IGNORED

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time

gordon7777

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/12/2019 at 1:48 PM, Still Alive said:

Not me. But that's just me. 

I actually started a thread about long posts. Fact is, people need to earn the "respect" necessary for people to read their stuff. It's why some books are best sellers and there are many, many books that rarely sold, and were read even less. The writing style and content has to be done well if you expect people to read more than a couple of sentences - even if it's important.

Remember when Jesus called the Apostles they did not need time to get to know Him, they knew Him immidiately and followed Him, as He says His sheep know His voice and follow Him, if they receive us they receive the Son and then the Father, if of God they hear God';s words, but if they are not of God they hear not God's words.

Also for anyone reading they might gain understanding why the wicked speak lies and are astranged fro the womb, and in what ways.

Luke 5:28 And he left all, rose up, and followed him.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, gordon7777 said:

Remember when Jesus called the Apostles they did not need time to get to know Him, they knew Him immidiately and followed Him, as He says His sheep know His voice and follow Him, if they receive us they receive the Son and then the Father, if of God they hear God';s words, but if they are not of God they hear not God's words.

Also for anyone reading they might gain understanding why the wicked speak lies and are astranged fro the womb, and in what ways.

Luke 5:28 And he left all, rose up, and followed him.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

I actually came up with an analogy about this very thing about a year ago. As the Bible says, when it comes to people, there are sheep and there are goats. But there are actually three groups: Goats, found sheep and lost sheep. When I present the gospel to those that are not found sheep, I don't know if they are lost sheep or goats. But the lost sheep respond (and become found). And, truth be told, they may not even respond to me, but to someone at a later date. 

But the point is that we can share the gospel, and it is up to them to receive or reject. And when they reject, we simply move on. It's pointless to keep brow beating the same people over and over again. You just may be trying to convert a goat to a sheep.

Edited by Still Alive
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

great points here

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I actually came up with an analogy about this very thing about a year ago. As the Bible says, when it comes to people, there are sheep and there are goats. But there are actually three groups: Goats, found sheep and lost sheep. When I present the gospel to those that are not found sheep, I don't know if they are lost sheep or goats. But the lost sheep respond (and become found). And, truth be told, they may not even respond to me, but to someone at a later date. 

But the point is that we can share the gospel, and it is up to them to receive or reject. And when they reject, we simply move on. It's pointless to keep brow beating the same people over and over again. You just may be trying to convert a goat to a sheep.

Jesus came to find HIs sheep, where they were scattered, they were not found where the false gods were. There was no shepherd for them ios testified, so they hard no other shepherd/teaxcher/rulers/gods.The thief satan was before Christ, and the sheep did not hear them.

Ezekiel 34:5 And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.

Ezekiel 34:8 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;
Ezekiel 34:11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Now the sheep returned to their same Shepherd..

1 Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Lost sheep we see are actually found, as He says, OTHER SHEEP I HAVE, ...THEM I MUST BRING

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

I means the Lord searches them out where they have been scattered, and He found them, He knows them by name even..

John 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 6/12/2019 at 4:18 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I hope there is nothing of value in this super long post.....is there anybody out there that is going to read all of this?

Not me but the Bible does tell us that we are to be humble.

• Thumbs Up 1

Humbled to death, dead to sin, alive to God, His words are Spirit and life, which people do not want now.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Zechariah 11:11 And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the Lord.

Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sounddoctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;