IGNORED

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time

gordon7777

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

It is true, if someone says the Lord is their rock, we should remember the rest of the words of God, agree and let the word speak. To just remember, when the word says we are fearfully made, the word also says..Job 41:33 Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.

Remembering that the Lord is our rock and fortress, also remembering..Psalm 78:35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.
36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.

It is good that we confess the Lord, as I do to, the Lord Jesus Christ, and good to remember this too..

Ezekiel 33:31 And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.

Jeremiah 5:2 And though they say, The Lord liveth; surely they swear falsely.

Jeremiah 7:9 Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;
10 And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?

This is the whole testimony of the scriptures, surely it is needful for us to remember and consider ? If Israel would not hear, the Lord would weep for their pride. Israel dealt proudly and hardened their necks to not walk in the Lords commandments, as was done on Nebuchadnezzer his heart was lifted up hardened in pride then deposed from high kingly throne. These are testimonies because the Lord purposed to stain the pride of all glory, upon every one that is proud and lofty, to be brought low, bringing into contempt all the honourable of the earth, and testified, now we call the proud happy, and the ones doing wickedness are set up, but the day of the Lord came to make all the proud be as stubble, and cut them off forever, but unto the ones who fear the Lord to arise as the Son of righteousness with healing in HIs wings..

Jeremiah 13:17 But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the Lord's flock is carried away captive.

Nehemiah 9:16 But they and our fathers dealt proudly, and hardened their necks, and hearkened not to thy commandments,

Daniel 5:20 But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him:

Isaiah 2:12 For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

Isaiah 23:9 The Lord of hosts hath purposed it, to stain the pride of all glory, and to bring into contempt all the honourable of the earth.

Malachi 3:15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

Malachi 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

This is the purpose of God then, to withdraw pride from man,  God hears not the pride of evil man, who have another king beholding all things high over the children of pride, and these wicked through the pride of their countenance will not seek sincerely after God, Go is not in all of his thoughts, only when convenient, whose strength is firm, not plagued like men of God, therefore pride covers them like  a garment, whose eyes stand out with fatness, corrupt and speak loftily, but the fear of the Lord is to hate pride and arrogancy, as when pride comes then shame, but with the lowly is wisdom, only pride brings the contention, and pride goes before destruction and an haughty spirit before a fall, and the mans pride does bring him low,because honour upholds the humble in spirit, a humble spirit with the lowly, and the proud divide their spoil, but the high look and proud heart is sin, proud and haughty scorner is his name who deals in proud wrath, and he that is proud of heart stirs up strife..

Job 33:17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

Job 35:12 There they cry, but none giveth answer, because of the pride of evil men.

Job 41:34 He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.

Psalm 10:4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

Psalm 73:3 For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
7 Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.
8 They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Proverbs 16:19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Proverbs 21:4 An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.

Proverbs 21:24 Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.

Proverbs 28:25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat.

The Lords revelation from Heaven of the judgement Christ told us all cuts off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaks proud things, who speak proudly with their mouths, and the lying lips are put to silence, who speak greviously and proudly against the righteous, who do not make the Lord their trust who respect the proud, and liars, and the Lord lifts Himself up to render a reward to the proud in the form of the Gospel. The high look and proud heart will not be suffered, and the proud are rebuked and cursed who do not do as Christ taught, who scorn as they are at ease and have contempt as they are the proud, but although the Lord is high, He has respect to the lowly, and the proud He knows afar off..

Psalm 12:3 The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:

Psalm 17:10 They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.

Psalm 31:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

Psalm 40:4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Psalm 94:2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud.

Psalm 101:5 Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.

Psalm 119:21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.

Psalm 123:4 Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.

Psalm 138:6 Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.

