• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, Mike Mclees said:

The question is, Is denominationalism biblical?   Does God have a preferred and true church  amongst denominations?  Are there denominations in Gods kingdom?

God has one church regardless of the denomination.  It isn't divided.  Denominations are man made

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

1 hour ago, jsimms615 said:

God has one church regardless of the denomination.  It isn't divided.  Denominations are man made

I think you are referring to the future state of the church, when the tares are burned, but yes, we are ONE.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

4 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

I think you are referring to the future state of the church, when the tares are burned, but yes, we are ONE.

No, I'm referring to now.  Your either "in Adam" or "in Christ".  If you are "in Christ" then you are a part of the true church

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

Here is the true bride.  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lam and the word of their testimony and they loved not their life unto the death    

Many churches have strayed and become worldly. They added to themselves many doctrines and ideals. It has become confusion this thing we call Christianity. Still only one field was planted. The true bride is one that is built upon a personal faith walk with Christ and only Christ knows them. God has no denominations in his kingdom. He has no favorites only those who have kept His commandments, walk in the spirit  and stay true even to the end.   

Jesus said pray always the ye be accounted worthy to escape the things that are coming upon the earth. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

My thoughts.

How many 'denominations' still hold to the RCC (and earlier) Jew hating edicts that changed the Sabbath to SUN-day, and The Passover to Ishtar (easter)? [Queen of heaven - Semiramis, Nimrod, Tammuz, yule pig etc]

If you read, https://www.ushmm.org/m/pdfs/20070119-persecution.pdf you might find clues as to the extent of this diabolical anti-Semitic historical movement.

How could one entertain the idea that these 'denominations' were truly Christian?  I will leave it up to the reader to decide.

A little knowledge is dangerous - 'My people perish thru lack of knowledge'.

"...as is the tree, so is its fruit."

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:36 AM, Reinitin said:

I'm probably not being very helpful. But, my grand mother used to say, Don't confuse church folks with God's children. Church folks go to church, Gods children are the church.

The older I get the wiser my grand mother seems. 

The Lord knows who His true bride is and he knows their name. Paul said know ye not ye are the Temple and the Spirit of God is in you. Salvation is in the heart not a building that we call church. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

A lot of good responses here.

I agree that all religions are man made and the only real one is the one in Him.

I believe the problem is that when God delivers a truth people hold up the gift instead of the Giver and since they are the ones 'holding' it they assume the position of judge (denominational 'I'm in you're out' spirit).

By natural birth, being in a finite fallen condition, we look 'unto' which implies discernment and we tend to gravitate in the direction of our sense experience/intellect.

It is only the Lord that can keep us on the straight and narrow.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/19/2019 at 9:30 AM, Billiards Ball said:

TODAY,  since the first century,  the EKKLESIA,  born again ones,  by the Will of the Father in heaven,  set apart BY THE FATHER,  called out ones,  

have been echad with Jesus and with the Father and with each other,  regardless of where they are (even 'hiding' in any denomination).....

even in other parts of the world,  we (EKKLESIA) are one, echad, in ONE BODY (as written), and are being fitly joined together (spiritually) as written throughout the New Testment.

There have been a few churches since the first century living the truth,  in Jesus, doing what He says.  Not most, but a few.

The members in Jesus are not seen all in one place, but are scattered around the world, or around a city, often...

The members in any 'church'/ forum/ group/ are not usually all His,  but a few may be, as written.

Thus we cannot trust men,  to know who is who.  Only trust God's Word - SEE HIS DESCRIPTION THERE<  not man's description elsewhere and opposed to Him..... Trust HIM,  by faith in JESUS,  and KEEP SEEKING HIS KINGDOM EVERY DAY .....

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/12/2019 at 6:32 PM, Mike Mclees said:

The question is, Is denominationalism biblical?   Does God have a preferred and true church  amongst denominations?  Are there denominations in Gods kingdom?

I guess we have to see what corresponds the most with scripture. I have a baptist upbringing but i love Pentecostal.