• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

The question is, Is denominationalism biblical?   Does God have a preferred and true church  amongst denominations?  Are there denominations in Gods kingdom?

The answer is, is a particular d- or non-d church preaching the false gospel of works or the true gospel? Everything else is almost negotiable!

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

32 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

My observation is that when individual Christians get together and form strong relationships and friendships with each other is that the denominational differences tend to vanish.  

"Wherever two or three (or twelve or two hundred) are gathered IN MY NAME,  THERE AM I in the midst of them"

Even (or more often?)  when they are babes in Christ,  not strong,  not even friends yet - only IN CHRIST ,  with no denom barrier between God and them nor between each other. 

When Jesus is in the midst of them,   this is known by those watching , even enemies sometimes testify "they have been with God" .....

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

36 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

The answer is, is a particular d- or non-d church preaching the false gospel of works or the true gospel? Everything else is almost negotiable!

Jesus told the disciples to "Listen when they teach TORAH (Scripture)"

BUT (very important)

DO NOT LIVE LIKE THEY LIVE........   (the religious teachers opposed to Jesus)....

So it is sometimes that a church might have someone "preaching" something to listen to,  (Scripture),

BUT living as hypocrites just like the religious leaders Jesus referred to often, and warned against (the leaven of the religious teachers) .

Thankfully, for clarity,  most preachers in most churches do not preach from Scripture, so it is then easier to avoid those ones.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

Someone said earlier that God does not like religion.  Well I am not sure about that as someone pointed out to me he created the O.T. Jewish Religion.

I have more to say but can't right now as I have to go to work.  Maybe will get back to this. 

God Bless everyone. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Great question. It’s hard to find a church that is true. I don’t live anywhere since I drive a truck so it’s hopeless. However, I try to find a church for my my mother. I want everyone to be saved  I cry everyday. Is that normal?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/12/2019 at 12:32 PM, Mike Mclees said:

The question is, Is denominationalism biblical?   Does God have a preferred and true church  amongst denominations?  Are there denominations in Gods 

There were 7 lamp stands tepresenting 7 churches obviously they were not teaching and doing the same things. Jesus had a personal encouragement, rebuke, Praise, warning for each one

I tend to agree with the old saying, "church people go to churches, Gods children are the church". 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,184
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:32 AM, Mike Mclees said:

The question is, Is denominationalism biblical?   Does God have a preferred and true church  amongst denominations?  Are there denominations in Gods kingdom?

Hi Mike,

Denominations or even non denominations, (still man`s system) are man made and thus really just scaffolding that man has put up when a `new` truth was rediscovered, eg,

Early Church - house groups.  (some errors came in - lording it over others)

Later centuries - Roman Catholic System, and other groups. (more errors - priests, child baptism, rituals, indulgences, etc)

Middle Ages - Protestant organisations, Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists.....

Nineteenth & Twentieth centuries - Pentecostal, Charismatic & Apostolic movements & denominations.

All these held fast to a certain truth. However during the end of the last century and this century truths are not just held by a certain group. Believers have access to all the truths the Holy Spirit has clarified over the years -  

- Salvation, Baptism, Holy Living, Holy Spirit infilling, Gifting, Ministries of Christ, Eternal Purposes.

The name of a denomination would often tell you the truth they were standing for,

eg Baptists, (Adult baptism),Pentecostal, (Holy Spirit at Pentecost), Apostolic, (Apostles etc)

Now even the format of believers coming together is diversified - some in the old format, some in house meetings, some in informal sharing and get togethers, etc. The traditional public meeting as we know it has only been around for a few centuries but we have been taught, (subtly) that this is Church, where it is just one way of meeting.

The denominations are finding it hard financially to maintain their building etc and many bemoan that the church is dying, as if Jesus couldn't build His called out ones. The pew on a Sunday morning is not the measurement of the Body of Christ, but an indication the believers are looking for a more relational way of relating with other believers and desiring to use their giftings.

And we are one Body, by the Holy Spirit, the organisation just puts on a meeting, and is NOT the measurement of the Body. So no, they will not be in God`s kingdom, for Jesus is the Head and we are His Body, one group of people under the Lordship of Christ Jesus, NOT man.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I thought about adding my 2 mites worth, but the historical answer is very long. Perhaps first an understanding of what; a church, a denomination, a sect and a cult actually are. So, do we consider Mormon's, Jehovah's witnesses, the church of Scientology or Catholic's as denominations? Arguably, you have the 1st denomination protesters (Protestants) split in the reformation during the dark ages; and after, all the splits to sub-denominations. 

It's well known and documented how and why the original split occurred from Catholicism.  The splits and divisions thereafter, pertaining to the Protestants, were deep disagreements of biblical doctrine, theology, hermeneutics, eschatology and soterlology, in my opinion.

There's only one true church; and that's each born again believer who accepted Christ as their own personal Lord and savior; sealed with the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption. Which is the bride of Christ, the one true Church. 

This would make for a very long and interesting discussion.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/12/2019 at 12:32 PM, Mike Mclees said:

The traditions of man = denominationalism.

Jesus prayed three times in his high priestly prayer (John 17) that we be one as he and the Father are one.

The ultimate authority (unbeknownst to most folks) is the devil. 

The late Dr. J. Vernon McGee once said about Roman Emperor Constantine, "When he made Christianity legal, that was the day the devil joined the Church."

If you can't lick 'em, join 'em. The old adage went.

The strategy is, gain a toehold, then a foothold, then a stronghold.

It worked great in Judaism (to the point that the religious leaders denied the Christ and set forth the standard that exists to this day that any Jew who believes in

Jesus is not Jewish). The leaven of the Pharisees (Jesus called it).

The legalizing of Christianity eventually morphed into the religion of State and then the State morphed into the Roman Catholic Church, from which the Protestants

reformed (somewhat) but nowhere near enough.

When asked who the ultimate authority is, most will respond "God."

But look around at the conflicting confusion that is denominationalism. Divisions within divisions within divisions.

Sound like God?

Or the devil?

Jesus' point in Matthew 16:13 - 23 was the contrast between the things of God and the things of man (which he attributed to the devil / which is why he called Peter Satan).

The things of man are satanic.

While WE were yet enemies, Christ died for us.

Hasatan in Hebrew is the opposer / adversary / enemy.

This is why man is not supposed to interpret the Word of God, but the Holy Spirit who wrote it is. 2 Peter 1:20-21.

If we did "know this first" as the passage tells us, there would be one unified Church world wide.

That is not the Roman Catholic Church (which set out to be the one worldwide church but is rather the counterfeit).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Does God have a preferred and true church  amongst denominations? 

I would say God has Christians who are attending in denominational churches. And ones might be pastors. And ones like these might be wise to however the denomination is incorrect.