Christ scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts, from within their heart is pride coveteousness all these defile the man. Lifted up in pride we fall into the snare of the devil. All in the world, the pride of life is not of the Father, but is of the world. Then the ending testimony for these ending days, they know the judgement of God, they have the scriptures, but they are proud, boasters, disobedient and do not care, they do not bring the doctrine of humility, and are proud, bringing envy and strife, and they suppose that gain is godliness, not loss, they love their own selves, they are coveteous, they boast, they are proud, disobedient, false accusers, trice breakers, traitors who are highminded, as they love pleasure more than they love God, they have a form of godliness but they deny the power of meekness?

Luke 1:51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

Mark 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

1 Timothy 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Romans 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Timothy 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

God resists the proud but gives grace to the lowly, He scorns the scorners and gives grace to the humble, and our King came just, lowly, riding upon a donkey. Learn of Him, for He is meek and lowly in heart, as Hezekiah humbled himself for the pride of his heart, and not be the king who did not humble himself before Jeremiah speaking from the Lord, and when men are cast down here is lifting up and He shall save the humble person, this is the desire of the humble and the Lord prepared heir heart that way so He hears us, as the Lord humbled the lofty looks of man, that is what was done, their haughtiness was bowed down, the Lord alone is exalted in His day, who brought the mean man down, and humbled the mighty and the Lord dwells with the man of a contrite spirit and humble to revive the heart of the humble, and now all were commanded to repent..Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Proverbs 3:34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

2 Chronicles 32:26 Notwithstanding Hezekiah humbled himself for the pride of his heart, both he and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the wrath of the Lord came not upon them in the days of Hezekiah.

2 Chronicles 36:12 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord his God, and humbled not himself before Jeremiah the prophet speaking from the mouth of the Lord.

Job 22:29 When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.

Psalm 10:17 Lord, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:

Isaiah 2:11 The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.

Isaiah 5:15 And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled:

Isaiah 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Jesus taught us clearly, to humble as the child, to be the greatness of what Heaven is, and who exalts themselves will be abased, and humble to be exalted, then we put on as the elect of God, mercy and kindness for other, humbleness of mind, meekness, humbling ourselves in the sight of the Lord, and be clothed with humility, for God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble, humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God and He might exalt us in due time..

Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Luke 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I hope there is nothing of value in this super long post.....is there anybody out there that is going to read all of this?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

He needs help.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I read it all. Quite a bit in the way of scriptures concerning pride and humility in there. If someone feels led by God to share something it's probably about as long as it should be.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

@gordon7777 bro, TMI. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I hope there is nothing of value in this super long post.....is there anybody out there that is going to read all of this?

This I understand by another member is referred as: "scripture bombing". Or perhaps too much = :coffee:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Not me. But that's just me. 

I actually started a thread about long posts. Fact is, people need to earn the "respect" necessary for people to read their stuff. It's why some books are best sellers and there are many, many books that rarely sold, and were read even less. The writing style and content has to be done well if you expect people to read more than a couple of sentences - even if it's important.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,528
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/12/2019 at 8:38 AM, BeauJangles said:

This I understand by another member is referred as: "scripture bombing". Or perhaps too much = :coffee:

Hi,

May God bomb me daily with His scripture! May I learn to apply it to all that I do. 

No "Cliffs Notes", and no "Got Questions"  for this  born again bond-servant.

Lord please make each day an epic length  adventure into Your word. May I never  think myself so busy that I could not be bothered with the word of God shared with me.

Now the conclusions reached about the word, that is a different matter altogether.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Tampered With said:

Humble yourself. Mastering yourself, even your own tongue is the hardest task you will ever try to achieve. I know because I am still trying and have yet to achieve the task. 

It may be a hardest task, but if any man does not bridle his tongue his deceives his own heart, and his religion is vain..

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

16 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

May God bomb me daily with His scripture! May I learn to apply it to all that I do. 

No "Cliffs Notes", and no "Got Questions"  for this  born again bond-servant.

Lord please make each day an epic length  adventure into Your word. May I never  think myself so busy that I could not be bothered with the word of God shared with me.

Now the conclusions reached about the word, that is a different matter altogether.

The conclusion cant ever be told to be bad, it is all profitable and good. to him that applies it good

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.