IGNORED

God, the gloom is everywhere these days. It’s so difficult to see Your truth and love. Will You help me? I’m hopeless without You

Gayla

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Isaiah 25:1-9 
Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago. You have made the city a heap of rubble, the fortified town a ruin, the foreigners’ stronghold a city no more; it will never be rebuilt. Therefore strong people will honor you; cities of ruthless nations will revere you. You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in their distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat. For the breath of the ruthless is like a storm driving against a wall and like the heat of the desert You silence the uproar of foreigners; as heat is reduced by the shadow of a cloud, so the song of the ruthless is stilled. On this mountain the Lord Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all people, a banquet of aged wine— the best of meats and the finest of wines. On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all people, the sheet that covers all nations; he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth. The Lord has spoken. In that day they will say, Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the Lord, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The Scriptures, along with our experiences, shows us that a shroud of ignorance and evil covers this world, trying to blind all of us to God’s love. Selfishness and greed, our self-sufficiency, our lust for power or image—all these compulsions obscure our vision, making us unable to clearly see the God who “In perfect faithfulness does wonderful things”.

One translation calls this blinding shroud a “Cloud of gloom”. If we are left to ourselves, we experience only darkness, confusion, and despair. We often feel trapped—stumbling, unable to see our way forward. But, Isaiah promises that God will ultimately “Destroy the shroud" that enfolds all people.

One of our realities of life in a broken world is that death, shame, and grief dominate our experiences. However, Isaiah’s prophecy responds to these destructive concerns with the promise that God “Will swallow up death forever” and wipe away every one of our tears. This promise is also noted in the Bible’s last book, “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away” (Revelation 21:4).

God will not leave us hopeless. His merciful love that He has for us removes whatever blinds us, leaving us with a beautiful vision of a good life and abundant and amazing Grace!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@Gayla

Such encouragement and a pleasure to read. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

We have read the Bible we know who wins at the end. In the mean time Satan is trying his best to turn our world upside down. I don't know how bad it will get before God takes home the Church in the rapture. Just know that God is with us and will never leave us. He keeps His promises. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Gayla Uplifting! I needed this today.:) God is good.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

All the time....He is so good...

• Praise God! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

Amen praise the Lord

• Praise God! 3

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

55 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I don't know how bad it will get before God takes home the Church in the rapture.

I do not know how bad it will get either, I just know this much about that:

For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be.

and

Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

However, I also know this about it:

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Amen, the Bible gives me, so of my brothers and sisters so much hope. God is so good.  I like working in the yard even though it is so hot; to see the beauty of nature, the flowers are so beautiful. There must be flowers in heaven. I have seen pictures of beautiful palaces, mansions, cathedrals, churches built by human hands, how much greater will heaven be! The Lord is so good to forgive us of our sins. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

We have read the Bible we know who wins at the end. In the mean time Satan is trying his best to turn our world upside down. I don't know how bad it will get before God takes home the Church in the rapture. Just know that God is with us and will never leave us. He keeps His promises. 

Corrie ten Boom is very truthful, good testimony of Jesus and of God's Love, and showed

decades ago that the tribulation for Christians around the world began decades ago.  Millions were slaughtered, and perhaps a million renounced their faith in Jesus in order not to be killed (in China) and the pastors there wept bitterly because they had told the congregations that they would not have to suffer nor be killed !

God says in answer to prayer,  that "when the last martyr has been beheaded, then I will come quickly and execute My Vengeance upon the the earth,  <without mercy>,  to those who have shed innocent blood <since Abel> "

Whoever chooses to follow Jesus will suffer (painful) persecution/ tribulation,  and it is so.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

thank you for shareing this :)

• Thumbs Up 1