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

well, that may look like a dumb question on the face of it but it really is not

I trusted Jesus years ago when I was first born again. But as the years went slipping by, I went far from him, not even realizing, on a conscious level, that that was exactly what i was doing. I lived in a very liberal city and I had never been taught well, concerning Christian beliefs/practices. I was raised Catholic and was taught that you don't fornicate or have an abortion but other than that, i was not taught much of anything. We went to Mass every Sunday and then the rest of the week we just did.. basically what everyone else in the world seemed to be doing: going to school, to work, etc.. "everyone doing what is right in his own eyes"

those were the good old days.. LOL (long story there..)

so anyway, i still believed in and loved Jesus but my life did not show it and as the years went by, that became more and more true and i fell into some seroius sins and my life went off the rails. Then I did something most here probably would never do.. I prayed the rosary. 

even I have no idea why I did that. It was there and i picked it up and began to pray the rosary prayers, something i had never planned on doing.. It was God who had me do that, i don't care what any of you guys say because my life did a big 180.

now, true, some things in my life went in a way i did not want.. which reminds me of Jesus telling Peter that one day he would not be able to go where he wants.. etc.. (signifying the way St Peter would die)

but anyway, my whole life changed and I was back with Jesus.. which.. I know those words don't tell you much.. which is why I started this thread.. Trusting Jesus means different things to different people. What it should mean to all is.. following him wherever he may lead..

following truth is following Jesus.. but truth can be a little scary, if  it is not truth we are familiar with. I say  this because Jesus leads us in very peculiar ways... 

Edited by cantankerous5
typo

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

so anyway, i still believed in and loved Jesus but my life did not show it

NO had you truly loved JESUS , your fruits would have shown it .     You were as lost as I was too .   OH , I believed , but my heart was far from Him , I was still that same old man

with a bit of knowledge is all .  But not the saving knowledge of GOD .

As for praying the rosary ,    Rome can keep that .   I was led to Christ by GOD and from that time have prayed soley to HIM by Christ . 

Ps ,  no contemplative prayer for me either .   I wont be heard for my much words and centered prayer .   GOD already knows what I have need of .

SO I wont be praying like the heathen who think they will be heared for their many chants and words .

Am I going to be the ONLY one who tries and steers you away from Rome .    I sure hope not .    For if we love you , we would have no desire for you to perish .

But many have been trained that to go after anyones system is all wrong and hate .   Heck its got so bad now , Some even wont correct a buddits or a muslim or a hindu .

We truly are coming to the end and the falling away is just going viral out of control .    BUT I have all hope , HIS NAME IS JESUS .  I have heaviness and sadness too

for many .  I do   But all I can do is warn .   And pray .  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

We believe who He is.

We believe what He has done.

Trusting means to dedicate ourselves entirely to Him.

We have blind faith even though we can not see Him. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

George gave a great example of trusting or believing in the Lord. My paraphrase of it is below. 

You go to niagra falls to watch someone on a tightrope cross the falls. He goes across by himself first and then returns. He then crosses carrying a tv set and returns. Then he crosses carrying a dog and returns. He asks the crowd do you believe I can carry a man? Yes yes you reply. He says ok, climb onto my shoulder and lets go. 

That's trust.

• Loved it! 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Hey there Cantankerous, you have asked the question," What is it to trust Jesus," simply this," Trust and Obey, for there's no other way, to be Happy in Jesus, but to TRUST and OBEY." It's a walk of (faith), not what we can see tangibly, (in front of us), but in knowing what God requires of us, and just doing it, always making Right Choices, in everything, Amen. As always, I hope this is helpful, God bless.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Willa said:

To trust in Jesus  means to lean all your weight on Him, to rely on Him to save you eternally and to help you in every day circumstances.  It also means to trust in the Bible as His words and to utilize the promises and teaching to solve problems that arise.  We apply them to our lives.  

Trusting in Jesus is relying on His blood alone as the payment for our sin.  Jesus' death paid for us, redeeming us from the realm of satan.  All of us are going to hell until we accept God's remedy.  Jesus is our near kinsman Redeemer who is able to pay the price of our ransom.  He is the only sinless Lamb of God able to redeem us.  So we rely wholly on Him and realize that we can do nothing to help ourselves.  To believe that we can pay for our own sins by suffering for them ourselves is to spit upon all Christ did on the cross.  It is spitting on His blood.  

........and then there is Purgatory, another major spitter.The damnable Doctrine That upends Christianity....those that adhere to it prove they are clueless about Christianity....it’s sickening and heartbreaking at the same time.....It tramples the Blood ,and Satan, the Originator Of it, must giggle and roll his eyes — he can’t believe people bought this Hogwash.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

27 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We have blind faith even though we can not see Him. 

Yes, it's true that we cannot see Him, but our faith sees what cannot be seen.

To the world, our faith is blind .. by their perspective we trust God without evidence in the natural. They say "seeing is believing."

But for us, believing is seeing.

The Bible says that "Faith is the substance and evidence of things not seen." Faith in God is not blind faith. It's seeing what cannot yet be seen in the natural.

Faith sees better than the natural eye can see. Natural sight is blind to what can be seen by faith.

Jesus said in John 20:29 "Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet believe." And also said in Mat.13:16 "Blessed are your eyes for they see."

2 Cor.5:7 says that "we walk by faith and not by sight." But we are not blind because 1Jn.1:7 says "we walk in the light as He is in the light."

1 Cor.2:9-10 "What eye has not seen and ears have not heard, nor has entered into the heart of those things that God has prepared for those who love Him. God has revealed to us by His Holy Spirit."

2 Cor.4:4 "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

It is not we who are blind, or have blind faith. It is them. They don't believe because they cannot see what we see. Their faith is blind because they walk in darkness.

Heb.11:6 says that anyone "..who comes to God must believe that He is." (to believe without seeing with natural eyes).

In Acts 26:18 Jesus told the apostle Paul.. "I send you to them, to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me."

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Heybro said:

Hey there Cantankerous, you have asked the question," What is it to trust Jesus," simply this, "Trust and Obey, for there's no other way, to be Happy in Jesus, but to TRUST and OBEY." It's a walk of (faith), not what we can see tangibly, (in front of us), but in knowing what God requires of us, and just doing it, always making Right Choices, in everything, Amen. As always, I hope this is helpful, God bless.

Ah, bro that's the chorus to a hymn which was an old childhood favorite of mine. I'm sure you know it well also, which is why you posted it. Thanks, and God bless you. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

George gave a great example of trusting or believing in the Lord. My paraphrase of it is below. 

@ayin jade :amen:You beat me to it, sister. I was going to share a variation of this illustration. But you said it well.:) Thanks to you and George.

Everyone had such good replies in this thread! GBU.

• Praise God! 1