Footprint

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Paul gave strict warning against any divisions in the church...

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Regardless of Paul's concern, we now have THOUSANDS of denominations. Some of which are Lutheran (of Martin Luther the German monk who began the Protestant Reformation), some are Calvinists (of John Calvin), Baptists, Catholic and the list goes on.

Ever wondered why there are THOUSANDS (literally) of religious denominations, organizations and autonomous congregations, many of whom use the same version of the Holy Bible, but with various beliefs?

GOD'S CHURCH WAS NOT ORDAINED TO BE THAT WAY!

Varying beliefs, divisions, contention and strife do not come from God.

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

A warning is given in Acts Chapter 20...

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
(29) For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
(30) Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
(31) Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

There is only ONE TRUE CHURCH. And it was started by Jesus, Himself. Jesus is the ONLY name associated with it's founding, and it's inauguration. The TRUE Church's birth and inauguration is found documented in Acts Chapter 2. And it's original teachings and oldest history is found within the 28 Chapters of the New Testament Book of Acts (of the Apostles).

God bless!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

very intresting

• This is Worthy 1