• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

I don't really understand what your suggesting. Can you elaborate a bit more? What are you obeying that causes your son suffering? Are you talking about you direct actions of obedience causing suffering for your son or are you saying you think that because you serve God you think the enemy has put a target on your son? How old is your son? What kind of school was he in? What country are you in? He changed schools? How often did he change schools at what ages? Did any one prompt you to think putting you Son in the basement all day for weeks was godly or that abuse is good for children?

It's ok

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The only time that a relatively short time out in a dark close room is recommended it for autistic kids when they are overloaded with sensory data--too much commotion.  They usually do best in a calm quiet routine situation.  

Under any other circumstances the school could have been sued along with the teacher and school district.  My mom gave me time outs sitting staring at the corner of the room after giving me some advice on my rear end.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Willa said:

The only time that a relatively short time out in a dark close room is recommended it for autistic kids when they are overloaded with sensory data--too much commotion.  They usually do best in a calm quiet routine situation.  

Under any other circumstances the school could have been sued along with the teacher and school district.  My mom gave me time outs sitting staring at the corner of the room after giving me some advice on my rear end.

Sounds like mama did not spare the rod and thus the child was not spoiled .     More moms and dads could learn from MAMA eh .  

It was really gaining ground about twenty to thirty years back with this we don't believe in spanking .   IS it any wonder this generation is so in dire trouble and

has no self control .  .       HE who spares his rod , hates his son .      He who wont correct hates his own son , child .

Good advice for todays churches too .   Do not hate your neighbor in your Heart ,  You shall in any way rebuke and correct him and not allow sin upon him .

And who GOD loves HE chastens and corrects .

As even a plamists once said , BEFORE I was afflicted , I WENT ASTRAY .    And he was THANKING GOD for this correction .     Folks let no man be as the all inclusive generation .

Let us make and take out last stand  now , UNITED IN CHRIST and HEEDING ALL SOUND BIBLE DOCTRINE . WHICH IS GOOD For correction , reproof

instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be thoroughly furnished unto ALLL good works .      YOU ARE LOVED WILLA .     

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi again, There are Bible references to the concern  first mentioned. And of course there is commentary too. 

One commentary  is at https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/how-god-visits-sins-on-the-third-and-fourth-generation whether the comments are concurred with or not the several bible references alone may be helpful.

As for myself I do believe that my own faults my own sins certainly affected and still affect my now middle age children.  Yet they are responsible for their own situations. Fortunately they do see the overall struggle and hopefully growth in my own sanctification process, which may have some affect upon them.

It seems to me that  homes of individuals  mentioned in the Bible had three and four generations within them, and that yes of course the sins of the head of the household would visit upon all of the occupants. But not in the sense of their being called or not called by the Holy Spirit specifically and personally.

To make it very personal, my father was an atheist, yet the Holy Spirit called upon me personally and in such force that I had little or no reasonable way to reject the Holy Spirit making me aware of my Lord Jesus.

So even if brought up without any exposure in the home to God, Jesus the son  is there and He does call through God the Holy Spirit who the Father wills, losing not a one given him by His Father.

PLUS God answers prayer! I am the product of prayer by my grandmother for me to know God. I suggest that  God answered her prayer long after she had passed on from the flesh,  I was not brought to my own salvation until decades after her death, and yet I was always saved as God had answered her.

Have confidence to pray for your son, let him know of your prayers and read the word of God with him is my suggestion. My grandmother never missed the chance to pray and to share of God's word with her very young grandson. Your own son will have heard the word and when real hard trouble approaches him the word which is the armor of God for his own will be there for him.

Praying for you and your son, as I ask if you will pray  for me and my own children and my grandchild.

ps hang in there working at a school (I did it for fourteen years, at a Christian school). It is a challenge today.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

38 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

See? If we cease to sin, 1 Peter 4:1, the devil cannot touch us and we'll have the power over him. But ceasing from sin isn't taught anymore by those that do not want to stop their wilful sinning 2 Peter 2:14. These verse spell it out, if you believe.

Got an incurable disease or autistic child? Take dominion over the evil spirit of infirmity (Luke 13:11) :

John 15:7
If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, you will ask whatever you desire, and it will be done for you. 
Luke 1:37
For everything spoken by God is possible.
John 14:14
If you will ask anything in my name, I will do it

Believing in your heart first (just like salvation) command the spirits to leave in Jesus' Name.

Luke 10:19-20
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

What an amazing promise and yet it's not taught in the churches. Don't you realize that what Jesus did we can do too! (I'm still unlearning the junk from denominations myself!)

(taking this post quote by itself, without knowing nor referencing the previous posts in the thread)

What an amazing promise and yet it's not taught in the churches (nor forums).  Don't you realize that what Jesus did we (Ekklesia) can do too!  (I'm still unlearning (and fighting against) the junk from denominations myself!)

Yes!   Part of the sin of the churches and forums worldwide is trusting pharmakeia.    This guarantees a curse.

Thus, to be free of the curse,  simply repent of trusting that which is opposed to God, turn to God, Himself, and trust Him, call on Him,  for HE IS FAITHFUL AND TRUE!   men are wrong and sinful.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, diane32 said:

Amen sis! Thank you so much! A few people have told me to say things to him to encourage him and let him know God is with Him and I do let him know but lately not sincerely because I've been struggling to believe it myself but I will definitely say the things you and others have said and I know it will touch his heart to know people care and are praying for him so thank you ? PS I would love to live in Australia lol

Hi dianne,

That`s great. You are doing so well, just don`t let the enemy make you the scape goat for the ills of the world. You and your son are together and moving on in the Lord. Don`t look back, don`t listen to the nay sayers, keep focussed on the Lord and He will take you through this very trying time for parents especially.

Your heart is soft to the Lord, so just keep thanking him for your son and that He is taking you through. Circumstances in this world come and go and are all worth nothing, really, the only true substance is out belief and trust in the Lord. Material things perish, relationships are not always true, but the Lord knows our hearts and is working with us to shape us like Him. That is all we take to glory, our inner selves, so treasure what the Lord is doing and hold lightly to everything around.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

13 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Now you can go to the throne and get that school to fix their policy and remove those evil teachers. Take by force dominion over the enemy and bind up their evil ways.

Matthew 16:19
I will give to you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will have been bound in heaven; and whatever you release on earth will have been released in heaven.”

Frequently not.

Remember the Apostle's visit to Athens, 

with all the revelation Paul received, and the power manifest through the Apostles,

they could not stop the idolatry in Athens,

and the idolators ran the Apostle(s) out of town.

LIkewise,  they were told - "When they persecute you in one city (or church?) ,  FLEE ........ "   (at the right time)

not,  take charge, take power,  overcome the idolators,  as if they could (because they could not). (or did not)

We are told to pray even for enemies.

3 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Wow! I bring the word of God and I'm the enemy?! Shame on you. You don't believe the word of God. 1 Corinthians 5:4-5.

Why did you assume you are an enemy of the word of God ?   I did not say you were.    (The point was that

since we are to pray even for the enemy (at times),  how much more to pray for mistaken saints ?!)

Is it because of false accusation here ?  Or somewhere else something false posted ?

11 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

What am I mistaken about?

There's many times in Scripture where the opposition is not overcome, at least at the time (later, of course, always).

Likewise many believers in the holocaust, for most obvious well known example last century,  did not run the nazis out of town - rather the believers and the Jews were arrested, shot, tortured, and martyred.  Some escaped, but not many. 

Likewise reported a million chinese believers were executed,  OR some number of them renounced their faith in Jesus in order not to be executed (thus they ended up worse than those who stood fast and endured to the end).

Whether it is a school,  a police officer, a military or a government agent,

or even just a neighbor,  or some rich suit ,   we as believers have been and can be put in "fiery trials",  in positions where we lose what we never thought we could lose.    In some battles, with the government,  we have to move (eventually) to escape their posins (shots) or harassment (over having a believer's meeting in a home;  or selling best quality horses that competitors manage to put a stop to because they're jealous(they did this to the Mennonites or the Amish in place(s) in Arkansas - the Godly folk moved to another state instead of fighting) ) ..............

I'm not sure you disagree with this..... it just looked like some of it....